Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I get a discount since I helped y'all revise the Mishimoto intake system for a 2015 Focus ST? I am practically part of your engineering department if you think about it :LOL:

There was an issue with the first intake that was released that would not allow the PCV hose that attaches to the intake to connect properly and I showed you guys how I modified it to make it work. You guys revised it further and sent me the fix I created but with higher quality parts Lol

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks john!
Hey @Lèòn - as promised, install guides and more content are on each respective product page:
High-Mount Intercooler, fits 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L

High-Mount Intercooler Kit, fits 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L

Can I get a discount since I helped y'all revise the Mishimoto intake system for a 2015 Focus ST? I am practically part of your engineering department if you think about it :LOL:

There was an issue with the first intake that was released that would not allow the PCV hose that attaches to the intake to connect properly and I showed you guys how I modified it to make it work. You guys revised it further and sent me the fix I created but with higher quality parts Lol
Hey @projectbadlands - will you please send me a PM?

- John P

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Longevity and protection, plus those are stock gains, you’d probably yield better gains with a tune
Those are gains at the wheel also. Converted to the engine and they bump up.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
8hrs huh? Interesting

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Lèòn - including the intercooler pipes, the install takes longer than the high-mount kit, alone. This install is more involved than our Stock Location intercooler. That one is in and out in less than an hour.

- John P
Heres the dilemma, I daily 98% of the time, but 2-3x’s a season so far I offroad, sometimes wading through water as seen below:
(I drove through where he got stuck)

so for occasional mud, water and dust, which os better?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heres the dilemma, I daily 98% of the time, but 2-3x’s a season so far I offroad, sometimes wading through water as seen below:
(I drove through where he got stuck)

so for occasional mud, water and dust, which os better?
Hey @Lèòn - great question. When driving through mud and muddy water, you do run the risk of clogging your intercooler fins with mud and debris. Assuming you are driving in mud/muddy water lower than your front grille, the High-Mount will collect less debris. That means your charge air temps could stay lower throughout the rest of your day/weekend on the trail. One easy answer could be lightly hosing your stock location intercooler off after a weekend on muddy trails. In that case, our stock location might be a good option. Don't forget... the High-Mount looks so cool when it's installed!

- John P

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Lèòn - great question. When driving through mud and muddy water, you do run the risk of clogging your intercooler fins with mud and debris. Assuming you are driving in mud/muddy water lower than your front grille, the High-Mount will collect less debris. That means your charge air temps could stay lower throughout the rest of your day/weekend on the trail. One easy answer could be lightly hosing your stock location intercooler off after a weekend on muddy trails. In that case, our stock location might be a good option. Don't forget... the High-Mount looks so cool when it's installed!

- John P
And it's not like I gotta keep reinstalling parts, it's all one and done.

Like I said, should be set in a week or two

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And it's not like I gotta keep reinstalling parts, it's all one and done.

Like I said, should be set in a week or two
@Lèòn Side note - that video is rad. It looks like you and the crew have a blast!

- John P

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.buckleupbuttercuptv.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Guys!

Nick here again with some VERY exciting news that we wanted to share! We didn't waste any time digging into our Bronco and are already well underway into our performance intercooler development! Make sure that you head over to our engineering blog for the full scoop!

HIGH ROAD – 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.3L/2.7L PERFORMANCE INTERCOOLER R&D, PART 1 – STOCK REVIEW AND DESIGN PLANS

NLT_9487-1-scaled.jpg

NLT_3004-scaled.jpg

Make sure that you head to the engineering blog to get a peek at what we have planned for the Bronco's intercooling system! As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have

-Nick
I would be interested in testing this for you guys if interested. Just talked about doing something about my intercooler in my latest video.
2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Towing Review | 8k Miles, Snow, Mountains, & More!

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lèòn Side note - that video is rad. It looks like you and the crew have a blast!

- John P
Thanks, we play hard, and I've taken her down Quad trails. Gonna switch spots soon, but here's a short of my friend going from trying her out to donuts

Again, so far lots of Sand, plus the high mount is noticeable vs low mount. Shop next door did headers on my Ram anyway, so don't think this is too much of a stretch

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be interested in testing this for you guys if interested. Just talked about doing something about my intercooler in my latest video.
2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Towing Review | 8k Miles, Snow, Mountains, & More!
Hey @Bronco.babeflorida - thanks for reaching out. It's unfortunate you have been plagued with CEL codes due to high IATs. Other aftermarket products in front of the stock location intercooler is one of the primary reasons we developed this high-mount. The best way to get in touch with us would be to reach out to our Sponsorship Team - mishimoto.com/sponsor .

- John P
Sponsored