John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to give this thread a bump with the latest update!

LOW ROAD – 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.3L/2.7L PERFORMANCE STOCK LOCATION INTERCOOLER R&D, PART 3 – PRODUCTION SAMPLE

NT6_3528-1-scaled.jpg

Our design has come a long way since the sheet metal frame and 3D printed end tanks and has appropriately filled out its skeleton into its final form. The growth spurt started in the core with some much-needed core thickness and additional volume, ideal for giving either EcoBoost some extra pep in its step. The innards of this new core have also been updated to a much more robust bar-and-plate construction providing vastly improved durability over the OEM design.
As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So should I just message you my shipping information? ;)

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dyno numbers?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Bumping this up with a BIG update! Our plucky little Pedro, our affectionately named 2.3L base Bronco, spend some time on the Dyno the other week to test out both of our upcoming intercooler options. Make sure that you head over to our blog to check out the full results!
Low Road – 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Performance Stock Location Intercooler R&D, Part 4 – 2.3L Dyno Results

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Stock Location Intercooler R&D Thread NT6_3753

With the flow portion sorted, we needed to see how well the new intercooler performed under pressure. To find that out, we rigged our 2.3L Bronco, AKA Pedro, up to our DynaPack system for a series of rigorous dyno testing.

We start with our power pulls. These sweeps through the rev range allow us to closely examine the effect of our design improvements compared to the OEM unit. Specifically, we’re looking at the intercooler’s heat dissipation, charged air pressure, and, of course, the power figures.

After Pedro warms up and finishes his stretches, the power pulls begin. To ensure that we’re collecting and delivering the most accurate and real-world results, our test consists of much more than just a single pull with each setup. Instead, these runs are repeated until we eliminate any outliers in the data set to create a consistent trend line of results. Instead of just cherry-picking the runs with the most significant difference, we instead compare the total result trend lines for a more accurate portrayal of our findings.
So what did we find? Hit the link above to find out!

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, just waiting to see the other option and charge pipes before I make a decision

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a bump to drop in the installation instructions that we just finished up to give you a head start for when we start shipping these!

Bronco Stock Location Intercooler Installation Instructions

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Just a heads up that we now have these intercoolers in stock and are starting to ship! If you haven't already, you should be receiving your shipping information shortly!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to give this thread a quick bump with a link to the installation instructions:

-Nick

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed mine yesterday. Took no time at all and was very easy.

Also very happy with the overall quality of the product. It is extremely well built and very beefy compared to the stock intercooler.

Only confusing part was that 2.7’s are suppose to have some type of fan shroud on the intercooler, but my 2022 Wildtrak did not have this. So I just didn’t worry about it 🤷‍♂️

A62B9265-5477-459E-A329-DD766285B0A2.jpeg

E21DBE6B-4733-443C-AC92-3B15937F8EA5.jpeg

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed mine yesterday. Took no time at all and was very easy.

Also very happy with the overall quality of the product. It is extremely well built and very beefy compared to the stock intercooler.

Only confusing part was that 2.7’s are suppose to have some type of fan shroud on the intercooler, but my 2022 Wildtrak did not have this. So I just didn’t worry about it 🤷‍♂️

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Stock Location Intercooler R&D Thread E21DBE6B-4733-443C-AC92-3B15937F8EA5

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Stock Location Intercooler R&D Thread E21DBE6B-4733-443C-AC92-3B15937F8EA5

Thanks for the feedback! We always love hearing from you guys. Interesting that your Wildtrack didn't have that extra shroud, I wonder if that was only on certain trims.

-Nick

PS - I'm drooling over that Streefighter in your avatar photo. The closest I'll get is the Japanese copy (SV650)
Sponsored