George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @GeorgeFromDallas - Great question! We have not installed either of these products in-house, but our Engineer, Dan, took a look at the images you provided above. Because the Havoc brackets bend 90 degrees horizontally, this will interfere with our intercooler. It's possible that the LOD brackets might fit (because they are vertical), but might require minimal trimming to clear the inside of the intercooler end tanks. Sorry this isn't a perfect answer for you, but it's challenging to design around the multitude of other aftermarket products.

- John
Thanks for checking up on it.

I just watched your install video for the stock location intercooler. This shot of the passenger side gives me hope.

If needed, I can do the minimal trimming on the inside Havoc bumper bracket as you suggested.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1681810899833
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @GeorgeFromDallas - When in doubt, do a little 'massaging' into place, right?!

Around 24:05 gives a decent view of the passenger side fitment. I suspect the intercooler flange (designed as such so it can tilt/drop in) could have tight clearance with those bumper brackets.

- John

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey John,

Can either intercooler kit be installed with some of the common frame tie-in bumper brackets.

Like the ones from LOD or included with Havoc bumpers?
Would both high mount and low mount work?
Would it make sense to install the intercooler before, or after, the bumper?

I am decinding on a winch bumper now and trying to plan the install / compatibility.

1681684384294.png

1681684400984.png
Hey @GeorgeFromDallas - Great question! We have not installed either of these products in-house, but our Engineer, Dan, took a look at the images you provided above. Because the Havoc brackets bend 90 degrees horizontally, this will interfere with our intercooler. It's possible that the LOD brackets might fit (because they are vertical), but might require minimal trimming to clear the inside of the intercooler end tanks. Sorry this isn't a perfect answer for you, but it's challenging to design around the multitude of other aftermarket products.

- John

As it turned out my bumper had brackets similar to the LOD brackets so I had to some trimming to do as Mishimoto said in their post. See pics....

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0561.JPG

Both inners after the trim job. 😁

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_E0588.JPG

So then I tried to install them and of course it did not go that easy. I tried my damnedest to get them in but could not find a way with the IC installed all the way. So I had to get the IC "loose" (out of the brackets) so I could get the bumper brackets in and bolted to the frame (mine use a through bolt not individual ones like LOD)

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0597.JPG

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0598.JPG

........and let me tell you it is tight, squeeky tight. ;) but they fit. I had to use some swivel sockets and a bit of twisting the right way to get them 4 bolts in and not cross threaded but it is do-able. Not much room for anything else. 😁

I've had to redo my winch mount, in the process now, to go from inside frame to outside. I don't get to work on it much but the next week or 2 should have something fabbed up.
Sponsored

Last edited: