First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
🤔 and like mentioned here before ... what about that "heyyyyyyy jeep is countering fords sasquatch with their extreme package for (only?) the wrangler Rubicon..." smack day in the middle of their video for the Bronco.

🤣

Jeeps running scarred that's why after 20years of the faithful asking the Wrangler all of a sudden gets a v8.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😎👍Short shifters are top on my list for manuals.

I remember I went to a Toyota lot once to see an eclipse manual cause they had a decent price used one, and they bait and switched me ... (... or just baited me) it wasn't there.

I was walking away and the sales person was throwing how many Toyota at me, "how bout this or that Toyota brand new".

🤣👍... was about gone when he said we have a corolla manual (this was years ago when the corolla didn't have the refresh it has now).
I was like, 🤔 hmm would be an interesting test drive (a non exciting one, but interesting).

🙃👍 OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS, the shift throw on that was soon long; I guess to make up for the lack of power ... "red line it, when u upshift you'll be in the correct shift point 🤣".

😎👍 ... in any case I do like a short shift mod in the top 5.
Def, my only question is who to go with at this point

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🤔👍 Is this what you were looking for:

I think forward to 3:28

Thank you. That one works. I hadn’t seen any of their videos so I was t even sure where to start. It was nice to hear their critical review. They had some things that I hadn’t heard of before.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mods will fix things; Intercooler+Charge Pipes, Downpipes, Tune, CAI are just enough to turn things around.

Short Shifters also help, and maybe lighter but just as durable rims.
Hopefully the 2.3 in the bronco isn’t plagued with “ecoboom” like the mustangs.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Give me about 20 minutes while I try and decipher what the hell you’re saying! 🤣😂

Engineer = numbers (and units) first, life second (ask me how I know :p ).

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Engineer = numbers (and units) first, life second (ask me how I know :p ).
Unless you’re a software engineer (like myself). The numbers never get that high unless I’m returning DB records 😜

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fastest Bronco will be a 2 door base with the 2.7L and 10 speed auto. Lightest weight and smallest 30” tires for the win.

This test is a Badlands 4 door rolling on 285/70R17 (32.8”) tires. The 4.7 gears do help, but compared to the base on small tires with 4.46 it’s like having a 4.1 ratio. The 4.7 with 285/70R17 is very close to the Black Diamond gearing of 4.46 with 265/70R17 tires.
Are you comparing both motors in the base in this statement?

Base + 2.3 + MT = 4.46
Base + 2.7 + AT = 3.73

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully the 2.3 in the bronco isn’t plagued with “ecoboom” like the mustangs.
Think that was boosted without Intercooler's, Mustang6g had a thread about how bad stock Intercooler's were, basically designed for 60 less HP, went all cheap

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you comparing both motors in the base in this statement?

Base + 2.3 + MT = 4.46
Base + 2.7 + AT = 3.73
Yes, both in base trim. The lower gearing and speed of shifting in the 10 speed auto should more than make up for the lower ring and pinion ratio in the manual. The numbers on the current generation Mustang are telling, 0-60 for the manual is half a second slower than the Auto.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/why...automatic-is-so-much-quicker-than-the-manual/

Ford Bronco 0-60 mph test for 2.3L Bronco with 7-speed manual by TFL D5AA1420-FCF8-4D26-8616-78448D6E604D

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Think that was boosted without Intercooler's, Mustang6g had a thread about how bad stock Intercooler's were, basically designed for 60 less HP, went all cheap
I think part may have also been staying in 6th gear(manual) while passing or going up steep grades instead of downshifting. Turbo engines don’t like to be lugged.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think part may have also been staying in 6th gear(manual) while passing or going up steep grades instead of downshifting. Turbo engines don’t like to be lugged.
They definitely dont

Feel it in my dead pancreas and phantom tonsils when people lug their turbo cars

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'
It's not slow by any means. AND it's not slow by any means for WHAT it is. It barely would make this list and none of these are off road oriented vehicles (https://www.motortrend.com/features-collections/slowest-cars-tested?slide=16). You'll be able to merge on the highway just fine.

Also Tommy's launch was terrible, nothing like getting out of the gas while in 1st to set a good 0-60.
FYI none of those cars motor trend tested are any fun, fun to drive or can go off road. What was the point of your article? an 8 second Bronco designed in 2022? Next you're going to tell me, that its not fast but it can go anywhere... So if its a crawler then? rather than a desert baja racer? I'm changing to the Raptor, the Bronco cant tow, is slow, overweight and has a weaker transmission from an SUV. Honestly its probably 8 sec slow because it has that Explorer transmission and they are tuning the engine not to blow the tranny.... that's why probably it cant tow. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. Not everyone is comfortable with this.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I fixed the screenshot and highlighted the important bits for you:

Ford Bronco 0-60 mph test for 2.3L Bronco with 7-speed manual by TFL D5AA1420-FCF8-4D26-8616-78448D6E604D

Also, making sure about Nm vs lb/ft is a *big* deal, as it's not like 100Nm is a 1:1 conversion to lb/ft. Just on 'numbers' alone, they differ by about 25%.

Any engineer worth their salt is going to *know*. They won't "forget which is which" or "not know"
Looks like you have trouble figuring out what the “important bits” are! 😂

Because the numbers that Engineer made up were indeed accurate.

“Bronco Brand Manager Esteban Plaza-Jennings told BN that the 10R60 is more than capable of handling the Bronco’s power output, as
the trans is rated at 406lb-ft with the 2.3L engine and 424lb-ft with the 2.7L engine. For reference, the 2.3L engine is projected to produce 310lb-ft of torque, while the 2.7L will produce 400lb-ft.

Source

Physics > Semantics 😜
Sponsored