William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Hey everyone went to grab color samples, of course there were none. Asked if I could drive a 2.3L Ranger and he just gave me the keys and told me to go drive it.

I’ll upload the video but a few things:

Beginning of the video I put modest gas, modest to me is like 30% maybe.

I showed get up and go from speed, you can see the lag. Lag in this setup is about 2-3 seconds. I imagine throttle controllers could help the feel of this aftermarket for $100.

Highway entrance I put maybe 60-70% throttle, it wasn’t floored and you can see once it’s spooled, it goes and goes pretty quick.

All in all not a bad drive, It feels like a 4 cylinder until the turbo kicks in. I have no issues now with picking the 2.3L, it’s got plenty of power. Hopefully this helps some people out. Sorry about the orientation, wasn’t thinking about that while I held the phone.

Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People who test drive it, and offer real feedback > People on the forums who never drove the 2.3, bitching about it because it's not a V6

Thanks for the report!

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
People who test drive it, and offer real feedback > People on the forums who never drove the 2.3, bitching about it because it's not a V6

Thanks for the report!
You’re welcome!

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

While i was pretty much dead set on the 2.3, this really solidifies it for me. Its faster than my n/a 2.0 focus, and thats plenty for me. So i imagine flooring it in the 2 door will feel like a sports car compared to what it usually feels like. Thanks for posting!

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey everyone went to grab color samples, of course there were none. Asked if I could drive a 2.3L Ranger and he just gave me the keys and told me to go drive it.

I showed get up and go from speed, you can see the lag. Lag in this setup is about 2-3 seconds. I imagine throttle controllers could help the feel of this aftermarket for $100.

Highway entrance I put maybe 60-70% throttle, it wasn’t floored and you can see once it’s spooled, it goes and goes pretty quick.

All in all not a bad drive, It feels like a 4 cylinder until the turbo kicks in. I have no issues now with picking the 2.3L, it’s got plenty of power. Hopefully this helps some people out. Sorry about the orientation, wasn’t thinking about that while I held the phone.

I actually test drove a Ranger today too, lariat 4x4. Lots of pep for the 2.3, really nice little truck. I was pretty impressed with the quality overall as well. The interior seemed well constructed!

Still going 2.7L though.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Not too Bad", you said on the Highway test where you start at 15 mph and accelerate to 85 mph. I know, I've never driven faster than 80 in 17 years. I definitely would have had some pucker if I was in the cab. I was going to get the 2.7L as I'm reluctant about the DI of the 2.3L. But perhaps, I should save my money on the 2.7L. I could use the savings to buy diapers as I piss my pants with the 2.3L.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
"Not too Bad", you said on the Highway test where you start at 15 mph and accelerate to 85 mph. I know, I've never driven faster than 80 in 17 years. I definitely would have had some pucker if I was in the cab. I was going to get the 2.7L as I'm reluctant about the DI of the 2.3L. But perhaps, I should save my money on the 2.7L. I could use the savings to buy diapers as I piss my pants with the 2.3L.
Lol the highway is 75mph. I got a bit past 80 but I always drive 5 over. ? If that scared you I can do a 0-120 in my challenger for you? Hahaha. That’ll hit 120 by the end of the on-ramp!

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All in all not a bad drive, It feels like a 4 cylinder until the turbo kicks in. I have no issues now with picking the 2.3L, it’s got plenty of power. Hopefully this helps some people out. Sorry about the orientation, wasn’t thinking about that while I held the phone
Will you be selecting the 2dr Bronco? Do you think it’ll fair well with a 4dr?

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually test drove a Ranger today too, lariat 4x4. Lots of pep for the 2.3, really nice little truck. I was pretty impressed with the quality overall as well. The interior seemed well constructed!

Still going 2.7L though.
Same, this was a lariat. It was quite nice actually, felt roomy! I like the engine and think it’ll be good for my wife for a DD.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol the highway is 75mph. I got a bit past 80 but I always drive 5 over. ? If that scared you I can do a 0-120 in my challenger for you? Hahaha. That’ll hit 120 by the end of the on-ramp!
Nope. I'm awaiting the reveal of the final GOAT mode - Grandpa Mode.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While i was pretty much dead set on the 2.3, this really solidifies it for me. Its faster than my n/a 2.0 focus, and thats plenty for me. So i imagine flooring it in the 2 door will feel like a sports car compared to what it usually feels like. Thanks for posting!
You’re welcome! lol I imagine it’s much faster than a 2.0 focus.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will you be selecting the 2dr Bronco? Do you think it’ll fair well with a 4dr?
I am selecting a 2dr, yes. It’s hard to say, going off the guessed curb weights the 2/4dr are around 4,900lbs so they’re 4-500 more than the Ranger.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am selecting a 2dr, yes. It’s hard to say, going off the guessed curb weights the 2/4dr are around 4,900lbs so they’re 4-500 more than the Ranger.
Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the information and vids!

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the information and vids!
Welcome! Maybe I’ll get the 2.7 soon to compare haha. I live 2 minutes from the Ford dealership so it’s a quick trip.
Sponsored