Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The direct injection fuel system is just overall louder than what most people are used to. The injectors are fighting to hold back a rail pressure that can be between 2000 and 4000psi in some cases. Not to mention, the high pressure pump is driven off the camshaft with a mechanical lobe and pushrod. This also causes a loud slap/tick noise.

It's one of those things you'll either get accustomed to, or you'll end up selling the vehicle because it drives you nuts.
Glad I found this thread. That rpm based ticking tends to go away (or lessen inside the cabin at least) once everything is warmed up. Is that consistent with these ecoboost engines? First timer here to the EB world.
Sponsored

VNVET

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Reminds me of my wife’s old bronco 2. Hated that sewing machine wimpy engine, not even enough power to get up enough speed coming up an onramp onto an interstate highway.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Even my 2020 F-150 5.0 has similar valvetrain/injector ticking noises. It's just how they're built now. I don't necessarily like it, but I've learned to not worry about it. Welcome to the brave new world, I suppose.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of my wife’s old bronco 2.
I am still more irate that the Bronco II shared the Bronco name than the Bronco Sport sharing the name.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does sound like a typewriter/sewing machine and is very irritating. I don’t remember it ticking this much when I first got it and I will likely have Dealer check it out at my next oil change. I also need to get the TSB done for the rattling grinding throw out bearing sound. I’ve had a bunch of Subaru turbo 2.5l that are noisy but they dont sound irritating like the 2.3 EB. I just bought the IAG engine cover and under hood insulation pad and will see if that mutes the sound a bit.

Sponsored

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
You just need a louder muffler and then you wont notice the engine tick