Sponsored

2.7 Adv 4x4 OBX 2 Door Build - Front LSD, HF Winch, RC Hidden Mount/Skid Plate - DUNDRTY

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait.....what did you have to do to get the winch installed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait.....what did you have to do to get the winch installed?
I had to disconnect the hoses, cut off the OEM mounts from the heat exchanger, cut the frame horns, relocate the heat exchanger up higher, and then mount the winch.

I don't like how the heat exchanger sits, so I plan on relocating it closer to the transmission. Personally, I would prefer a second radiator dedicated to the transmission, but I have not decided whether or not to do that instead yet.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had to disconnect the hoses, cut off the OEM mounts from the heat exchanger, cut the frame horns, relocate the heat exchanger up higher, and then mount the winch.

I don't like how the heat exchanger sits, so I plan on relocating it closer to the transmission. Personally, I would prefer a second radiator dedicated to the transmission, but I have not decided whether or not to do that instead yet.
What about the relocated heat exchanger you do not like? I am doing this install on mine and would like to get some insight before finishing the install.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What about the relocated heat exchanger you do not like? I am doing this install on mine and would like to get some insight before finishing the install.
I would prefer to have the heat exchanger relocated to an area closer to the transmission and tucked up under the center of the vehicle to allow more room to get at the winch if needed.

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I am down to the last few upgrades that I still have to do. The next big project will be the Torsen front differential.

Couple of notes to date.

As far as suspension goes, the Badlands setup has been great, but I wonder if I would have been better served with the Bilstein 6100's. I am really digging the Badlands Bilsteins. Even with the winch up front it essentially handles the same.

The RC hidden winch mount is still a great setup, but the HF APEX Badlands 12k synthetic winch takes up every inch under there. If you don't have the ACC sensor or Front Camera, you might want to consider something else. As the installation was a major pain in the ass.

I have run 3 different tires on the Bronco so far. The stock OBX, stock Black Diamond, and the Patagonia M/T. The OBX tires are the quietest, but the General Grabbers from the Black Diamond edition are nearly as quiet, but seem to be a better all terrain tire, the Patagonia M/Ts are noticeably louder but they are excellent off-road. If I was going to pick one for all scenarios, I would go with the General Grabbers, they have been doing really well on and off-road.
What is the thought on the 6100's vs the badlands setup? I am waiting on a 4dr OBX 2.3 w tow & have the RC regular winch plate. I have 275/70/18 General Grabbers sitting on the floor waiting as well. So I have been trying to figure out the best way to add a little height for all around clearence and the weight of the winch and haven't not sure on the best option. After reading your post I was thinking the badlands shocks so I am curious why the change. My current daily driver for the last 10 years has been a F250 so I am looking forward to something a little softer so was wondering if the 6100s would be to stiff for the highway driving.
Sponsored