Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So while I am waiting for my dumb ass dealer to get me the bronco I actually wanted, I went ahead and contacted another dealer about possibly trading in the wrong bronco in exchange for a 2 door, 2.7 etc. I just got a call and a voicemail from the latter dealer, and he's saying Ford isn't allowing any order submissions for the 2.7 ecoboost for the rest of the year....
Anyone have any insight to this? Are they really going to limit 2022 to mainly 2.3l?
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So while I am waiting for my dumb ass dealer to get me the bronco I actually wanted, I went ahead and contacted another dealer about possibly trading in the wrong bronco in exchange for a 2 door, 2.7 etc. I just got a call and a voicemail from the latter dealer, and he's saying Ford isn't allowing any order submissions for the 2.7 ecoboost for the rest of the year....
Anyone have any insight to this? Are they really going to limit 2022 to mainly 2.3l?
No insight here, but I sure hope not, that would be a mess indeed. Those of us with the Manny Tranny's maybe just bumped up? Here's to that dealer hopefully not knowing what he is talking about.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I've read, the 2.7 is a constrained item as its the popular engine choice. I was able to place an order for a 2.7.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"My Dealer Said" is now a drinking game on this site after working hours.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder if this has to do with 2.7 liter engines blowing up but first I heard about this I got a text from my dealer today saying my 2.7 is being built Nov 24

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get the whole, "my dealer said" end of the argument, but why wouldn't they want to submit an order for the pricier engine?

Again, this obviously wouldn't apply to people who've already placed orders, because they've been placed.... I'm asking in regards to new orders as of this week, more specifically as of today.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if this has to do with 2.7 liter engines blowing up but first I heard about this I got a text from my dealer today saying my 2.7 is being built Nov 24
I read that was a limited issue tied to faulty manufacturing of a certain lot of engine parts. It sounds like that issue is known and limited in nature, not a widespread fault of the design.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the odds that the dealer is looking to get as many buildable units (2.3 L) as early as possible to maximize ADM opportunities?

Sponsored

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2022 2D, 2.7L, SAS, Tow, Roof Rack, Lux is scheduled for the week of December 13th...