Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4 Door, Badlands, Lux, 2.7.....

Our Bronco is the wife's daily driver. She drive it off the lot and I got to drive the long freeway drive home of about 100 miles. I got 17 MPG. It now has about 700 miles on it.

I got in it tonight and the history shows 11.2 MPG. I asked her if that's normal and she said yes, that's just what it gets.

I took off from a stop and put the pedal to the floor and it took off fast with a nice engine growl. I laid off it, looked at her, and noticed she had a big smile.

I asked if that is why it shows 11.2 MPG. She just said yes.

For those of you that don't have yours yet, it's worth the wait. For those that are complaining about the gas mileage, I think I know the problem.
Depends on which model, which gearing, which tires. The sweet spot for this car is state highways. I just did a 180 RT mile trip in my stock 4dr, MIC OBX with the rear locker, 4.27 axles, Mt Pleasant to Myrtle Beach, SC. 40 to 65 mph. 23.8 mpg. A similar trip to Jacksonville, FL with alot of 75 mph will drop to 21 mpg.
Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think fuel economy is one of the last things anyone in the USA thinks about. I hate spending money on fuel and have always owned thrifty cars. I'll be using the Bronco as a second car.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 350 miles, I am averaging 18.5 mpg.

That is 2 mpg better than my 2011 F150 302 V8.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is sitting at 18 between highway and city driving. You have to reset the mpg calculator every so often, especially if you've been idling, or sitting in a lot of traffic. It throws off the actual mpg when you're sitting in unusual driving conditions like that.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My actual mileage after 4000 miles in my 4 Dr Base Squatch 2.7L

Ford Bronco 2.7 Gas Mileage - 11.2 MPG!?! m

Sponsored

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know what they say, happy wife, empty wallet.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, I have only owned one car where the dashboard indicated mileage was even in the ball park of being accurate. I've seen them go anywhere in a +/- 5 mpg range, with an average of 2-3. Some cars will let you calibrate the calculation via pushing trip meter button in a precise way. Always use pencil and paper method, i.e speedo reading at fill up, speedo read at next fill up, subtract, miles between divided by gallons used. And as soon as one puts bigger tires on, the speedo needs recalibrated.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking in:

~17.5 in normal
~18 in eco, but it matches normal if I mash the pedal to compensate for the slow response
~16 in sport, 15 if I’m driving like a high schooler

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2.7 non SQ Badlands has average 19.5 overall. Just a hair below my last 2.7 F150. The F150 had some stuff to improve mileage (under body tray, air damn on the bumper). Overall I am happy with the performance/mileage trade off.
I'm curious how many miles you have on it, and if you saw that MPG number improve as the engine got more time on it? I'm 600 miles in on my 2.7 non-Sas BL 4dr, and struggling to get 16. And driving it pretty easily, imo.

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm curious how many miles you have on it, and if you saw that MPG number improve as the engine got more time on it? I'm 600 miles in on my 2.7 non-Sas BL 4dr, and struggling to get 16. And driving it pretty easily, imo.

The mpg really started to get better after about 900-1000 miles. The transmission started shifting buttery smooth as well. I think the break in period is real. I have 2600 miles now and averaging 17mpg consistently across the board, but have hit higher (18.2 with a roof top cargo box) on long drives on the interstate.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FE / Sport Mode / 1500 miles 16.6 mpg Avg.

This includes the 14-ish mpg break-in and 75 mph average on the road back from Granger.

Ford Bronco 2.7 Gas Mileage - 11.2 MPG!?! IMG_3745

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our Bronco is the wife's daily driver. She drive it off the lot and I got to drive the long freeway drive home of about 100 miles. I got 17 MPG. It now has about 700 miles on it.

I got in it tonight and the history shows 11.2 MPG. I asked her if that's normal and she said yes, that's just what it gets.

I took off from a stop and put the pedal to the floor and it took off fast with a nice engine growl. I laid off it, looked at her, and noticed she had a big smile.

For those of you that don't have yours yet, it's worth the wait. For those that are complaining about the gas mileage, I think I know the problem.
I'm at 18.6mpg in -15f weather in the middle of downtown. Your wife must drive the absolute shit out of this. I'm talking 16 year old leaving the midnight screening of Fast and Furious

Sideways

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST2
Your Bronco Model
Base

Wait until you try Sport mode....