Sponsored

2 Door Badlands w/Sasq ride along (including a late disappointment)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ford was at Texas Motor Speedway for the Ducks Unlimited Expo. Got to ride in my exact build (minus the hard top). Badlands, Sasq, 2.7l. Well we did also ride in a 4 door, but that was just to appease my wife since today is her birthday.

First the question everyone has been asking...What about the backseat A/C? Concerns are valid but no issue. In Texas today we were mid 90's with 60% humidity and very comfortable in backseat of both. Now, both had been running all day so I can't speak to how long it might take to get the interior cooled down, but once it is, you're fine. If my wife was fine, then it's all good.

The hill built for demonstration was said to be just under 25° but looked closer to 45°. I can tell you, the Bronco didn't even act like it was climbing. No hesitation, no RPM bump, no slipping. Very impressive.

Acceleration is there! While Didn't time it, it got to 65 in no time. Interested because I will be merging on highways. Speaking of which. Holy heck, IFS is the way to go. It handle the dirt moguls better than solid axel on the road... Stop test was also impressive. With the grip on the tires and breaks, Sasq stopped as quick as just about any other car I've been in.

Trail turn assist...Ford just dropped the mic!!! My wife absolutely loved trail turn assist on both models. Think trail donut assist. This is fun!

Evidently a lot has to do with over the air updates. The 4 door could perform the electric sway bar disconnect as these are pre-production and do not get the updates. However the 2 door performed it, and it's spectacular.

One huge disappointment though. And nothing on Ford. They were having drawings for a ride in the Bronco R driven by none other than Brad Lovell. Guess who's name got drawn during the afternoon. Guess also who had already gone home when they got the call their name was drawn....yes that would be me. My son would so disappointed in me 😢

Look I know I'm kind of a Bronco fan boy now. But I'm also a realist. The wait sucks being a first 8 hour reservation holder and still waiting, but this is worth waiting! As someone a month ago said "Ford bit off more than they could chew, and glad they did", well, I'm glad they did too, because this is going to be fun.

***Sorry that the videos are too large. Shouldn't have done in 4k even though I cut them down to 20 secs. 🤷🏻‍♂️***

IMG_20210627_120507.jpg
Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really nice review. Thanks!

I had a friend that left in the seventh inning of a Wells perfect game.

Him...like you...was a fuckin idiot. :). The R would have been a fun ride.