Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank You
Sure thing...the dealer found the problem and fixed it and I have not had the warning message since. Here is exactly what they wrote on the repair form, share it with your dealer and maybe it will help them:
20211104_174301.jpg
Thank You!
Sponsored

Kenamu

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank You

Thank You!
@Timinpgh - thanks again - I was finally able to bring my Bronco into Ford dealer and handed them your repair sheet. Same issue on mine - fixed it in about 30 minutes and back on the road. Thanks again

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Timinpgh - thanks again - I was finally able to bring my Bronco into Ford dealer and handed them your repair sheet. Same issue on mine - fixed it in about 30 minutes and back on the road. Thanks again
Oh great, glad I could help! Hopefully somebody at Ford is taking note. If we know of 2 such cases, there are probably 20. Somebody needs to talk to the assembly person in charge of that and let them know there is a problem

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sure thing...the dealer found the problem and fixed it and I have not had the warning message since. Here is exactly what they wrote on the repair form, share it with your dealer and maybe it will help them:
20211104_174301.jpg
Any idea which fuse c1100b is? I'm having the same problem on mine. Would rather check the fuse myself first before taking it in for further diagnostics

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any idea which fuse c1100b is? I'm having the same problem on mine. Would rather check the fuse myself first before taking it in for further diagnostics
No I do not, one of the fuses in the main terminal box under the hood. But, it was not the fuse itself that was the problem. It was underneath where the corresponding wire clips in to the fuse terminal, so you would have to take the box apart to get to it.

If I were you I would just take it in, should definitely be a warranty repair.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No I do not, one of the fuses in the main terminal box under the hood. But, it was not the fuse itself that was the problem. It was underneath where the corresponding wire clips in to the fuse terminal, so you would have to take the box apart to get to it.

If I were you I would just take it in, should definitely be a warranty repair.
I’ll probably take it in. Everything runs and works properly, just the message pops up like the computer thinks something is wrong but actually isn’t. I’ve already tested the battery multiple days off and on at idle. Can’t be the alternator because it battery only operations would’ve killed the truck off by now. Battery light doesn’t come on. Voltage sits in a good range while driving.

I’m taking a 6-hour drive this Wednesday so I’m assuming it won’t be dealer fixed by then. Will have to wait until I’m back next week. Hopefully everything remains the same for now and runs properly

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll probably take it in. Everything runs and works properly, just the message pops up like the computer thinks something is wrong but actually isn’t. I’ve already tested the battery multiple days off and on at idle. Can’t be the alternator because it battery only operations would’ve killed the truck off by now. Battery light doesn’t come on. Voltage sits in a good range while driving.

I’m taking a 6-hour drive this Wednesday so I’m assuming it won’t be dealer fixed by then. Will have to wait until I’m back next week. Hopefully everything remains the same for now and runs properly
Yup, that sounds just like mine. I would do like Kenamu did in the post above, print out my repair sheet and give it to the service department, it might save them some time and get you back on the road more quickly. Good luck and please report back on the result! PS: I have not had any problems since they fixed it, and that was 2000+ miles ago.

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yup, that sounds just like mine. I would do like Kenamu did in the post above, print out my repair sheet and give it to the service department, it might save them some time and get you back on the road more quickly. Good luck and please report back on the result! PS: I have not had any problems since they fixed it, and that was 2000+ miles ago.
Well I disconnected the negative terminal, went around and tightened any ground connections I saw, and reseated some of the fuses including the 3A battery sensor fuse on the positive terminal side of the battery. So far so good.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One suggestion on the garage door opener for you… Check into the MyQ smart garage opener if you are interested. It’s a very cheap (<$30) way to add app/voice control to open your garage door hands free if you’d like to ditch the old school opener. It works with nearly any existing opener and is super easy to install yourself. I’ve already done so in preparation for mine!
I've got a MyQ and I love it for phone-managed access, open/close from anywhere, Amazon Key (in garage delivery) support, etc. I recommend pairing it with a garage cam and/or some level of security for the garage/house door.

Until I paired it with the Bronco's integrated garage door opener, the only caveat is sometimes when I just wanted the garage door to open, it would be busy switching the phone from LTE to WiFi or the MyQ login took awhile, so I'd be sitting in front of the garage door twiddling my thumbs waiting.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got this same message today for the first time on my 22’ Wildtrak…just over 15 months old with 15,000 miles on it.

appointment this Friday with Ford to see what the ‘gremlin’ is

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got this same message today for the first time on my 22’ Wildtrak…just over 15 months old with 15,000 miles on it.

appointment this Friday with Ford to see what the ‘gremlin’ is
Interesting you would get it after so many miles. Do you have ForSCAN? If so see if you are getting the same error code that I had: BCM-B11D8080A

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have nothing aftermarket on it except tinted windows and heated rear seats..both done the first few days of ownership.

Ive been lucky so far without any issues

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have nothing aftermarket on it except tinted windows and heated rear seats..both done the first few days of ownership.

Ive been lucky so far without any issues
So it turns out the issue is a coolant control valve for the transmission fluid heater that is slowly dripping onto the battery control sensor. Okay to drive until the parts come in next week. There is an updated TSB on this issue as well. TSB 23-2196 was superseded by this current one 23-2368.

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it turns out the issue is a coolant control valve for the transmission fluid heater that is slowly dripping onto the battery control sensor. Okay to drive until the parts come in next week. There is an updated TSB on this issue as well. TSB 23-2196 was superseded by this current one 23-2368.
“Coolant control valve” for the “transmission fluid heater” and a “battery control sensor” ???? These Broncos are far too complicated for their own good, sheesh…🤞😇

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting...that is more consistent with something that would happen after 15k miles. Looks like an easy fix once they have the part. Here is the repair process they reference in the TSB
Sponsored

Attachments