First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha I saw that! But it looks like it’s actually a 4 door or a stretched 2 door. The wheel base is long!

EE1D8590-3425-46A3-9230-4A3150D80953.jpeg
The race truck is built on the 4 door platform.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You sound like the guy that would tell someone not to buy a GT500 and just by a ecoboost and swap everything out lol

Also from what I understand putting a crate motor in a new vehicle is quite the headache trying to get everything to work properly. At least from what I've read on Mustang6G. I know it can be done but have heard it gets quite difficult because of all the electronics and computers
ive heard there are 3-4 shops currently trying to stuff a coyote in a bronco. Nothing yet after 2+ Months.
Not only do you have to get it to fit, but then all the accessories, air conditioning, power steering, front axel, coolant and oil lines etc. and thats all before we even talk Electronics and ECUS.
Its not simple at all. Especially for the minimal torque gain.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The race truck is built on the 4 door platform.
You got proof, because there is a literature stating the race trucks are built on a 2-dr platform. If you're strictly going off visually, well the body it custom for the application, but again the platform, frame, axels, and dimensions are all 2-dr.

Testing of Bronco 4600 begins later this month, with the race trucks going on to run this year in ULTRA4 alongside factory-backed Bronco 4400 series race trucks also revealed this week at King of the Hammers in Johnson Valley, California.

Built on a 2021 Bronco two-door with Sasquatch™ Package, Bronco 4600 utilizes race-tested production 2.7-liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V6, SelectShift® 10-speed automatic and second-generation T-6 chassis. It serves as a test bed for a growing list of Ford Licensed Accessories and Ford Performance parts alongside the independent performance aftermarket.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...21/02/01/ford-reveals-bronco-ultra4-4400.html

The Ford Bronco is back! Well, almost, and only kind of, but hey, look at it! It looks very Bronco-like. Meet the Ford Bronco R race truck, built to run the 2019 Baja 1000. Yes, it's a two-door. Yes, it previews the production 2021 Ford Bronco's look and feel, although the designer called it a "hint" at the regular Bronco's design during the unveiling.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-r-baja-1000-race-truck-photos-specs/

Thanks for the option I guess, but they are two doors. Cheers.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You wouldn't start with a 2.7 or Sasquatch, because you are throwing it all away for race spec parts anyways. The Raptor has the same axles, so you keep that, but get a crate V8 engine for 7-10k and redo the entire suspension for 5-10k.

Sport modes are a Forscan software upgrade. Seats are an aftermarket leather upgrade for 2k.

Wheels are 1k, tires 2k.

A true base is 30k. A Raptor (pre-ADM) is 70k, after ADM is probably 100k+. That's a 70k delta to spend on parts and labor.

Sure, you can spec a 43k starting point, but why? That's 13k you could have already spent on things of your own choosing.

And no one is actually getting a 22 or 23 Raptor for MSRP.
I am getting my BRRRRRAPTOR for MSRP…🤓

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am getting my BRRRRRAPTOR for MSRP…🤓
Right up until the dealership adds an ADM when it is finally delivered. We've seen that over and over on this forum.

I hope you do, I really do. But there are many many counter examples.

Sponsored

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Right up until the dealership adds an ADM when it is finally delivered. We've seen that over and over on this forum.

I hope you do, I really do. But there are many many counter examples.
i know. There are plenty of people who do get screwed. Luckily I’m with a dealer I’ve done buisness before with and purchased my previous Raptors through. I will be posting my experience and a walkthrough when I get it!

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just can’t get behind the Raptor fender flares. I really like the round 6G flares…which is kinda surprising since I really liked the squared-off fenders on the 66-77 EBs (even the aftermarket cut ones). But the Raptor ones are no bueno to my eyes.

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Raptor Rendered 5D3139D8-3DFB-42C0-9788-ABC4280F7833

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
“Broncowagon” … I love that.
Thank you. Pass it along. We're creating a beloved nickname, not unlike the VW Bug, Pontiac Goat, Toyota Mister Two, or Volvo Flying Brick. Remember, you saw it here first!

BroncoWagon is not "station wagon", it's G-Wagon, covered wagon, wagon train (think horses).

2-door and 4-door is just a lame model designation. Shame on you Ford. BroncoWagon sounds cool as fuck

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Raptor Rendered Bronco range 3

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I still think the Sport should’ve been called the “Colt”. That woulda been cute.
I agree, but Dodge might not. Bronco III at least continues the heritage of being a smaller version of the Bronco. What the hell is a "sport".

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You got proof, because there is a literature stating the race trucks are built on a 2-dr platform. If you're strictly going off visually, well the body it custom for the application, but again the platform, frame, axels, and dimensions are all 2-dr.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...21/02/01/ford-reveals-bronco-ultra4-4400.html

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-r-baja-1000-race-truck-photos-specs/

Thanks for the option I guess, but they are two doors. Cheers.
ill have to find the walk around video when it came out. But a quick measurement.
wheels are 40” measured 19 units long so 2.1:1 scale.
whee base is 58 units x 2.1 is 122” definitely 4door
The frame is factory stock
Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Raptor Rendered 1BDFA9AA-51FA-4702-AC8C-7D248C72B541

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Raptor Rendered 5D539740-ADF1-4458-8055-C8A287F92BE1

this is the Bronco R baja truck not KOH

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ill have to find the walk around video when it came out. But a quick measurement.
wheels are 40” measured 19 units long so 2.1:1 scale.
whee base is 58 units x 2.1 is 122” definitely 4door
The frame is factory stock

this is the Bronco R baja truck not KOH

LMFAO, ok boss. make sure you tell ford and reviewers they were wrong on the literature they put out.

AJP007

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone keeps referencing the Baja R as a 2 door, but I haven’t heard anyone say ANYTHING about the Bronco DR..? Which is clearly closer to being a 2 Door version of the Bronco Raptor WITH a Coyote! I’d settle for a street legal DR with the stock BRaptor 3.0! If they can and ARE making the the DR, (but for $200,000+) WHY can’t they use the same blueprint but make it for the street?!
Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Raptor Rendered 90619254-D76F-409F-989D-E4DE9790C284

https://www.ford.com/bronco/bronco-dr/#

Another question I have is would reinforcing the frame make a Badlands Sasquatch able to tow the Raptor’s 4500 lbs?

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
LMFAO, ok boss. make sure you tell ford and reviewers they were wrong on the literature they put out.
Again.
were taking about the Bronco R “baja 1000” truck.
Not the Bronco 4400 king of hammers.
The KOH truck is completely custom. Not a single stock part.
Sponsored