DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had backseat passengers besides my dogs in the last 10 years and I have a Camry for that. My STi is 10 years old and I dont think anyone has ever sat in the back lol. Just wife and 2 dogs and too many cars so don’t need 4 doors. If it were my only car/ daily driver I would probably get a 4 door to be safe even though I likely still wouldn’t have backseat passengers :)
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had backseat passengers besides my dogs in the last 10 years and I have a Camry for that. My STi is 10 years old and I dont think anyone has ever sat in the back lol. Just wife and 2 dogs and too many cars so don’t need 4 doors. If it were my only car/ daily driver I would probably get a 4 door to be safe even though I likely still wouldn’t have backseat passengers :)
All too often, myself included, buyers target the 1% use case for their needs. For years, I've had 4-dr SUVs where the backseat was never used except sparingly. I always planned for the "just in case" instead of focusing on what suits my needs 99% of the time. My current ride I have had for 17 years and I can count on one hand how often it carried passengers. The seats/carpet still look brand-new 17 years later. Prior to that, I had a 4-dr Limited Explorer and the leather was brand-new when I traded it in as no one ever rode in the back. I'm tired of accommodating the 1% use case. I intend to rear-seat delete on my 2-dr. If people want to go where I'm going, they can get an Uber.

OP
OP
MyFirstBronco01

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With just a dog? I'd go 2 door. Easier to keep clean and the lack of the rear seat door openings minimizes your dog falling out of the vehicle at 80 on the highway!
My dogs a quiet girl. She doesnt really try to jump out of my truck with the windows down haha. But cleaning it would be way easier, and I clean my vehicles couple times a month

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dogs a quiet girl. She doesnt really try to jump out of my truck with the windows down haha. But cleaning it would be way easier, and I clean my vehicles couple times a month
But you dont take your doors off of your truck now do you?! Lol not worried about sitting at a stop light with your dog in the back and seeing another dog in a car, or a cat, or a squirrel and her leaping out to run after it in the middle of a 4 way stop? That would scare the buh-Jesus out of me! Lol

Absolutely for cleaning! In the SEMA show they said you should be able to "spray down everything" from dash to floor in the BD and BL. I would like to see this tested first of course! Im worried about some of the options from lux package that are on top of the dash. Usb, and speakers mainly.

OP
OP
MyFirstBronco01

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But you dont take your doors off of your truck now do you?! Lol not worried about sitting at a stop light with your dog in the back and seeing another dog in a car, or a cat, or a squirrel and her leaping out to run after it in the middle of a 4 way stop? That would scare the buh-Jesus out of me! Lol

Absolutely for cleaning! In the SEMA show they said you should be able to "spray down everything" from dash to floor in the BD and BL. I would like to see this tested first of course! Im worried about some of the options from lux package that are on top of the dash. Usb, and speakers mainly.
For the doors part I would get a seatbelt harness leash or heavy duty carabiner with paracord to one of the tie down points if possible lol its not highly recommended with the 2nd option but its better than nothing. That would be only if I took the doors off. Every other situation would be her freely roaming the cabin haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
MyFirstBronco01

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also one of my biggest questions is getting the 7spd.... how hard is the clutch on it? If its anything like the jeep, then i'll stick with auto, cuz 4'10 doesnt work well with clutches lol

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the difference in total length between the 2-door and 4-door really only 15 inches? I did a search and that seems to be the most updated numbers I could find. That's really not much. I think the JLs differ by just shy of 2 feet.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the difference in total length between the 2-door and 4-door really only 15 inches? I did a search and that seems to be the most updated numbers I could find. That's really not much. I think the JLs differ by just shy of 2 feet.
The difference is that the 2-dr Bronco has longer doors and a roomier front cabin. Whereas on the 4-dr, the front cabin shrinks and the cargo area gains the difference. The 2-dr/4-dr Bronco are very close in size, it is just the proportion. I'll try and find a picture of a 2-dr posted just the other day. It really emphasizes the driver's cabin on the 2-dr.

Roomy 2-dr Post

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Emphasizes the driver’s cabin”...I like the sound of that.
I prefer the look of the 2door. My two large sons are leaving home soon, AND they own their own vehicles. Add to the fact I won’t have a Bronco for at least another year, I’m pretty sure the 2door is a good choice for me.

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go check out a 2DR wrangler and see if the space fits your needs. It's the only thing comparable and a bunch of strangers on the internet can't answer this question for you.
This is a great point, the 2 door wrangler is the best comparison you cant look at a truck and get an accurate impression since they are nothing alike

OP
OP
MyFirstBronco01

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I might just do the 2 door. It'll be enough for me for a good long while. I've never needed a lot, and a trailer is always an option if the need arises. I'm ready for that 2 door life again

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only other frequent passenger I take is my dog lol. I've taken quite a few trips for hiking and the truck is a PITA to park anywhere, but I signed up for it haha.
2 door then, you save $$$, get to park a bit easier and because it seems more authentic

OP
OP
MyFirstBronco01

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 door then, you save $$$, get to park a bit easier and because it seems more authentic
I like the "bulldog" stance the 2 door has too. I've always thought of the cars and truck I have as sort of a companion.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the "bulldog" stance the 2 door has too. I've always thought of the cars and truck I have as sort of a companion.
Ya know what, not gonna unsee it now, and thats fine with me, so ty
Sponsored