First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am also getting a VB 2 door, someday. Every time I think I am ok with stock wheels a thread like this comes along. I think the SAS wheels might be getting traded in for these bad boys. Looks great!
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have any concern putting 35” tires on a 7.5” wide rim? Looks like 8” is the recommended minimum for a 35x16 and 8.5” is preferred.
If I were wheeling it, I'd advise against it.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was there any concern by the tire shop that you were putting the Nitto 35" tires on a rim that was only 7.5" wide. I looked up the Nitto tires and their chart for 315 75 R16 has a recommended minimum rim width of 8".

I really like the look on your Bronco. It got me to looking up the wheels and tires hence the question.

Did you have any concern putting 35” tires on a 7.5” wide rim? Looks like 8” is the recommended minimum for a 35x16 and 8.5” is preferred.

No concern. It's not a perfect square setup has a little over lap on the sidewall to wheel. Less than 5mm.

OP
OP
Bellebracht

Bellebracht

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Ford Focus RS, 2 door first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No concern. It's not a perfect square setup has a little over lap on the sidewall to wheel. Less than 5mm.
I agree. It’s not uncommon to run this size tire on a narrower rim like this, Jeep/Toyota owners do this all the time putting wider tires on stock wheels. In theory it can actually help retain the bead a bit more when running lower tire pressure off road as well. It’s not bad/risky to wheel this type of set up

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've puts 10s of thousands of Rock Crawling miles on 16x8" wide rims with both 35x12.5" and 37x12.5" tires.
As mentioned above, it actually helps to keep the tire on the bead.

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys! I just had panda motorworks install a set of 16” fifteen52 wheels and 35” Mickey Thompson MTR’s as well as swapped sas flares for non sas flares. I actually bought these wheels a year ago for my FJ40 but I never installed them. We weren’t 100% sure if the 16” version would fit, but they work great, no rubbing anywhere. Sorry for the low quality pics, I only had my iPhone with me this morning. I’m picking up the matching spare next week.

06260FB8-6F84-4ABF-B5BE-8E6A9DDAD203.jpeg
E74A9929-9814-4728-B4B6-D655A8EF893F.jpeg
7C4D4E6C-CD5A-4052-98AA-857B817C8229.jpeg
Personally, I love it. My brother the gearhead [sorry, stopped calling him out by his proper name a long time ago] wonders why you want so much sidewall. But then, while he was a motocross champion [bicycles] he is mostly a road rasher.

Again, to me, bad to the bone. I kept my 16" steelies on my base, and resisted my impulse to put 285/70 r16s on it and settled for 265/70 r16s for a 31.46" wheel. Looks like you are pulling it off on a 7"rim, so I must question myselves for an answer.

Still, bad to the bone.

Bradava1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey I know that Bronco! Looks good man! I hope you get to drive it soon. I was losing sleep over my order ever since seeing your First Edition. First 2 door sasquatch I’d seen in real life. I always thought the 33’s would be enough for my 2 door Badlands order. And they probably are. So I added Sasquatch. That stance just looked too good. Now if I can just get a build date for my day 1 reservation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bellebracht

Bellebracht

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Ford Focus RS, 2 door first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey I know that Bronco! Looks good man! I hope you get to drive it soon. I was losing sleep over my order ever since seeing your First Edition. First 2 door sasquatch I’d seen in real life. I always thought the 33’s would be enough for my 2 door Badlands order. And they probably are. So I added Sasquatch. That stance just looked too good. Now if I can just get a build date for my day 1 reservation.
Thanks man, I hope I can as well! Hopefully yours will come soon

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Show your brother this picture. This is why
Ford Bronco 2 door FE: 16” fifteen52 analog wheels, 35's, swapped non-sasquatch fender flares 1635704274357
Got it.

I wanted to go with 33s on my base steelies, but didn't trust the tires on the 7" wheels. Dang it! Your 35s look more than fine. When I burn these up, I will get me some new wheels and some 35s. Waiting on suspension lifts though as I don't trust the spacer type lifts.

I'm just a trail runner, so not deflating much. Will have a compressor on board though. Saw a trick setup where the genius model put his compressor under the Bronc and ran a hose bib on the rear bumper. P'sweet.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

just looked and this size isn't available in white :(
Just take them to get power coated. I bet they would look sick in black with a white powder coated face.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I love it. My brother the gearhead [sorry, stopped calling him out by his proper name a long time ago] wonders why you want so much sidewall.
Even if you don't wheel, you want as much sidewall as possible. Tire sidewall is part of the vehicle's suspension. Vehicles ride better when sidewall is increased.

There are only two functional reasons you'd want a large diameter wheel with low aspect ratio sidewalls:

1) Large wheels are needed to clear your large brake setup.
2) Responsiveness in a road racing/ track/ autocross application.

The sole reason that huge wheels and rubber band tires have become the norm these days, can be traced back to late 90s/ early 2000s rap videos.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even if you don't wheel, you want as much sidewall as possible. Tire sidewall is part of the vehicle's suspension. Vehicles ride better when sidewall is increased.

There are only two functional reasons you'd want a large diameter wheel with low aspect ratio sidewalls:

1) Large wheels are needed to clear your large brake setup.
2) Responsiveness in a road racing/ track/ autocross application.

The sole reason that huge wheels and rubber band tires have become the norm these days, can be traced back to late 90s/ early 2000s rap videos.
There, you just hit my brother the gearhead right on the gearhead. He can rear steer in ways I cannot even imagine.

I have 265s with a 70 ratio for the reasons you mention. I will admit that I had a 2011 Silverado with. 20" rims and 55 ratio and it was extremely tight on the road. It handled so well, I really never noticed how rough the ride was as the Chevy suspension is taken from the Corvette. Totally fantastic, it leans in on curves. I would never drive an F-150, but this is Bronco #4 for me and I don't see driving anything else, ever.

ecracing

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2014 AMG G63, 1972 Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys! I just had panda motorworks install a set of 16” fifteen52 wheels and 35” Mickey Thompson MTR’s as well as swapped sas flares for non sas flares. I actually bought these wheels a year ago for my FJ40 but I never installed them. We weren’t 100% sure if the 16” version would fit, but they work great, no rubbing anywhere. Sorry for the low quality pics, I only had my iPhone with me this morning. I’m picking up the matching spare next week.

Ford Bronco 2 door FE: 16” fifteen52 analog wheels, 35's, swapped non-sasquatch fender flares 1635704274357
Amazing. Did you have to remove crash bars, or were they already gone because of the factory SAS?
Sponsored