Sponsored

2-Door Hardtop Holder - one that I can drive under?

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All,

Does anyone sell a hardtop holder that I can drive under to fit in my garage? Something like this LINK but not a hoist. I can get the top off, but I have nowhere to put it. I would like to park underneath the top if possible. Also, not one that I have to install on the ceiling of my garage.

Thank you.
Sponsored

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be getting the 2-door version when available. I have taken my 2-door top on and off alone, and it was pretty much a death wish.

They said 1-2 months.

Is your garage too short for that one to work/store?

Last edited:
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be getting the 2-door version is available. I have taken my 2-door top on and off alone, and it was pretty much a death wish.

They said 1-2 months.

Is your garage too short for that one to work/store?
I think that one will work, but I was hoping to get one sooner and cheaper. I just want a holder that I can drive under. Me and my friend can get the top off and up on the holder. I guess the 4-door version could hold the 2-door top, but maybe not since it’s 80lbs.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive got the toplift pro and love it. Had it from my previous jeep. I have a 2dr bronco and was able to maneuver it to work but I ordered a replacement top section to work on the 2dr. I also have a small single car garage. I have 2 motorcycles, an engine on a stand, and 3 sets of wheels and tires in there so no room to park but the tlp fits. I leave the top stored on it while its off never had an issue.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive got the toplift pro and love it. Had it from my previous jeep. I have a 2dr bronco and was able to maneuver it to work but I ordered a replacement top section to work on the 2dr. I also have a small single car garage. I have 2 motorcycles, an engine on a stand, and 3 sets of wheels and tires in there so no room to park but the tlp fits. I leave the top stored on it while its off never had an issue.
So, the Jeep version will hold the 2-door back piece?

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, the Jeep version will hold the 2-door back piece?
The jeep version is the same as the 4dr bronco version. The difference is clearance from the rear cross bar to back of the top. What I had to do was lift the top from the back edge at the top of the window (glass open of course) and slide back about 10" then set it down on the body and slide the lift further in. From there I could lift it with no problem. It comes with arms that attach to extend forward to support from teetering.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The jeep version is the same as the 4dr bronco version. The difference is clearance from the rear cross bar to back of the top. What I had to do was lift the top from the back edge at the top of the window (glass open of course) and slide back about 10" then set it down on the body and slide the lift further in. From there I could lift it with no problem. It comes with arms that attach to extend forward to support from teetering.
Thank you.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been wayyyyy out of pocket with my crazy ideas lately, but even this is seemingly cheaper than a lot of existing options?

Ford Bronco 2-Door Hardtop Holder - one that I can drive under? 1684882980700

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been wayyyyy out of pocket with my crazy ideas lately, but even this is seemingly cheaper than a lot of existing options?

Ford Bronco 2-Door Hardtop Holder - one that I can drive under? 1684882980700
It could work though.

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well... if you want the cheap way (and can figure out the actual piece for the hardtop)... you might want to consider a Harbor Freight lift. Cheap enough, and one of the guys who bought the 880 lb version talked about using it to lift off his 2014 JL top.

Harbor_Freight.Lift.jpg

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well... if you want the cheap way (and can figure out the actual piece for the hardtop)... you might want to consider a Harbor Freight lift. Cheap enough, and one of the guys who bought the 880 lb version talked about using it to lift off his 2014 JL top.

Ford Bronco 2-Door Hardtop Holder - one that I can drive under? Harbor_Freight.Lift
I’ll look into this.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2-Door Hardtop Holder - one that I can drive under? Harbor_Freight.Lift
I have the 880 as well, and plan on building mine out as soon as my Braptor shows up.

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another one to consider, is the RollNJack. They are also working on one for the two-door due to placement of the roll bar. I guess we'll have to see who has it first.

20230425_180941.jpg
Sponsored