FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just checking if this is normal. I've looked at 4 door hard tops and the character line and over/underflush conditions are better. Character lines on the 4 door hard tops seem to be better like line to line.

Anybody else seeing really overflush conditions with their 2 door hard tops like mine? Had leak issues and the dealer recently replaced the seals, but the overflush condition still remains. Below are images of the condition I'm talking about.

Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC hard top fit and finish 2DoorTolerancesComparison-small copy
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2dr panels are offset exactly like that. I was maybe going to see if there's any adjustability but I'm not sure if bothers me enough at this time.

Ken Davis

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just checking if this is normal. I've looked at 4 door hard tops and the character line and over/underflush conditions are better. Character lines on the 4 door hard tops seem to be better like line to line.

Anybody else seeing really overflush conditions with their 2 door hard tops like mine? Had leak issues and the dealer recently replaced the seals, but the overflush condition still remains. Below are images of the condition I'm talking about.

Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC hard top fit and finish 2DoorTolerancesComparison-small copy
I'll let you know sometime in the way future when ford ever decides to build mine

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine are similar, but no leaks so I'm ok with it.

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine look just like that also on my 2 door first edition and so are my mother in laws. That’s how it is supposed to be.

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats how my 2 door top is as well.

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

It may be that they all look like this, seeing what others have posted, but it's no excuse for aesthetically bad design and engineering from Ford.

OP
OP
FordBB

FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the feedback all. Just for reference this doesn't seem to be an issue with the 4 door and what I would expect for fit and finish. Here's an image of a 4 door hard top. The minor overflush condition here is good. It's better to be overflush here slightly for aero and any potential whistling by an underflush condition. Character line is nearly line to line. So this is good for the 4 door owners.

Who knows why this is happening only on the 2 doors. I wonder if in the replacement tops there was a change in sheet metal or a modification that may have been needed to accommodate the 2 door builds and somehow seals were a stop gap for the fix. This is less of a design/styling issue, but more of an engineering fit and finish issue that should have been caught on the first 200 pilot builds, but with the top delamination issues perhaps this was a miss with the new tops or considered acceptable.

Would be good to know from Ford what we should be expecting here. I have submitted these images to Ford for feedback on next steps.

Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC hard top fit and finish BadlandsSideViewDetail-small

OP
OP
FordBB

FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also there seems to be a weird curl at the centerline in comparison here's the 4 door and 2 door from the front.

Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC hard top fit and finish FrontViewComparison-small

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

2DoorTolerancesComparison-small copy.jpg
That's NOT how the 2-door hardtop I saw at a dealership looked (see photo I took below). The front and rear section was matching and level, not raised. I would not be happy with that large of a height difference, something seems off.

Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC hard top fit and finish 1643920792417

Deleted member 32220

They have had plenty of time to address this. It’s been like that from the beginning. It’s eye level for the whole world to see. I know everyone is just excited to get there bronco, they could care less the quality of it. I was a 10/30/2020 res. With a 2/21/2022 build week coming up. If mine comes in like that. I’m just going to walk, let them sell it to a stranger with a nice adm on there. The blue 2 dr. above is what is expected.

OP
OP
FordBB

FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's NOT how the 2-door hardtop I saw at a dealership looked (see photo I took below). The front and rear section was matching and level, not raised. I would not be happy with that large of a height difference, something seems off.

Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC hard top fit and finish 1643920792417
Awesome! Thank you for this. It simply confirms design intent done right.

There have been so many issues with my build. I feel like they just let this one go on a Friday. Everything from misaligned hood, dent in the hood, trim piece and screw rolling around in the trunk, paint defects on the door and rocker, I even found an employees wallet under the passenger seat, along with the leaking top and weird offsets in the top.

Again, thank you for this picture.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've always assumed it was a design element to have it sit higher but looking at it closer I do see it doesn't really line up at the "bend" down below. It doesn't leak and I expect to get a replacement rear shell at some point so I'm not going to fret but I would be interested in what allows the one shown above to sit flush. 🤔
Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC hard top fit and finish PXL_20220205_012258616

OP
OP
FordBB

FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've always assumed it was a design element to have it sit higher but looking at it closer I do see it doesn't really line up at the "bend" down below. It doesn't leak and I expect to get a replacement rear shell at some point so I'm not going to fret but I would be interested in what allows the one shown above to sit flush. 🤔

I have a feeling like mine the seals are too proud or installed in a way that pushes everything out. I've only taken the front tops off a couple times. Haven't taken the rear top off to investigate yet.
Sponsored