Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Usable room would be the key metric; unless your dog crates & coolers & boxes have a 4" step, Bronco's two-door design is not friendly. PLENTY of space - but compromised

If FORD thought they had a winner in the 2-door rear, we'd be seeing a zillion pictures of it...and a dozen you tube videos as well. However, they seem to be hiding it
Even if Ford doesn’t offer the tray to bridge the step, someone will. It will be an extremely easy fix to a “problem” that 95% of buyers won’t have.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
we are not asking for the same space as a 4 door.

we are asking for the same storage solution as the 4 door (a flat surface)
There's a fuel tank under there someplace. Perhaps, that has something to do with floor height?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I'm takin' 'bout !!!!

check out these two pics and tell me that thing ain't removeable.

1596319382205.png

1596319398275.png

Nothing inside the first one..... but the second ? not removeable ?????

looks to me like they "bolted" a lot of stuff in there.
One is a 2-door and the other is a 4-door.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It does seem odd that Ford would leave this feature out. The 2DR. Bronco seats are designed differently than Jeep - with each seat being separate - so I can see how it may take a little more design ingenuity, but could have been done IMO.

My JK Wrangler's backseat was one whole piece and very easy to take out. It's pretty much just made to come out, if needed.

They focused on making all the other stuff easier to do (talking off doors, top ect..) and just forgot or didn't care about the backseat removal of the 2DR.

Having said that, I hope it's easier to get into the back seats in the Bronco than the 2dr. Wrangler. That's one of the reasons I actually removed my Wranglers's backseat. it was such a PITA to climb back there to clean up or retrieve larger stuff that I couldn't quite fit in the cargo area, that it was just easier to have the back seats out.

It would be nice to be able to take them out, but not that big of a deal to me.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd think a full delete in the aftermarket likely would not be reversible. I bet that anyone considering that plans to hold the vehicle for 10+ years...And then what happens you can't trade it into Ford when they come out with the newer broncos?
Why wouldn't seat removal be reversible? I am sure we just talking about removing a handful of bolts. I doubt they welded them to the floor.
I mean a full delete, to make a totally flat area. You'd probably need them to remove the crater area and/or weld something in place to level everything
Goose gear will come up with something slick that makes it 100% reversible (if so desired).

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It does seem odd that Ford would leave this feature out. The 2DR. Bronco seats are designed differently than Jeep - with each seat being separate - so I can see how it may take a little more design ingenuity, but could have been done IMO.

My JK Wrangler's backseat was one whole piece and very easy to take out. It's pretty much just made to come out, if needed.

They focused on making all the other stuff easier to do (talking off doors, top ect..) and just forgot or didn't care about the backseat removal of the 2DR.

Having said that, I hope it's easier to get into the back seats in the Bronco than the 2dr. Wrangler. That's one of the reasons I actually removed my Wranglers's backseat. it was such a PITA to climb back there to clean up or retrieve larger stuff that I couldn't quite fit in the cargo area, that it was just easier to have the back seats out.

It would be nice to be able to take them out, but not that big of a deal to me.
2 door wrangler doors are just under 36” long, the 2-door Bronco doors are 48” long. That’s a lot of access comparatively.

070C9E0A-DC8D-405C-9448-77C6F5D73027.jpeg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Usable room would be the key metric; unless your dog crates & coolers & boxes have a 4" step, Bronco's two-door design is not friendly. PLENTY of space - but compromised

If FORD thought they had a winner in the 2-door rear, we'd be seeing a zillion pictures of it...and a dozen you tube videos as well. However, they seem to be hiding it

1. well put.

2. That's because every time we see a video of something lately it is out doing some thing and not parked and open to let people investigate. Look but don't touch or better yet look and I'll show you how it works kinda' thing.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. well put.

2. That's because every time we see a video of something lately it is out doing some thing and not parked and open to let people investigate. Look but don't touch or better yet look and I'll show you how it works kinda' thing.
I've heard on at least one video on the 2 door to not focus on the interior because it isn't the finished product. That was also posted in a thread some time ago.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Ford engineers I spoke with shared that they aren’t supposed to let anyone take pictures or go hands-on with anything since they are pre-production. Obviously they’re engaging with some people but there’s a reason the true test mules aren’t being used to demonstrate fit and finish. I have a feeling there will be an abundance of video and photos released soon.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One is a 2-door and the other is a 4-door.
UUMMM.. zoom in and look closely at the 2DR and tell me if it looks like there is anything inside of it??? The 4DR has some interior in it.

This was my point here. Not that the seats are the same.

If I magically had a pic of a 2DR with the interior partially installed then I would have used it.

Sponsored

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I missing something? They had to be installed at some point, therefore they can be removed. It might not look like it came from the factory as if they never existed but I’m 100% they can be removed. Such a small minorty of buyers will remove them for whatever reason, it would be stupid for ford to make a specific option to delete the the rear seats as an option And a waste of money on the engineering end. and if they did offer the option, 90% of the people on the build and price would ask themselves “why would I delete the rear seats?” in the bigger perspective, it’s a small fraction of us who would even do it. I can remove every seat out of my expedition and have to replace some carpet. I’m sure those are considered “not removable”. Some people here and starting to sound like Veruca Salt form Charlie and the chocolate factory. Lol

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I missing something? They had to be installed at some point, therefore they can be removed. It might not look like it came from the factory as if they never existed but I’m 100% they can be removed. Such a small minorty of buyers will remove them for whatever reason, it would be stupid for ford to make a specific option to delete the the rear seats as an option And a waste of money on the engineering end. and if they did offer the option, 90% of the people on the build and price would ask themselves “why would I delete the rear seats?” in the bigger perspective, it’s a small fraction of us who would even do it. I can remove every seat out of my expedition and have to replace some carpet. I’m sure those are considered “not removable”. Some people here and starting to sound like Veruca Salt form Charlie and the chocolate factory. Lol
who is asking for a ford option to delete the seats?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UUMMM.. zoom in and look closely at the 2DR and tell me if it looks like there is anything inside of it??? The 4DR has some interior in it.

This was my point here. Not that the seats are the same.

If I magically had a pic of a 2DR with the interior partially installed then I would have used it.
I'm not in agreement. Those are mock-ups, pre-builds, training, or assembly stages. Each point has a different stage of a build/assembly. It doesn't look like a staged photo, but a training/experimental or quality check. The 2-door looks like a coatings check for the paint stage of the build.