Sponsored

2 Door Soft Top Design Different Than 4 Door?

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like the 2 door door soft top does not have the side lifting brackets like the 4 door. This could be a very cool design. Coming from using the Jeep soft tops, one issue with the Bronco 4 door soft top is when the top is all the way folded down it is hard to see over it when looking thru the rear view mirror. Plus it a bunch of stuff hanging on the back of the truck.

The 2 door design means it will look a lot cleaner when the top is down. And very easy to just take the side windows and rear window off for a 'safari' top.

Looks like a creative design using the top frame and explains why a fast back.

See the pics to see what I mean:

Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Design Different Than 4 Door? Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 5.46.16 PM

Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Design Different Than 4 Door? 2021 Bronco Fastback Top 2-Door Carbonized Gray Big Bend 3
Ford Bronco 2 Door Soft Top Design Different Than 4 Door? 2021 Bronco Fastback Top Interior 1
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice catch. Hadn't noticed that.

OP
OP
BD1

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is most likely the same design for the 4 door fast back soft top we have also seen.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For reference:

4-door factory soft top is made by Webasto and is option-able from the factory.

2-door fastback soft top and 4-door fastback soft top are both made by Bestop, and were originally announced as available as an accessory only.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BD1

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Bestop it could be similar to this:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both tops seem to have advantages and disadvantages. The Jeep top that is on the JL moves and slides really nice but it takes some time to remove. If I remember correctly you have to take off the top and then some rail slides from the doors and track pieces to put your hard top back on. Its also a pain to load stuff like groceries in the back because you have to pull out the sides of the rear window and then unhook the main bar to get it out of the way....then roll it up. The Bestop is nice and taught around the windows and looks sharp. The cost is high to me at $2300.

The Webasto comes off as fast as you can take off those 3 bolts on each side. Swapping from soft to hard top in minutes. The Webasto also lifts up in the back very easily and quickly to allow loading items in the back at the expense of the rear windows not being taught and rippled. It's also only $600 add on if you are getting the Mod top.

We haven't seen the full workings of the Bestop so a lot of this is speculation. So unless Bestop makes a video and shows the workings of its soft top an ease of use, Wabasto is getting my money and I will deal with the small ripples in the rear windows. I also speculate this is one of the problems Webasto and Ford have been working to fix. Not one of us has sat in the drivers seat to know if or how bad the Webasto top obscures the rear view.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BD1

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, if this the bestop version for the Bronco is the same design. I will just stick with hard top and a Bimini top for the summer.

I plan to get a top lift pro lift for quick removal and storage of the hard top.
Sponsored