6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone who has driven both, do you have thoughts on driving experience between the 2? I have a 4 door but now wife is considering a 2 door. Just wanting some real world experience of one vs the other.
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who has driven both, do you have thoughts on driving experience between the 2? I have a 4 door but now wife is considering a 2 door. Just wanting some real world experience of one vs the other.
I drove both at the Off Rodeo in Austin. 4-Door first day, 2-Door second day. We were washed out from record setting heavy rain so we didn't get to do the regular day two stuff and ended up retracing 80% of the day one stuff. So, I got a really good comparison under my belt as far as off-roading goes.

The longer wheelbase in the 4-Door meant less jostling front to back over some of the steeper obstacles but we got more lateral jostling because of touches being in different spots.

As far as tackling obstacles, there's some inclined steppes through the course and the smaller wheelbase on the 2-Door made them feel more extreme because the front end pointed up sooner and for a longer period of time.

Down the river and creek the 2-Door was more nimble through some of the tighter turns. It was especially advantageous in avoiding some of the boulders and trees that protruded along the path. Made a few stretches on day two far easier to navigate than the 4-Door on day one.

On the bigger obstacles, the 4-Door really outshines the 2-Door. The extra wheelbase lets you get radial leverage sooner and helps to pull the rear tires into place. It felt like I had to hit the larger obstacles a little harder in the 2-Door to cover the same ground.

I ordered a 2-Door before I drove the 4-Door. They both have their pros and cons. I'm not unhappy with my choice, at all. Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, for off-roading, there's no wrong choice. You just have to plan your lines a little differently.

I've also test drove a few of both on highways around my area. Couldn't tell a remarkable difference between the two. The 4-Doors all seemed a bit louder to me, though. Maybe the larger cabin allows for more echo.

OP
OP

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I drove both at the Off Rodeo in Austin. 4-Door first day, 2-Door second day. We were washed out from record setting heavy rain so we didn't get to do the regular day two stuff and ended up retracing 80% of the day one stuff. So, I got a really good comparison under my belt as far as off-roading goes.

The longer wheelbase in the 4-Door meant less jostling front to back over some of the steeper obstacles but we got more lateral jostling because of touches being in different spots.

As far as tackling obstacles, there's some inclined steppes through the course and the smaller wheelbase on the 2-Door made them feel more extreme because the front end pointed up sooner and for a longer period of time.

Down the river and creek the 2-Door was more nimble through some of the tighter turns. It was especially advantageous in avoiding some of the boulders and trees that protruded along the path. Made a few stretches on day two far easier to navigate than the 4-Door on day one.

On the bigger obstacles, the 4-Door really outshines the 2-Door. The extra wheelbase lets you get radial leverage sooner and helps to pull the rear tires into place. It felt like I had to hit the larger obstacles a little harder in the 2-Door to cover the same ground.

I ordered a 2-Door before I drove the 4-Door. They both have their pros and cons. I'm not unhappy with my choice, at all. Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, for off-roading, there's no wrong choice. You just have to plan your lines a little differently.

I've also test drove a few of both on highways around my area. Couldn't tell a remarkable difference between the two. The 4-Doors all seemed a bit louder to me, though. Maybe the larger cabin allows for more echo.
Excellent information. Thank you!

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve driven both off and on road. 4 door feels more “planted” and the 2 door definitely feels more nimble. The turning radius and parking abilities of the 2 door are awesome. At highway speeds, the 4 door feels more stable, like a traditional suv.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drove a 4 door big bend non SAS and a 2 door badlands non SAS on road only. The 2 door seems more nimble, not a huge difference but noticeable. Could be the difference in suspension. I’ll have a 4 door Sasquatch in a few weeks to compare.
Sponsored