Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Huh. I had hoped that this program was the easy way to customize just about anything you wanted to. But now I've got cold feet, thinking that this is like some of those windows files that you should never enter unless you have a degree in fixing broken things LOL
From my initial research, it seems to be a combination of Ford's new 2021 electrical architecture, coupled with certain kinds of adapters. I'll probably purchase a different, wired adapter and try that too before giving up and letting the forums solve this issue. If anyone else has seen this same problem, please let me know.
Sponsored

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From my initial research, it seems to be a combination of Ford's new 2021 electrical architecture, coupled with certain kinds of adapters. I'll probably purchase a different, wired adapter and try that too before giving up and letting the forums solve this issue. If anyone else has seen this same problem, please let me know.
Just a follow-up, I believe this is the right answer. Looking at the Tutorial doc from the F150 forums, I noticed this is the only adapter that's got a note for 2021 MY vehicles:
OBDLink EX USB Auto-Switch (recommended) U.S. Link Windows Driver Firmware Update - ** if you have a 2021+ F150 use this adapter **
So I've ordered it, and will give it a try tomorrow. Will report back results.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just a follow-up, I believe this is the right answer. Looking at the Tutorial doc from the F150 forums, I noticed this is the only adapter that's got a note for 2021 MY vehicles:

So I've ordered it, and will give it a try tomorrow. Will report back results.
Thanks Frank, I just ordered that ODB reader as well. Mine won't arrive until Tuesday so I will see if you get yours to work, if not I will return this one but if so then we are cooking with oil over here, thanks!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just need one of you who figures it out to travel around and take care of the rest of us LOL. Fronc is little too far away in California.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OK so I did some more digging because I loaded up the modules again today to do a restore, and it turns out they were already at the defaults. The modules aren't actually being written, and I'm not sure why. When I click on "Write" I get an output in the log that says "Service Procedure has been Interrupted."

I'm using the OBD MX II Bluetooth adapter and a windows laptop. It has no problem connecting or reading. I just can't seem to write the modules and not sure why.

I'll be googling for an answer, but if anyone has any ideas, please throw them my way!
Send your logs to the Forscan team. They may need to update it to work with the Bronco. This is very common with new model years and new vehicles. They can't update it without help of those who have physical access to an actual vehicle.

Sponsored

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Send your logs to the Forscan team. They may need to update it to work with the Bronco. This is very common with new model years and new vehicles. They can't update it without help of those who have physical access to an actual vehicle.
I can do that, but do you know how to export a more useful log than just that one line I posted above? That's all I see on screen.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can do that, but do you know how to export a more useful log than just that one line I posted above? That's all I see on screen.
For most Forscan functions (buttons on left side of window) there is a log tab up at the top and the disk icon at the bottom will save the log to disk.

Write or PM the developer over at the Forscan site and let them know what is going on. They will get back to you and tell you exactly what logs they need (and how to get to them) so that they can start support for the vehicle.

Reactions: 1IH

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Write or PM the developer over at the Forscan site and let them know what is going on. They will get back to you and tell you exactly what logs they need (and how to get to them) so that they can start support for the vehicle.
Got it - Just did that. Thanks!

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any luck here? My scanner arrives tonight but won't be able to dig into it for a day or so still.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good news! Got it working with the help of the ForScan team, using the Bluetooth OBD device. The trick is... You need to use their latest test software, found here:

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.42.test20210726.exe

They kindly ask to report any issues with it in the manner mentioned in the posts above. Please also note, they advised me to make changes in the normal module (not the AS BUILT version). Everything worked well when I tried it.

Sponsored

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good news! Got it working with the help of the ForScan team, using the Bluetooth OBD device. The trick is... You need to use their latest test software, found here:

They kindly ask to report any issues with it in the manner mentioned in the posts above. Please also note, they advised me to make changes in the normal module (not the AS BUILT version). Everything worked well when I tried it.
Oh damn, I got my USB Scanner today, do you think that option is dead in the water?

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Awesome!! What specifically did you change? Do you have any screenshots?

Is the new software for the Bronco or your adapter?

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh damn, I got my USB Scanner today, do you think that option is dead in the water?
I read faq, I see my wired model is preferred, I will dig in more over the next few days and try to turn off the DAMN Double Honk this weekend, I feel like Bam Margera’s Dad everytime I jump out to run into a store or pump gas with it running thanks!

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Awesome!! What specifically did you change? Do you have any screenshots?

Is the new software for the Bronco or your adapter?
I changed the double horn honk, driver seatbelt reminder chime, and auto start/stop.

It's new ForScan software that they say is updated for new vehicle models. I don't think it's specific to the adapter.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed the double horn honk, driver seatbelt reminder chime, and auto start/stop.

It's new ForScan software that they say is updated for new vehicle models. I don't think it's specific to the adapter.
Are these options toggled off and on from a menu from the BCM or are you experimenting with editing hex numbers? Based off F150 or Ranger spreadsheet, or...?
Been awhile since I used ForScan
Sponsored