Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something to consider when planning to finance a vehicle you buy out of state... you cannot roll the tax, title, and registration into the financed price. So, if you have a 6% sales tax, you’ll have to pay that out of pocket when you register your car after your 45 day temp tag expires. That could be $3,000 plus title and registration on a $50,000 vehicle.

Just wanted to share this thought with the group members who plan to buy out of state.
Why can't you roll it in the price.?

It is done all of the time at dealerships when financing vehicles out of state makes no difference as long as the customer knows the plate fee and sales tax rate in their state/locality.
Sponsored

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a bri
I’m guessing you’re not a dealer.
99% of us are not dealers.
Something to consider when planning to finance a vehicle you buy out of state... you cannot roll the tax, title, and registration into the financed price. So, if you have a 6% sales tax, you’ll have to pay that out of pocket when you register your car after your 45 day temp tag expires. That could be $3,000 plus title and registration on a $50,000 vehicle.

Just wanted to share this thought with the group members who plan to buy out of state.
You can roll tax, title, and registration in when you buy it in state?

Deleted member 2346

Bought a few cars out of state and the dealer cut the check for taxes to my local DMV and sent it to the location of my choice. Check Was waiting there for me to show up and finalize registration.

Deleted member 2346

Ummm... What is dealer hold back?
So on a wild track, MSRP is 51k, invoice is 49k, but that 49k has about 1500 in dealer hold back which is all the profit left for the dealer. Or you could say Ford pays the dealer $1500 for selling the unit. A/Z plan buyers benefit from removing that hold back, replaced by a smaller fee. Holdback changes with price but always used 3% as a good estimate.

so that dealer above that said they’d do $1000 below invoice will only make $500 on the deal (using my Wildtrack price example)

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

or 10.1% for me.. Like $6500 on a FE ugh

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe with all the time Doug (@Administrator) has... you know since his children @FirstOnRaceDay & @Nickp are here to pick up the slack. Maybe Doug can start sending out invites to Dealers across the country? How many could that really be? :rolleyes:
Ford operates around 3,000 Ford and Lincoln stores in the United States.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So on a wild track, MSRP is 51k, invoice is 49k, but that 49k has about 1500 in dealer hold back which is all the profit left for the dealer. Or you could say Ford pays the dealer $1500 for selling the unit. A/Z plan buyers benefit from removing that hold back, replaced by a smaller fee. Holdback changes with price but always used 3% as a good estimate.

so that dealer above that said they’d do $1000 below invoice will only make $500 on the deal (using my Wildtrack price example)
Ford's holdback is now only 2% or only $1k on a $50k vehicle.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those that are familiar with plan pricing must realize a PIN is required and know how to generate it. I've done this 10 times on my purchases.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well unless they tell us otherwise it is closer to 3% on all of the product we receive...BTW I work for a Dealership
Unless you pay the bills you don’t know what you’re speaking of. In the states holdback from Ford is 2%.

Ford's holdback is now 2%.

The holdback is for the dealer for holding costs on the interest they pay while the vehicle is in their possession.

The lowest possible price you can buy a new car for? $1.
The lowest possible price a dealer would sell you a new car for? Whatever makes sense to them.

This isn't a black/white game of total sums. There are some cars I'd sell on the first day and lose $1,000 on. There are some cars I wouldn't sell on the first day making $5,000.

Kinda a weak question without a lot of background information explaining further.

If you're shopping for a car, shop far and wide. I guarantee any competent dealer that you're dealing with will have the same data and should be able to justify their final price within the market. If they can't, buy somewhere else.

The 'best deal' on a new vehicle isn't based on how much you can negotiate, it's based on the rest of the market and what they're selling for. If you sit down and try to negotiate with me and I know the market will bear my price, we'll kindly shake hands and you'll be on your way.