First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd be surprised if more than 40-50% of initial reservations turn into orders.
That would still leave months of production before dealers got anything they could just slap a sticker on and put on sale. The US market for a dedicated 4x4 platform with removable doors and top is 200k vehicles a year. Ford probably only needs 20% of that market for the Bronco to be profitable. I think they may well exceed that given just how dated the Bronco makes the Wrangler look even before the complete outclassing in tech.

The Bronco will also bite Toyota. The 4Runner is dated as well. It supposedly has a loyal base but is it, or is some meaningful segment of it just people who want a capable 4x4 but look at the Wrangler and think meh... Those people are going to be looking hard at Bronco.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This must have been asked a 100 times over the past 2 days and it's still clear as mud. Even those that claim they're in the know can't seem to agree on this.
It is A/X/Z eligible. The Ford NA Product Communications Manager confirmed it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been following everyone's discussions about X-Plan pricing vs $1,000 Below Invoice savings. I put together a spreadsheet for myself to see what the different discounts would be. When I came back to the forum I saw the posts by Bronco Dealer, who a number of us long-time forum members have a great deal of respect for. Regardless of whatever rules Ford introduces when they come out with pricing these what-if examples let us have further discussions around the numbers.

One interesting point that is jumping out to me is when you consider the approximate difference of $950 between X-Plan discount at a local dealer vs $1,000 below Invoice discount is that this will get eaten up by shipping costs, depending on where you live.

1595006654443.png
I've updated my spreadsheet to include all models and additional information such as 2% Dealer Holdback, the spread between MSRP & Invoice along with Destination & Delivery costs.

It is posted at this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-pricing-spreadsheet.2319/

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That would still leave months of production before dealers got anything they could just slap a sticker on and put on sale. The US market for a dedicated 4x4 platform with removable doors and top is 200k vehicles a year. Ford probably only needs 20% of that market for the Bronco to be profitable. I think they may well exceed that given just how dated the Bronco makes the Wrangler look even before the complete outclassing in tech.

The Bronco will also bite Toyota. The 4Runner is dated as well. It supposedly has a loyal base but is it, or is some meaningful segment of it just people who want a capable 4x4 but look at the Wrangler and think meh... Those people are going to be looking hard at Bronco.
I couldn’t agree more, I think Bronco and Sport will take a big bite out of the market from Jeep, Toyota, and even Land Rover. I didn’t pay much attention to the Sport, but now that I checked it out I think that it’ll particularly compete with the 4 Runner and it has a Land Rover look. As far as capability goes, it appears at least in Badlands spec to be as capable as a 4 Runner in a modern package at $10,000+ less and likely substantially better MGP. My opinion is, the Bronco reminds me of the old Land Rover Defender and the Sport reminds me of the new Defender.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been following everyone's discussions about X-Plan pricing vs $1,000 Below Invoice savings. I put together a spreadsheet for myself to see what the different discounts would be. When I came back to the forum I saw the posts by Bronco Dealer, who a number of us long-time forum members have a great deal of respect for. Regardless of whatever rules Ford introduces when they come out with pricing these what-if examples let us have further discussions around the numbers.

One interesting point that is jumping out to me is when you consider the approximate difference of $950 between X-Plan discount at a local dealer vs $1,000 below Invoice discount is that this will get eaten up by shipping costs, depending on where you live.

1595006654443.png

1595006654443.png
The invoice is less for the black diamond than what is listed here or am I missing something? How did you calculate what is off $ wise for the x plan? Of it qualifies I will be using it hopefully.

Sponsored

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The invoice is less for the black diamond than what is listed here or am I missing something? How did you calculate what is off $ wise for the x plan? Of it qualifies I will be using it hopefully.
The Black Diamond 4-Door Invoice is $37,196 per the first post in this thread, the official Ford price release. Perhaps your thinking of the Black Diamond 2-Door which has and Invoice of $34,789.

The X-Plan discount is per Ford's Partner website example: Invoice * -0.4%.

For further questions please reply on the new thread, I've added all models to the updated spreadsheet there to avoid confusion.
2021 Bronco pricing spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Below Invoice and more)

Last edited:

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I couldn’t agree more, I think Bronco and Sport will take a big bite out of the market from Jeep, Toyota, and even Land Rover. I didn’t pay much attention to the Sport, but now that I checked it out I think that it’ll particularly compete with the 4 Runner and it has a Land Rover look. As far as capability goes, it appears at least in Badlands spec to be as capable as a 4 Runner in a modern package at $10,000+ less and likely substantially better MGP. My opinion is, the Bronco reminds me of the old Land Rover Defender and the Sport reminds me of the new Defender.
Agree 100% on all comments. As a gen 3 4 runner owner I never liked the gen 4 and 5.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One thing I would note is that the x-plan also caps doc fees at $100, and the median doc fees in my state are $599.
Thank you for the feedback, I used these for reference to the X-Plan fees, do you have something that is different?

A-Plan (Ford Employees): 4% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee
Z-Plan (Ford Retirees): Same as A-Plan
D-Plan (Dealer Employees): Same as A/Z Plan plus $100.
X-Plan (Ford Partners, Friends & Neighbors): 0.4% below Invoice plus $275 administrative fee.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/x-plan-and-ford-stock.1082/#post-24894
https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/mustang-mach-e-eligible-for-ford-plan-pricing-discount

This one I just logged to my Ford Partner X-Plan website and they are still showing this example:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do
Ford Bronco 2021 BRONCO PRICE LIST – MSRP & Dealer Invoice Pricing 1595167653489

Sponsored

Bronco-itis

Base
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw TDI 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Walt Sweeney Cincinnati, Ohio said they will honor Ford plan pricing. Didn't ank anything else

Lancer55

Big Bend
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know how much the “Mid” option will cost as an additional option?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've updated my Bronco pricing spreadsheet for all models to include the following:
Price with X-Plan discount.
Price comparing the X-Plan pricing at a local dealer to pricing at a dealer offering $1,000 below Invoice (such as that offered by Granger Ford).
Price comparing the $1,000 discount from Invoice to the $2,000 discount from MSRP (such as that offered by Laura Ford).

2021 Bronco pricing spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Below Invoice and more)

Wildtrak.Scott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6 turbo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm mostly curious what the cost will be to upgrade the engine/transmission combo. That will be my deciding factor on sticking to a black diamond or moving up to the Wildtrak if the cost is similar enough.
It wont be similar but I'd bet adding 3500-4000 for the 2.7 compared to the standard.

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems the last ten years or more manufacturers have been pushing more of the dealer profit into the holdback trying to take back the internet buying power from the consumer. People say I got x over invoice but it was so close to MSRP the dealer is still happy.

It seems like the dealers with the best offers in the No ADM thread understand the game:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pecial-discounts-master-list.2010/#post-63554
Granger Ford - $1,000 Below INVOICE
https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html
Laura Ford - $2,000 Below MSRP
https://www.laurafordofsullivan.com/

So it looks like Granger Ford is still the best deal but Laura Ford is not to far behind, depending on model MSRP to Invoice difference.
Just gotta make sure about the dealer fees. For example -$2,000+$1,800 Fee is not as good a deal as -$1,000 + $0 fee.
Sponsored