Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the feedback, I used these for reference to the X-Plan fees, do you have something that is different?
Discount Plan Rules Look at page 9. For A and Z plans doc fees are limited to $75, for X and D plans it is $100.

Edit: Just noticed you're confusing the administration fee with the doc fees. The administration fee is a fee associated with the discount program. That's not the same thing as doc fees. Doc fees are a bullshit fee every dealership in the country adds to fuck over customers. Here in Virginia the median doc fee is $599. Here is a full explanation of doc fees. and here is an article with a table for median doc fees by state. In some states they're limited by law, but in many others they're not and can get to be ridiculous scam amounts. By using the x-plan program you're going to limit the dealerships ability to screw you over in the finance office when they say "oh the $750 documentation fee is mandatory".
Sponsored

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Discount Plan Rules Look at page 9. For A and Z plans doc fees are limited to $75, for X and D plans it is $100.

Edit: Just noticed you're confusing the administration fee with the doc fees. The administration fee is a fee associated with the discount program. That's not the same thing as doc fees. Doc fees are a bullshit fee every dealership in the country adds to fuck over customers. Here in Virginia the median doc fee is $599. Here is a full explanation of doc fees. and here is an article with a table for median doc fees by state. In some states they're limited by law, but in many others they're not and can get to be ridiculous scam amounts. By using the x-plan program you're going to limit the dealerships ability to screw you over in the finance office when they say "oh the $750 documentation fee is mandatory".
Thank you for the great feedback, I will update the spreadsheet with that information.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doc fees are a bullshit fee every dealership in the country adds to fuck over customers.
Not every dealer, many of the smaller dealers still don't have a Doc fee, we don't charge one, I believe it shouldn't be legal, it's a gimmick to show a lower price or bigger discount while not actually giving that savings/price.

I've walked away from deals on powersport toys over it, an amazingly it goes from its mandatory to "we can take that off."

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, I may be wrong... But I do believe if I buy a car in Pa. I still end up paying NJ (where I live) sales tax. Maybe I'm smoking crack but I thought that's how that worked.
You pay sale tax on where you live and where the vehicle will be registered not where you buy it.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You pay sale tax on where you live and where the vehicle will be registered not where you buy it.
That's kind of true. Depends if the state you purchase in is a "reciprocal" state with the one you reside in. If so, then a percentage, possibly half, will go to each state.
The dealer that you buy from will submit a form on your behalf to the state/county of your residence stating they have collected tax and the purchaser owes the remaining.
Hope all that made sense, but it's what I went through buying a used car in IN and I reside in GA.

Sponsored

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this fact but a huge difference between WildTrak and Badlands is the fact the 2.7l automatic is standard on the WildTrak and includes the Mid package but the Badlands has the Swaybar Disconnect, Marine-Grade Vinyl seats, Rubberized flooring with drain plugs, Heavy Duty Bash plates, and steel bumpers.

Maybe be further apart than we think...
I know right? Its been a battle for me between the two or just going with one of the lower models and add the stuff. I chose the BL with the intention of adding the Sasquatch until I noticed the BL doesn't have the 2.7L&Auto. Now not so sure.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know right? Its been a battle for me between the two or just going with one of the lower models and add the stuff. I chose the BL with the intention of adding the Sasquatch until I noticed the BL doesn't have the 2.7L&Auto. Now not so sure.
2.7L&Auto is an available option on the BL.

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's kind of true. Depends if the state you purchase in is a "reciprocal" state with the one you reside in. If so, then a percentage, possibly half, will go to each state.
The dealer that you buy from will submit a form on your behalf to the state/county of your residence stating they have collected tax and the purchaser owes the remaining.
Hope all that made sense, but it's what I went through buying a used car in IN and I reside in GA.
I never heard that fact... I live in Alaska and have bought all my vehicles in L48 then drove them back to AK after I am done traveling. A side benefit is I have always saved a few grand on the purchase and don't pay sales tax. At least that is how its worked for me.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I never heard that fact... I live in Alaska and have bought all my vehicles in L48 then drove them back to AK after I am done traveling. A side benefit is I have always saved a few grand on the purchase and don't pay sales tax. At least that is how its worked for me.
What a nice situation, but a lot of driving. Yeah, it only depends if the states are reciprocal or not. Otherwise, you're correct, and you pay the tax for the state you're in.

Sponsored

1977EB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Unimog 404, 1962 Unimog 404
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, I just read 308 posts. Who hands out the cookies on this forum?

Why are people fixating on the 1k off msrp when there is a dealer offering 2k off msrp? 2k off to good to be true?

BTW, the old lady wants a new Bronco. She has been rocking a FJ Cruiser as a daily driver for 13 years.

I'm thinking base 2 door with squatch package. She wants a 4 door. All she hauls around are groceries and her Dobermans.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Why are people fixating on the 1k off msrp when there is a dealer offering 2k off msrp? 2k off to good to be true?

BTW, the old lady wants a new Bronco. She has been rocking a FJ Cruiser as a daily driver for 13 years.

I'm thinking base 2 door with squatch package. She wants a 4 door. All she hauls around are groceries and her Dobermans.
One dealer is offering $2k off MSRP
Another is offering $1k BELOW invoice..

1977EB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Unimog 404, 1962 Unimog 404
Your Bronco Model
Base
One dealer is offering $2k off MSRP
Another is offering $1k BELOW invoice..

I have a Georgia public school education so don't expect too much.:oops:

2k off of msrp should beat 1k off of invoice if the margins are what is on the sheet in the first post of this thread though. edit: On a base Bronco, not a loaded Bronco.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not every dealer, many of the smaller dealers still don't have a Doc fee, we don't charge one, I believe it shouldn't be legal, it's a gimmick to show a lower price or bigger discount while not actually giving that savings/price.

I've walked away from deals on powersport toys over it, an amazingly it goes from its mandatory to "we can take that off."
I see you're from Iowa, where the law limits the fees to $180 so there isn't as much incentive/opportunity to really pad that fee to make an extra profit, but I get your point. If you follow the link you'll see that in some states like Florida half of all doc fees are higher than $800. I've never actually seen it on powersport toys (I assume you mean boats, ski doos, snowmobiles, etc.), but now I know to look out for it. Last time I bought a car they tried to get me for over $1,000 here in Virginia, but when I explained that I knew what the holdback was on the vehicle and that I'd walk they backed off trying to gouge me for more profit.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Take a look at my Bronco pricing spreadsheet, it answers the question of which deal is better by model.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...dsheet-x-plan-vs-below-invoice-and-more.2319/
Sponsored