Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the "2069" number on the side of the Bronco R, which is a nod to the truck's race class (20) and the year (1969) of Hall's win
Yes I know, I am just stating what others speculated
Sponsored

rx2man

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Challenger SRT8
Had a 2.3, great motor though it was in the wrong car with the wrong Trans.

At the very least, it'll move and sure there'll be aftermarket support to swap in Coyote's and Godzilla's
I am sure it's a great motor when it holds together. And in the previous link they referred to people bumping the HP. But there are the same issues in stock engines at 30k plus miles.....and I am not a Ford hater....just hate when car makers make junk. Love my Challenger but did not know about the "Hemi tick" when I bought it where the roller lifters seize up and destroy a cam lobe or lobes.....

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure it's a great motor when it holds together. And in the previous link they referred to people bumping the HP. But there are the same issues in stock engines at 30k plus miles.....
Luck of the draw

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am sure it's a great motor when it holds together. And in the previous link they referred to people bumping the HP. But there are the same issues in stock engines at 30k plus miles.....and I am not a Ford hater....just hate when car makers make junk. Love my Challenger but did not know about the "Hemi tick" when I bought it where the roller lifters seize up and destroy a cam lobe or lobes.....
I have the ecoboost in my 2017 Fusion and it has been flawless. Zero issues at 100k miles while averaging 26.5 MPG over the lifetime. It’s a commuter so it sees everything from 5mph to 80 mph.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the ecoboost in my 2017 Fusion and it has been flawless. Zero issues at 100k miles while averaging 26.5 MPG over the lifetime. It’s a commuter so it sees everything from 5mph to 80 mph.
Only 80mpg?

Sponsored

rx2man

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Challenger SRT8
The 2 Door looks disproportionate, there's barely any cabin room but the hood is very long and not very tall, the mirrors being mounted in front of the windshield just make it look worse. This is probably the result of priority being given the 4 door model since it will inevitably sell more, but man, I honestly think 90% of the fan renders were better as far as the 2 door goes.
So maybe that is not the final rendering of the 2 dr? I agree, disproportionate....

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For comparisons sake

JL Options:
3.6L 285HP 260LB-FT
2.0L 270HP 295LB-FT

Bronco Options (Most likely)
2.3L EB 270HP 310LB-FT (Ranger Spec)
2.7L EB 325HP 400LB-FT (F-150 Spec)
3.0L EB 400HP 415LB-FT (Explorer ST Spec) Maybe this will be a "Raptor" only engine (top trim)

Anything more than the 2.3 will be a huge step over the Jeep offerings.

rx2man

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Challenger SRT8
OK, I don't like talking crap and not being able to back it up. And in all honesty I thought there was a much bigger problem with the eco boost engines.....but after reading some more I read the failure rate is appx 2%. Still not a fan of turbo 4 bangers unless it's in some sort of performance car. And would not get the turbo 4 banger in the Jeep either. Link below has a more positive view of the eco boost....

https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=135

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had either a 3.5 EB or a 2.7 EB in my last 5 F150's and had ZERO issues. My 2019 F150 has the 2.7 and it has plenty of torque and acceleration at tow loads under 7500 pounds. I would gladly take a 2.7 EB in my new Bronco!

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ecoboost series are great. 107k on my 2.0 with lots of hard driving in there. Zero issues. They had teething issues when they first came out but none of the options listed are new unknown engines. They have track records. They're solid.

Sponsored

Leden

Wildtrak
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry SE, 2016 Honda Pioneer 700-4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Long time lurker first time poster. I'll finish my profile in a bit.

Had to chime in.... while the EB's are great I am still holding out for a Coyote. A man can dream, right?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long time lurker first time poster. I'll finish my profile in a bit.

Had to chime in.... while the EB's are great I am still holding out for a Coyote. A man can dream, right?
That would be my choice as well. Don't let them get you down because people are going to start saying don't hope for a v8. I don't care. I love my v8 and I really hope I don't have to part with it!

Leden

Wildtrak
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry SE, 2016 Honda Pioneer 700-4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That would be my choice as well. Don't let them get you down because people are going to start saying don't hope for a v8. I don't care. I love my v8 and I really hope I don't have to part with it!
A woman can dream too.

My pops has a 2018 F150 with the 3.5EB and it's a hoss of a motor. I'm just a sucker for displacement and if they offer it with the Yote I'll line up to buy a 4D model. Thinking about how it's a Ranger platform makes me really worried they wont be offering the bigger engine options... but the hold out here is that part of the heritage of the Bronco is the fact it had the big boy V8s.

Hydro556

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj
Your Bronco Model
Base
A woman can dream too.

My pops has a 2018 F150 with the 3.5EB and it's a hoss of a motor. I'm just a sucker for displacement and if they offer it with the Yote I'll line up to buy a 4D model. Thinking about how it's a Ranger platform makes me really worried they wont be offering the bigger engine options... but the hold out here is that part of the heritage of the Bronco is the fact it had the big boy V8s.
Not disagreeing, I love a V8, but to be fair the current 3.5 EB 6 cylinder puts out more than double the horsepower and torque and trounces the V8 in fuel economy.

And, while subjective, I'd argue is more reliable and durable.

Eta - this is copied data and I believe the numbers then were measured gross number at the crankshaft. But...

gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 4727 cm3 / 288.5 cui, advertised power: 145.5 kW / 195 hp / 198 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 391 Nm / 288 lb-ft.

So, 17 second quarter mile, over 10 seconds 0-60 and average mid 12 miles per gallon.
Sponsored

Last edited: