Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The white four door one is not only missing the tire carrier, but also the built in back up camera. Either it’s removable or they haven’t installed it yet.
Sponsored

PHX396

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Lightning, 1967 Chevelle SS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hoping for painted roof and fenders as well, I’m sure it will be an options just tied to the most expensive model instead of letting you pick ala carte. The hood looks great, but the wheels look very jeepish to me on the Black 4 door. 2dr does look pretty sweet in the background.

Sponsored

SFNMutt

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon, 2012 Mustang GT vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the great pics. I've been lurking for over a year every time a crumb of info slips out.

Last summer when I learned the Bronco woukd be ranger based instead of F150 I went to the dealer & I climbed into a ranger to get a feel of the size & felt it was smaller than my wrangler. That's been worrying me since. Since it's based on the 2021 ranger & not the 2019 I was in I've been holding out hope.

It's hard to tell from the pics but from the silver 4dr I'm guessing it'll be a little bigger than the jk. (fingers crossed) From the black 4door pics, it looks the same size as the wrangler. (as if I can tell scale in a pic w/o sherrif brodie in the foreground)

Other than the report from the truck driver who said the Bronco wauld be 6" longer than the JL, do we know dimensions yet? This March official revel can't come soon enough!

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the great pics. I've been lurking for over a year every time a crumb of info slips out.

Last summer when I learned the Bronco woukd be ranger based instead of F150 I went to the dealer & I climbed into a ranger to get a feel of the size & felt it was smaller than my wrangler. That's been worrying me since. Since it's based on the 2021 ranger & not the 2019 I was in I've been holding out hope.

It's hard to tell from the pics but from the silver 4dr I'm guessing it'll be a little bigger than the jk. (fingers crossed) From the black 4door pics, it looks the same size as the wrangler. (as if I can tell scale in a pic w/o sherrif brodie in the foreground)

Other than the report from the truck driver who said the Bronco wauld be 6" longer than the JL, do we know dimensions yet? This March official revel can't come soon enough!
I didn't like the carlike feel and proporations inside the ranger cab either. Didn't feel upright enough for me. Hoping the redesign is more trucky

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think they are referring to the 2069 number on the Bronco R being the reveal date (June 9 2020). Unless I'm missing something else.
Yeah that's to late we know it's March already, like another user pointed out we saw it on the 69th day of 2020

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

haha.... "sound" to you?! Not like a 5.0L.
Hopefully quiet, Ecoboosts (except for Ford GT) do not sound good with louder exhausts. I had a 5.0 in my 2012 f-150 and 18 gt, and a 3.5 ecoboost in my current f-150. I definitely prefer the ecoboost in trucks/suvs.

Sponsored

Mr. Flow

Black Diamond
First Name
Sky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra 5.7 L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like I read some definitive engine news somewhere - like all of this has already been decided?

Mr. Flow

Black Diamond
First Name
Sky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra 5.7 L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, the side profile of that 2-door is amazing and I really hope that it's real. If you could get the 2-door with the NA 5 liter OH MAN, perfection. I really hope Ford doesn't screw up badly and only offer the 2.3L.
Road and Track:
It Will Likely Offer a 2.7-Liter EcoBoost Engine
Ford Authority, citing sources familiar with the project, reports that the Bronco will offer a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6. That's in line with what Ford offers in the F-150, Edge ST, and Lincoln Nautilus. That engine is good for up to 335 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque in the Edge ST and Nautilus, but the slightly less powerful, torquier version in the F-150 makes 325 hp and 400 lb-ft.

It's probably not going to be the only engine, though. We've also seen suggestions from third-party retailers that the Bronco will get the Ranger's 2.3-liter EcoBoost. In the Ranger, that powerplant is good for 270 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. We'd expect the 10-speed automatic to be available alongside either engine option, but there might be another transmission option.

A Hybrid Version Is a Definite
Ford's other big push beyond beating Jeep is to embrace electrification across its lineup. That's why it has a number of all-electric vehicles in the works, and a number of hybrids planned. Explorer and Police Interceptor hybrids are already here, and per Ford's quarter-one 2018 earnings report, a Bronco hybrid is on the way too, alongside electrified versions of the Mustang and F-150.

What that hybrid drivetrain will consist of? We're not sure. The Explorer/Police Interceptor Hybrid combines a 3.3-liter V-6 with an electric motor housed within a 10-speed automatic transmission. That at least gives us some indication as to what future Ford hybrids, including the Bronco, would look like.

rx2man

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Challenger SRT8
Oh god please no!! That thing is ugly as fuck!
I have been wanting a 2 dr Bronco for a long time. Got really close to picking up a mid to late 70's back in 2000. I thought $7500 for a built bronco was too much. Now I know better. So I have been waiting to see what the 2 dr would look like. I am disappointed if this is it. The proportions are all wrong on the back of it. Back windows and rear are Jeep length. I can buy a Jeep if I want a Jeep which i had a wrangler and JK. The rear should be about a foot longer...little bit before the rear fender. A little more behind the rear fender and a bit more between the glass.....also if all our choices are of a 4 cyl turbo or a turbo V6 I am not a buyer. Ford screwed up the turbo Ford's big time. There are no bolts/studs on any of the cylinders. The sleeves/bores are just there with no support. At 30k they are shifting and blowing head gaskets etc. And we are not talking modded engines. Stock too....needs a N/A V6. I have been waiting for the last year to see what Ford came up with. But I am really disappointed if this is the 2 door and the engines it will have. I had a 77 F250 and a 06 GT convertible so I like Ford....when they get it right.....

Edit. I had to edit this as it's all 4 bores.

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/building-a-bulletproof-ecoboost.9873/

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been wanting a 2 dr Bronco for a long time. Got really close to picking up a mid to late 70's back in 2000. I thought $7500 for a built bronco was too much. Now I know better. So I have been waiting to see what the 2 dr would look like. I am disappointed if this is it. The proportions are all wrong on the back of it. Back windows and rear are Jeep length. I can buy a Jeep if I want a Jeep which i had a wrangler and JK. The rear should be about a foot longer...little bit before the rear fender. A little more behind the rear fender and a bit more between the glass.....also if all our choices are of a 4 cyl turbo or a turbo V6 I am not a buyer. Ford screwed up the turbo Ford's big time. There are no bolts/studs on cyl 2 and 3. The sleeves/bores are just there with no support. At 30k they are shifting and blowing head gaskets etc. And we are not talking modded engines. Stock too....needs a N/A V6. I have been waiting for the last year to see what Ford came up with. But I am really disappointed if this is the 2 door and the engines it will have. I had a 77 F250 and a 06 GT convertible so I like Ford....when they get it right.....
Had a 2.3, great motor though it was in the wrong car with the wrong Trans.

At the very least, it'll move and sure there'll be aftermarket support to swap in Coyote's and Godzilla's

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah that's to late we know it's March already, like another user pointed out we saw it on the 69th day of 2020
the "2069" number on the side of the Bronco R, which is a nod to the truck's race class (20) and the year (1969) of Hall's win
Sponsored