jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The mystery on length is the camera pole. It’s included. And the camera pole extends past all tire widths. So all configuration are the same length regardless of tire thickness.

BL maybe has an extra inch of length due to steel bumpers. I would expect the BD and FE to be the same, but they are not exclusively listed.

what else? Don’t see anything changed here.
-Looks like towing capacity suffers on heavier trims
-ford still forgot to include wildtrak 2.7 payload figures
-ford adjusted down the 2 door rear seat legroom by 0.6”. It not longer matches 4 door. This is probably just a marketing play and they found a ever so slightly different way to measure it for advertising purposes.
-most important (I don’t know if these numbers are different than before) but taller guys at the road show have been provided information from reps that you only lost 1” of headroom when the road show bronco is equipped with a hardtop. That ONLY true in the backseat. In the front seat where it matters you lose 2.5”
Sponsored

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Question on underbody protection: These specs detail underbody protection for various trims, good. There is no mention of Base, BB or OBX. I'm sure I saw somewhere 'bash plates' are on all trims, it's just a matter of how many and how tough. Anybody have info on the Base bash plates?

Smk9lvr

First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mid pkg has always been standard on BL, I also see the 110 AC has been bumped to 400 watts. And the 2.3 is confirmed as having vacuum boost brakes, which makes it much easier to add supplemental braking system.
I don’t believe mid package is standard, $1495.

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Click here for the PDF version - Thank you @kellyweiss for the PDF version!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Sorry if this has already been asked. I just read this port for the first time. Does anyone know why they didn’t provide dimensional info for Outer Banks, Black Diamond, and First Edition ?

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone else notice that the 2 door has 4 gallons less fuel capacity than the 4 door? (About 19% less). That‘s significant. I had a 1973 Bronco so I know that “real Broncos have 2 doors” and all, but that’s important to know. I do a lot of overlanding so I’m going 4 door anyway, but it’s something to keep in mind. Range on trail will be affected.
Where have you been the past six months?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has already been asked. I just read this port for the first time. Does anyone know why they didn’t provide dimensional info for Outer Banks, Black Diamond, and First Edition ?
Is it because those trims share the same specs as ones that are already listed? (So like OB and BD is the same as BB, FE is the same as WT?)

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like seeing the specs for the added roof rack on the four door, particularly with the wildtrak. Suggests that they are indeed going to release it at some point.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Auto Hold Brakes: Is this the hill start feature that prevents roll back when starting on a hill? I have a technique in the rocks to back out of throttle if I can't quite make an obstacle, let it roll back a bit and try again. I assume this will prevent that and require shifting to reverse?

Also interesting that 2.3 has vacuum assist brake and 2.7 has electric.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Auto Hold Brakes: Is this the hill start feature that prevents roll back when starting on a hill? I have a technique in the rocks to back out of throttle if I can't quite make an obstacle, let it roll back a bit and try again. I assume this will prevent that and require shifting to reverse?

It’s similar. It works on flat ground also yo won’t have to hold the pedal down.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dual port/direct injection on the 2.7 is a big plus. At a Bronco viewing last week I looked underhood and noticed that both of these engines use cooled EGR for emissions control. For the DI-only 2.3 that means the intake valves get hit with oil mist from the PCV AND cold exhaust from the EGR, with no means to rinse them off since there’s no fuel injection in the manifold. Anyone heard about how bad the intake valve buildup gets in rangers that have this 2.3 ecoboost with EGR?
Do you think an oil catch can would be much help with this problem?

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think its an issue of the 2.3 not being explicitly designed for turbo use, and the 2.7 is.
So the 2.3 already rolls off the line with a vacuum pump and the 2.7 doesn't.
Sponsored