Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is a mass produced truck. A greatly anticipated truck but still one that's mass produced. It's not going to have much collector value with the exception of the first one off the line after a long hiatus.

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Won’t be collectible. ICE vehicles will be forcefully destroyed in a couple decades. I plan on abusing the hell out of my FE and putting it to pasture when the turbos blow at under 100k miles

don’t get me wrong, my Tesla will be in a landfill at that point as well because technology will have iterated annually like iPhones and no one will want to drive it
ICE vehicles aren't going anywhere. That would be like saying no one will ride horses anymore back when cars were being invented.

None of us will be alive by the time there will be any laws straight up banning the ownership of ICE vehicles.

Also just replace the engine if you blow the engine, silly.

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take is this, the rarest production of the M21 year might be collectible or worth money, as long as it’s a manual. Manuals will be dead in the next 20-30 years. I’m saying if you’ve got a 2-door Badlands with a manual transmission and a cool color like Cyber Orange, you’ll have a vehicle worth some money in 20 years. I’m calling the color option and 2 door because in 20 years I think loud colors will be more rare and 2 door vehicles are already more scarce than 4 doors.
That's assuming that ford doesn't go on the make 10 million of these things. If for some reason Ford abandons the Bronco line in a couple years because of some supply issue or regulations, it could become an appreciating asset with a cult following. As is, however; Broncos will just be a popular, mass produced, vehicle that depreciates less than most.

For a while I owned a 69 Chrysler convertible that was one of 1,800 made - very cool car, lots of attention, not a collector item.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Collectibility is driven by
Desire and demand at launch
Capability and options of the package when compared to others
Build volumes

Is the 53 Corvette the most sought after collectible Corvette? Nope

The ultra rare late 60’s Vette with the L-88 engine and a 4 speed is a holy grail collector for corvette guys.

The same year Vette with a standard 327 automatic that was produced in numbers much greater than the L-88 would bring pennies on the dollar compared to the L-88.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you meant to put manuals will be dead in 2-3 years. I don't see them lasting much longer with DCT transmissions advancing so fast now.
The 10-speed is technically a triple-clutch, just as an aside...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also just replace the engine if you blow the engine, silly.
The body will be rusted to sh*t by then, it’s a mass produced Ford not a McLaren F1. I’ll just get the best overlanding BEV when this thing is done

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. My Reference: 1964.5 Mustang.

The 1964.5 had the less desirable generator instead of an alternator, the passenger seat did not even move, the finish under the hood was rough. The base engine was from a parts bin of a Fairlane. Also, there was no Fastback version.

It was like having a MIC roof and no Mansquatch.

Also, it was definitely mass produced, hundreds of thousands of them.

Yet, despite all of that, many collectors want the 1964.5 more than the 1965-1966.

Also, remember that we are at the beginning of the end of an era, the ICE engine.
Many are saying that the current "S550" will be the last ICE Mustang and the new one will partially or all electric.

The Bronco itself could be last major "enthusiast" vehicle launch for Ford that does not plug-in.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is a '66 Bronco worth much more than a '67 just because it is the first year?

And those things are in their heyday right now for collectors...

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is a '66 Bronco worth much more than a '67 just because it is the first year?

And those things are in their heyday right now for collectors...
Depends on the vehicle. Mustang 1964 1/2 v. 1965-1966 does make a difference.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on the vehicle. Mustang 1964 1/2 v. 1965-1966 does make a difference.
A 2021 Bronco isn't really the first of anything like a 64.5 Mustang was. Neither was a '66 Bronco for that matter.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt 30-50 years from now any of these will still be driving anywhere. All of the computer and sensor tech will be so outdated, nothing to connect to anymore since nobody will have 30+ year old antenna technology running, no updates from Ford for years, no support, I just doubt any modern car will have a life as a classic car decades from now. Technology will be so different by then, nobody will be able to fix or let alone replace these components since nobody will be making them anymore (or it will be extremely expensive). Just my thoughts based on how fast tech develops and gets outdated nowadays. And dropped by manufacturers, no more updates or service.

I plan to drive my Bronco until repairs become too expensive or frequent to keep it, hopefully a long time from now. What it might or might not be worth by then really doesn't matter.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 vs 2022 as a collector comicbookguy_thecollector_victory_pose_right_image_4
Sponsored