Sponsored

2022 Backup Camera - Guidelines or No Guidelines?

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to make sure that I'm not crazy, but my backup camera should have the guidelines, correct? Someone rear ended me and when Ford did the repairs they had to reset my camera. I'll be honest that I don't pay much attention to the camera unless it beeps at me. I had a car without a camera before so I am used to using my mirrors. When my husband got in the car he immediately said something about the guidelines being gone (he has a 2015 mustang and his camera has guidelines). The photos I've found online all have the guidelines. When I took my Bronco back the collision center said their system can't reset the guidelines and they have to get some special guy to set targets and add them back to the system. Want to make sure I'm not going crazy before we continue the process.

Should look like this?
Ford Bronco 2022 Backup Camera - Guidelines or No Guidelines? Screenshot_20240420-193124_Firefox

Mine looks like this.
Ford Bronco 2022 Backup Camera - Guidelines or No Guidelines? 20240426_103536
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is an option to turn them on in the settings, yours may be off. I would double check that first.

edit: checked my Bronco, and you can only turn the "beep" off. there is no option to remove the guide lines.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LeshMcG

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@MileHighCitizen I've checked all the settings on my car and the collision center did too. Nothing for the guidelines, only for the detection beeps. Can you direct me to the spot you are referring to?

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@MileHighCitizen I've checked all the settings on my car and the collision center did too. Nothing for the guidelines, only for the detection beeps. Can you direct me to the spot you are referring to?
Just went to check, and it’s only the “beep” you can turn off. Sorry for the fake news.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I unhooked my backup camera for a spare carrier install - the lines went away for a bit and then came back on their own a couple of days later.

I also notice the “zoom” button doesn’t always appear.

It does odd things sometimes. I think the computer has to do some stuff and it takes a bit

Sponsored
OP
OP
LeshMcG

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@MileHighCitizen no problem! But the guilde lines should be there, right? They weren't always missing and I didn't notice? Just want to make sure everyone else has them on their cameras.

OP
OP
LeshMcG

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I unhooked my backup camera for a spare carrier install - the lines went away for a bit and then came back on their own a couple of days later.

I also notice the “zoom” button doesn’t always appear.

It does odd things sometimes. I think the computer has to do some stuff and it takes a bit
Thanks! I've had my car back for 10 days so you would think they would have reset. I'll just let them have the guy see if he can reset. The insurance company of the person who hit me has to pay for it.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@MileHighCitizen no problem! But the guilde lines should be there, right? They weren't always missing and I didn't notice? Just want to make sure everyone else has them on their cameras.
Yes they should be there. You’re right.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! I've had my car back for 10 days so you would think they would have reset. I'll just let them have the guy see if he can reset. The insurance company of the person who hit me has to pay for it.
So the camera has to be initialized with FDRS and depending on the type of camera system you have its either just going to be a LIN module initialization or the 360 degree camera alignment. The other possibility is that they used the incorrect camera. We used to do a lot of rear camera installs and when the parts department gave us the incorrect camera no matter what we did no guidelines would show up.

OP
OP
LeshMcG

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the camera has to be initialized with FDRS and depending on the type of camera system you have its either just going to be a LIN module initialization or the 360 degree camera alignment. The other possibility is that they used the incorrect camera. We used to do a lot of rear camera installs and when the parts department gave us the incorrect camera no matter what we did no guidelines would show up.
I don't have the 360 camera. They said they reused my existing camera, but I had to get a new spare tire holder so they had to remove it, reinstall and reboot. And I guess their reboot isn't restoring all the functions. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have the 360 camera. They said they reused my existing camera, but I had to get a new spare tire holder so they had to remove it, reinstall and reboot. And I guess their reboot isn't restoring all the functions. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Ok well even though they reused your old camera they would still have to do the LIN module initialization. That is most likely the cause of the issue.

OP
OP
LeshMcG

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok well even though they reused your old camera they would still have to do the LIN module initialization. That is most likely the cause of the issue.
Thanks for the info!! I'll be sure to pass that along.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A new spare tire carrier comes with a new camera already installed. Looking at the catalog it appears that is the only way to get it. So it's very possible they ordered the incorrect one.

OP
OP
LeshMcG

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A new spare tire carrier comes with a new camera already installed. Looking at the catalog it appears that is the only way to get it. So it's very possible they ordered the incorrect one.
That is very interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I only know what I was told as the paperwork didn't have specifics since the insurance company was paying.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is very interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I only know what I was told as the paperwork didn't have specifics since the insurance company was paying.
Does it include the part number anywhere on the paperwork? I can look up your VIN and check to see if it was correct.
Sponsored