Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone noticing that the MY22 Broncos are missing the temperature on the knob? Shoutout to @BroncoBoi for finding this.

1642717485251 (1).png

Versus MY2021 for reference

1642718215215.jpeg

Temperature display now appears at the top of the infotainment touchscreen display.

1642734271738-jpeg (1).jpg

Where's the 2nd picture from? It seems to me that may have been pre-production, since it has an illuminated PRNDM shifter bezel shown as well..... Just curious if someone can verify a 2021 trim level with the chrome/satin accents and colored fan speed switch

EDIT: It appears the only place that silver accents and colored fan switch is shown is on the 360 degree build & price imaging. I can't locate those silver rings anywhere else- the black trim is rubberized/sanoprene or soft touch paint, probably for grip/waterproofing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gaspasm

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone noticing that the MY22 Broncos are missing the temperature on the knob? Shoutout to @BroncoBoi for finding this.

1642717485251 (1).png

Versus MY2021 for reference

1642718215215.jpeg

Temperature display now appears at the top of the infotainment touchscreen display.

1642734271738-jpeg (1).jpg
Well crap. How am I going to know if I’m hot or cold now

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

12 pages now. Any rhyme or reason as to why some 2022s have it and some dont?

It's a bit haphazard if this is due to certain parts that may or may not be available as the Bronco is coming down the line, and they sell a product that actually varies like this.
I think to figure it out we need to track package level and trim.

I have a feeling it’ll vary based on which package you get. Like if you get the High or Lux, maybe they put it on the screen instead of the knobs since there is more screen to work with. Or maybe on Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond you don’t get it… but in the upper three trims you do.

Or maybe it’s completely random and depends on which components are available at any given time.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have a feeling it’ll vary based on which package you get. Like if you get the High or Lux, maybe they put it on the screen instead of the knobs since there is more screen to work with. Or maybe on Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond you don’t get it… but in the upper three trims you do.

Or maybe it’s completely random and depends on which components are available at any given time.
somebody in another thread said both the pictures of the numbers missing is from high and lux owners.....

ford really screwing people over

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clearly the poll should only have these options.

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

MY22: No
MY22: No and I also have reading comprehension issues
There are no MY22 Broncos with the temperature in the knobs.

Sponsored

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gotta say I hate this change. I don't want to have to look at the screen when I could preciously glance at the only illuminated number displayed in that lower location. It makes the vehicle feel more premium and is a much better design imo.

Turbo NY

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 outlander/ 1996 eclipse GS-T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 16E4E5F0-E7D0-4A41-9C61-55DEC91F9AF5

2022 black diamond mid package

Turbo NY

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 outlander/ 1996 eclipse GS-T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, what about BD rear bumper being changed??? That is my trim... a big plus was the steel bumpers (and I am going with the modular instead of the "capable" front bumper since I like it better and am price protected.
Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs C4C03D8E-63FB-45A7-BE3B-1B8C3F9DACDB

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 90E6EFEC-DFD9-419A-9E60-1B61507A1EE4

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to post about my opinion of this thread, but it will just stir the pot. Folks are entitled to their opinion just as much as mine.

Speaking of my opinion, I don' t think it's that big of a deal. Lets flip this the other way, if it is the chip shortage, im not waiting however long it takes to get chips just to get the temp on the knobs that I have to look down at, when it's on the screen.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait, it gets a plastic rear bumper now?
I did not say that. Read what I was responding to. Some guy said something about different rear bumper and only 1 tow hook on the rear of BD. I am asking a question, not stating anything - want to hear what @Turbo NY has to say first.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is setting themselves up for a class action and frankly this website is the perfect place to organize such a thing.
...no they aren't.

We all understand the value proposition differently and we all have to make up our own minds, Is the price being asked for the Bronco I desire worth the cost? Is it a good value? We will all come to a different conclusion, which is fair, but complaining endlessly about the value proposition is just nonsensical. It will not change anything.

So, if you feel cheated, robbed, that Ford is doing you dirty...they tell them to F-off and leave. I won't blame you. But, if you choose to wait and choose to give them your money, then your anger is your fault, not Fords. You have made a choice to be angry.

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Bt_ostate @Father-of-two @buzpro @Ats06 @gmille @slohatch

Can you all verify that you do in fact have a MY22 Bronco with the temp number in the knob? If you do, please take a picture and/or let us know what package you have and build date if you know it. If you not have a MY22, please go in and change your vote in the poll.
Sorry I’m an idiot misread it while very tired I have a 21

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where's the 2nd picture from? It seems to me that may have been pre-production, since it has an illuminated PRNDM shifter bezel shown as well..... Just curious if someone can verify a 2021 trim level with the chrome/satin accents and colored fan speed switch

EDIT: It appears the only place that silver accents and colored fan switch is shown is on the 360 degree build & price imaging. I can't locate those silver rings anywhere else- the black trim is rubberized/sanoprene or soft touch paint, probably for grip/waterproofing.
This is my 2021 First Edition trim (July build). No chrome bezel, just the accents behind the knobs. Fan switch is backlit blue, not colored in.
Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 20220121_100827

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to post about my opinion of this thread, but it will just stir the pot. Folks are entitled to their opinion just as much as mine.

Speaking of my opinion, I don' t think it's that big of a deal. Lets flip this the other way, if it is the chip shortage, im not waiting however long it takes to get chips just to get the temp on the knobs that I have to look down at, when it's on the screen.
here is my opinion. As much as a bummer is that i have not even gotten a VIN yet , i will wait all the way to 2023 if i get price protection and a promise of the car that i ordered with all the features i was promised.

The knobs are a big deal for me coming from a older car with NO lcd's anywhere on the dash. Not even a nav system.
Sponsored