Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its like that on our '22 F150s and the '22 Outer Banks we got in. I saw some GM trucks do the same thing too.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a brand new vehicle...you don't think there are going to be changes/improvements as model years progress?

Since this is also happening on F-150's, I would bet dollars-to-donuts that this is a change to reduce the need for chips. I would be willing to bet the functionality of the knob is no different...just doesn't have the data being sent to it.
As I said it's not about the changes, it's about Ford hiding them. And before you go all Blue on me, go to the BnP, go to the Ford literature... They have an updated any of it to reflect the changes.

Basically Ford has provided no way for us to determine what they change except for forums like this where people notice things once they get their Bronco in hand.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made a new post to compile all the unannounced changes. Feel free to add as we find/confirm more...

MY22 VS MY21

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have the silver knobs? I'm wondering if that is something that was axed by Ford completely. I have a MY21 Lux package and it does not have those. The build and price does show them on all trims.

Ironically the release video Bronco has this which is exactly what mine has.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 1642778144073

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I miss "KnobGate". Ford has clearly sanitized the previous thread title, hoping no one would notice. Well, I noticed, and I'm fucking pissed. Thinking about cancelling my 22MY order.

/s

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With this and the 22’ Wildtrak losing it’s painted mirror caps and door handles, Ford is definitely cutting corners on a $60k vehicle.
Was going to make this point as well. I chose the WT because of all the options AND the painted mirrors and door handles. I can get over that change from MY21 to MY22 but I'm worried there are more changes that will come up. Early day 2 res STILL waiting...patiently-ish. I think I'll get over myself once I've driven it for awhile, but I know that I will be fretting (albeit unnecessarily) every time I look down at the dial or pull my door handle.
Mod companies, I agree with the earlier posts, are going to make a killing on their aftermarket rectifications and upgrades on some of the most basic of things. Ford doesn't care...they can charge the same $ for less 'Bronco'.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
New from Ford for 2022.5 Bronco, quadruple zone temperature control!

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 710iJuAexLL._AC_SL1500_
Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs s1560151-figure-2

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eh, the air either comes out hot as hell or not. The difference I feel between 82 and 70 is nothing, so who even cares

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a '21 Big Bend Sasquatch, with dual Elect. Climate control, and I HAVE the temp display, but do NOT have chrome accent trim nor the coloring on the fan speed switch.

I'm an interior trim engineer, and can say that whether or not it has the chrome/Satin nickel finish is 100% driven by cost/complexity. If they deleted the chrome/satin trim from the hi-series vehicles (Lux package) then that was totally cost driven IMO.

NOTE: reducing complexity IS also a cost thing, not just the added cost to each piece to be chromed or painted.

The deletion of the temp on the knob thing was most definitely a chip supply/shortage problem.

ALSO: I scanned this thread and did not see clarification if 2022 LUXURY package has these non-chrome/silver knobs? Were the photos shared MID package with elec clim. control? Thats what mine is in the picture (2021 MID package)

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs s1560151-figure-2
My '21 Badlands with Lux looks exactly the same as yours

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh no not this

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 1642778492272

Works for me. But I am in the less is more camp.
The very least they could have done is make them symmetrical. Either push them both to the corners of the screen or flip the time and driver temp. Awful design. I know most people won't care but I don't care about most people. Lol
Sponsored