Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my First Edition trim. No chrome bezel, just the accents behind the knobs. Fan switch is backlit blue, not colored in.
20220121_100827.jpg
is a first edition a 22 model year (like build wise) or are they simply making them in 22?
Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Standard operating procedure for OEMs is to "economize" designs as the model years progress. Has been going on for decades.
100% accurate statement. "cost-saves" get people promoted LOL. I really like the digital display on the knob because of the contrast- you glance and see it immediately, instead of swimming through info on the UI

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

is a first edition a 22 model year (like build wise) or are they simply making them in 22?
Sorry, should have clarified and I will edit my post. Mine is a true 2021 FE. Built in July, delivered in November.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah this is pretty fucked up. It’s one of the few things that made the vehicle few luxury with the LUX package. Tell me they didn’t remove the backlighting on the fan speed button? That would be straight up dangerous trying to locate that thing in the dark

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where's the 2nd picture from? It seems to me that may have been pre-production, since it has an illuminated PRNDM shifter bezel shown as well..... Just curious if someone can verify a 2021 trim level with the chrome/satin accents and colored fan speed switch

EDIT: It appears the only place that silver accents and colored fan switch is shown is on the 360 degree build & price imaging. I can't locate those silver rings anywhere else- the black trim is rubberized/sanoprene or soft touch paint, probably for grip/waterproofing.
Good eye. That picture is from Ford’s marketing material and would be pre-production at best.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Standard package ftw.

Controversial topic: folks should just learn to compromise on temperature in vehicles, we're all a bunch of softies 😂

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford apologists will need to answer why I’m paying the same but getting less
Not to chime in on one side or the other, as I never would have realized there was a difference until I saw this thread, but they are in fact charging more for the 22’s for those that didn't have a reservation or order.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gotta say I hate this change. I don't want to have to look at the screen when I could preciously glance at the only illuminated number displayed in that lower location. It makes the vehicle feel more premium and is a much better design imo.
I'm with you on this. I remember when I took delivery, it was one of the things that stood out to me. I was thinking, "that's is so convenient and pretty slick"

Sponsored

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is truly disturbing to all of us that our customer is on such a wild rampage over this. Would you like a price increase, added wait times, and more frustrations for adding those LCD monitors back in? You speak as if it’s a price cut for us alone and not the customer but do you think prices are stable currently? It would be more expensive for you as well to have those. Everything to produce Bronco is priced statistically bottom line at the current moment. It’s why you will not see discounts for the foreseeable future on them. This vehicle is actually very customer friendly priced. It’s honest value for what you get.

What I gather is that you want a more expensive Bronco. Send me your VIN and I will inquire about increasing your price.
1. I would like the fucking car i ordered thank you. Is that too much to ask from a multi billion dollar first world corporation that has been manufacturing vehicles since they were INVENTED?
2. "it will be more expensive" no , its not about expense. Ford just decided they were tired of people whining about bronco waits so they decided instead of shipping the car people thought they were getting , they would cut corners because of the chip shortage. I would wait until 2023 for the bronco I ORDERED if it means i get the features i want. However ford doesnt like to talk about product changes as we are now learning. Remember the mod top? anybody confirm in the past 6 months if that thing even exists anymore? Who knows.
3.Its not about the price of the car. Its about the price of the car and then pulling 3rd world russian manufacturer tactics to get them out the door at the expense of the customers. Ford SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER and they should not be taking ANY orders for 2022 AT ALL. It seems ford cares more about the lightning launch (muh electric future) because they capped orders at 250k. They know exactly how bad that could hurt their company if their first electric truck launch is as much of a shit show as the bronco. Hell . i would bet you money ford is hoarding the chips FOR the lightning.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to chime in on one side or the other, as I never would have realized there was a difference until I saw this thread, but they are in fact charging more for the 22’s for those that didn't have a reservation or order.
thats disgusting if true , however im sure thats inflation more than anything.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Chip Shortage is a pain! The 2022 Land Rover Defenders lost their whole digital dash because of it. They now have analog only options. I guess Bronco's got off easy.
I’m jealous. Analog gauges on a Bronco would be great.
Sponsored