Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have to say I'm so used to having it in my display in my Gladiator that this will not bother me in the least with the Bronco.

346E7210-EAE2-4B90-AA00-7E613FD70D74.jpeg
Omg, Jeep copied the 2022 Bronco climate control UI?!
Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is my 2021 First Edition trim (July build). No chrome bezel, just the accents behind the knobs. Fan switch is backlit blue, not colored in.
20220121_100827.jpg
same here, but MID package '21.
I am surprised with sync4 that Ford didnt move all the controls to infotainment screen. Its less crap.
You obviously aren't aware of the "MyFordtouch" and "MyLincolntouch" fiasco that happened when Sync2 was launched. :(

BroncoLolli

Badlands
First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s kinda why I made the thread. To see if we can get a consensus. We also have rear sway bars showing up on some Broncos. So, some things have definitely changed under the radar for MY22.
I feel like that if that is what was offered when I made my order and that is the order build I signed for, then it shouldn't change. I'm going to be a little bent if it is a change!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Too bad they didnā€™t keep these and get rid of the ASS chip instead

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to say I'm so used to having it in my display in my Gladiator that this will not bother me in the least with the Bronco.

346E7210-EAE2-4B90-AA00-7E613FD70D74.jpeg
I think Stellantis got this right- Because of the contrast. It makes it really easy to read. The Ford screen is either blinding white or muddled blue. Maybe a software update to blacken out that upper bar, and make all the readouts on it white, like the Jeep?

make black.JPG

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
is there a single person who has taken a picture of a 22 with the numbers in the knobs? i think it was simply a polling mistake
Of the 5 guys that said yes, the first one has a photos of an FE in his sig, and another guys has an AMB. lol. Yeah, probably a polling mistake.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Stellantis got this right- Because of the contrast. It makes it really easy to read. The Ford screen is either blinding white or muddled blue. Maybe a software update to blacken out that upper bar, and make all the readouts on it white, like the Jeep?

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs make black.JPG
have you tried changing the display setting to night mode? itā€™s the first thing I do whenever I get my RS back from the dealer for warranty work. The SYNC4 day mode is always blinding and nasty.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

okay let me ask you this. Are these changes going to be permanent so ford can increase profit margins on the vehicles , or is this a temporary change because of chips and the feature will return?

Im thinking of 99ing if this will be fixed by 2023. If ford is just going to cut all corners to sell these things like wranglers , im not paying the premium.

Am i hot or cold on the 99?
Ford's profit margins are fine, it was just a feature that was deemed unimportant due to commodity constraints. But you might want to 99 your order just to be safe. I'm sure once Ford gets wind of this thread they're gonna walk back their decision in a right hurry.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone noticing that the MY22 Broncos are missing the temperature on the knob? Shoutout to @BroncoBoi for finding this.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs make black.JPG

Versus MY2021 for reference

Temperature display now appears at the top of the infotainment touchscreen display.

long thread... read through like 4 pages.

but has anyone confirmed this is on the 8in screen as well? I only see 12 in screen people stating they don't have it. maybe adjust the poll to include such?

Just wondering if since the 12 in has the extra real estate they moved it to save on chips, but since the 8in doesn't, they still get the normal temp display?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

long thread... read through like 4 pages.

but has anyone confirmed this is on the 8in screen as well? I only see 12 in screen people stating they don't have it. maybe adjust the poll to include such?

Just wondering if since the 12 in has the extra real estate they moved it to save on chips, but since the 8in doesn't, they still get the normal temp display?
pretty sure both the 8in and 12in screens will show temperature in a little pop up overlay on screen when you touch a knob, so they probably have these new knobs on both ā€” the implication made here is that the LED display knobs would have added almost $1000 in cost per bronco

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
have you tried changing the display setting to night mode? itā€™s the first thing I do whenever I get my RS back from the dealer for warranty work. The SYNC4 day mode is always blinding and nasty.
Night mode just changes everything to blue background. the difficulty in seeing things is still there IMO

Can someone with a 2022 verify that the upper bar where the readout numbers are change to blue with everything else?

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think maybe itā€™s time you canceled your order and walked away. Seem too emotionally invested.

Fundamentally the way to vote our disapproval as a consumer is to not buy it. If we donā€™t like it, donā€™t buy it. You can complain to the moon and back about supply chains and China and blah blah, but fundamentally this is an issue the free market can easily fix. If you donā€™t like, go buy someone elseā€™s product. If enough people do that Ford will change. Itā€™s literally that simple.
Im thinking about it. However arguing the free market can fix something like this is just uneducated.

There is no free market solution to this problem. These companies are not actually guided by customers anymore and have not been for some time. They are guided by stock speculation and news articles that make people buy stock or sell stock.

Fords entire value right now is based on the lightning and the ev mustang becoming hits. If those launches are anything like the bronco , guess what. Bailout time.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I really wish Ford would adopt a more vibrant display. The different shades of blue is just so bland and boring. One thing about Fords I don't like.
Sponsored