Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The very least they could have done is make them symmetrical. Either push them both to the corners of the screen or flip the time and driver temp. Awful design. I know most people won't care but I don't care about most people. Lol
I'd agree. The layout looks like a complete afterthought. Looks like the notification bar on an old Android phone with icons just scattered everywhere
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And here's something to be more angry about that has not been mentioned. On the 2022 F150, ambient lightning has also been removed due to the chip shortage. Does the bronco have ambient lighting on the 2021s?
Yes. My 21 Badlands High package has ambient lighting. (Footwell) It's the same light blue that the rest of the dash ambient lighting is. Also has the chrome/metal trim on all the knobs.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Bt_ostate @Father-of-two @buzpro @Ats06 @gmille @slohatch

Can you all verify that you do in fact have a MY22 Bronco with the temp number in the knob? If you do, please take a picture and/or let us know what package you have and build date if you know it. If you not have a MY22, please go in and change your vote in the poll.

Last edited:

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems fitting

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I said it's not about the changes, it's about Ford hiding them. And before you go all Blue on me, go to the BnP, go to the Ford literature... They have an updated any of it to reflect the changes.

Basically Ford has provided no way for us to determine what they change except for forums like this where people notice things once they get their Bronco in hand.
How did they hide them?
Read between the lines. The frustration is about Ford pulling sneaky shit once again and not telling us the differences.

We have spent 500+ days trying to learn everything about the Bronco, despite Ford not telling us anything.

And to find out that 2022 are getting sway bars, redesigned engines, and different interior components.... All without any mention of it is BS.

As a matter of fact, the only thing I've heard Ford say about 2022 is the paint colors and the door handles.
How is Ford "hiding" or doing "sneaky shit" on a knob that sits on the front dash panel? It is literally front and center. I can understand having a preference for where the temperature indicator is located, but zero functional change has taken place. None.

You assume sneaky malice when others would see a reduction in redundant efforts. When new models come out, there are small changes. This literally happens every single year to every single vehicle. The manufacturers do not specifically call out every single change that might have occurred with the vehicle. Imagine if they called out every change in knobs, or texture of the door handle, or even the length of the antennae.

That expectation is just unrealistic, its just trifling.

Sponsored

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just did build and price and it was not changed … still reflects the 2021 interior… it’s getting aggregating that they don’t list changes that are being made between model years… earth shattering no, but just another difference like 22 BD only get one tow hook on rear and bumper is changed..
4D0A5DB7-9F77-4CB7-8BB2-25DC38BC0BBC.png
Wait, what about BD rear bumper being changed??? That is my trim... a big plus was the steel bumpers (and I am going with the modular instead of the "capable" front bumper since I like it better and am price protected).

This is the .pdf that for put out for all changes for MY22:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjA-MPnm8P1AhWrj4kEHViDDAIQFnoECAMQAQ&url=https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North%20America/US/product/2022/bronco/2022MY-Bronco-Order-Guide.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2SlyafHkEJ3SXO2JKk4J3W

It clearly states on the Black Diamond (page 12) that it has steel front and rear bumpers and (2) tow hooks on front, (2) tow hooks on rear. Sure, some things like these knobs are not noted and thus were changed under the radar without Ford LYING about it, but the bumpers and tow hooks ARE noted... that is just false advertising.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
12 pages now. Any rhyme or reason as to why some 2022s have it and some dont?

It's a bit haphazard if this is due to certain parts that may or may not be available as the Bronco is coming down the line, and they sell a product that actually varies like this.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, what about BD rear bumper being changed??? That is my trim... a big plus was the steel bumpers (and I am going with the modular instead of the "capable" front bumper since I like it better and am price protected.
Wait, it gets a plastic rear bumper now?

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is a chip thing, will it come back in MY23 if the chips become available? I can only imagine the rage.

Last edited:

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a graphic designer this is actually a pretty big deal. Now there is just a huge blank dial with a tiny thermometer? Who makes these choices? I bet the Raptor will get the LCD digits I paid for.
They will likely only open order banks for 50 thousand too
How did they hide them?

How is Ford "hiding" or doing "sneaky shit" on a knob that sits on the front dash panel? It is literally front and center. I can understand having a preference for where the temperature indicator is located, but zero functional change has taken place. None.

You assume sneaky malice when others would see a reduction in redundant efforts. When new models come out, there are small changes. This literally happens every single year to every single vehicle. The manufacturers do not specifically call out every single change that might have occurred with the vehicle. Imagine if they called out every change in knobs, or texture of the door handle, or even the length of the antennae.

That expectation is just unrealistic, its just trifling.
cool post

Why didnt i get a discount when ford cut features (because they are a shitty heavily outsourced "american" company) from the vehicle. Features that i was ACTUALLY looking forward to?

Why should i "understand how this works" when

1. I was not notified that 22 would be different in any way other than color choices
2. We were all under the impression the chip shortage would effect bronco availability , not the literal build and makeup of the car itself

WHAT ELSE DID THEY CUT

I just heard this morning that the 22 added a rear swaybar. Is that going to have a disconnect? if not did ford just make my badlands LESS capable? If so is that a fucking lawsuit?

I dont care what the legalese says "all subject to change"

Ford is setting themselves up for a class action and frankly this website is the perfect place to organize such a thing.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12 pages now. Any rhyme or reason as to why some 2022s have it and some dont?

It's a bit haphazard if this is due to certain parts that may or may not be available as the Bronco is coming down the line, and they sell a product that actually varies like this.
is there a single person who has taken a picture of a 22 with the numbers in the knobs? i think it was simply a polling mistake

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ya so are people going to start tagging mike levine on twitter about this?

Ask him if this is fixable later down the line or if they are going to completely shaft LOYAL people who were waiting 500+ days.
Sponsored