Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every vehicle I've ever had with dual auto climate control has shown the Temps on the knobs.
My 2018 Wrangler JLU has dual climate zones. Readout was never on the knobs—has always been on left & right side of the screen.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, but then they should've never been included at all... 21s either... 🤷‍♂️
Strong disagree. My wife's Edge is either touch or buttons, no knobs, and I hate it. I was really happy to see the Bronco had knobs.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
agreed!

Imagine if Ford held Broncos for this 1 item? Bronco6g would lose their minds.

No one is happy here EXCEPT the folks who have taken delivery.

I was going to post about my opinion of this thread, but it will just stir the pot. Folks are entitled to their opinion just as much as mine.

Speaking of my opinion, I don' t think it's that big of a deal. Lets flip this the other way, if it is the chip shortage, im not waiting however long it takes to get chips just to get the temp on the knobs that I have to look down at, when it's on the screen.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Strong disagree. My wife's Edge is either touch or buttons, no knobs, and I hate it. I was really happy to see the Bronco had knobs.
I don't mean get rid of all knobs, rather they should have just stuck with the cheaper chicken and never included the LCD readout knobs, having foresight that the chip shortage was real... Back in, uh, 2020...

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
agreed!

Imagine if Ford held Broncos for this 1 item? Bronco6g would lose their minds.

No one is happy here EXCEPT the folks who have taken delivery.
im literally debating right now 99'ing my order because as a customer i have NO idea what else they changed with this model year.

what else is missing? Somebody just found a rear sway bar on their 22. Does that mean less rear articulation? is ford throwing in a free rear disc button for badlands owners?

Sponsored

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, that sucks. I guess being bent over by Ford won’t be so bad after all. When our Bronco comes next year after 2.5-3.5 years from reservation we should be way better off. We won’t have a covid Bronco with a blown engine, wavy soft top, leaky/crappy hard top or with features removed due to supply chain issues.

You still suck though Ford.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If ford knew about their bottom line they would not have named the Mach-E a mustang and they would not have released a bronco sport which is a redundant marketing mistake and a niche that doesnt need to be filled by ford of all people. they have a ford explorer yet they clog the lines with a redundant vehicle that causes a marketing disaster of everyone seeing a crossover on the road with "bronco" on it.

I can assure you the people running the company do NOT know what they are doing. And are held afloat by name recognition and deep political ties. The only product of real value they make to the world is the f150 and its derivatives. Everything else is clogging the line. The best decision ford made in the past 20 years was getting rid of sedans. They will have to come to a decision soon of what else to axe.
Yeah, because they only sold 100,000 Bronco Sports last year, and every Mach-E made with a long list of orders to be filled as well. What were they thinking...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mean get rid of all knobs, rather they should have just stuck with the cheaper chicken and never included the LCD readout knobs, having foresight that the chip shortage was real... Back in, uh, 2020...
That's fair and I don't think it would really impact the user experience all that much.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im thinking about it. However arguing the free market can fix something like this is just uneducated.

There is no free market solution to this problem. These companies are not actually guided by customers anymore and have not been for some time. They are guided by stock speculation and news articles that make people buy stock or sell stock.

Fords entire value right now is based on the lightning and the ev mustang becoming hits. If those launches are anything like the bronco , guess what. Bailout time.
The free market fixes more than you think or admit, though.

Ford didn't give us a device rail, and 5 other companies came up with solutions. Ford made a shitty roof, and 5 other companies are working on solutions. Sounds like the free market is doing what it's supposed to. Maybe we're just too early in the bronco train for your level of comfort, and to your suggestion, 99'ing your order until Ford solves these problems to your satisfaction might be a wise move.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, because they only sold 100,000 Bronco Sports last year, and every Mach-E made with a long list of orders to be filled as well. What were they thinking...
you proved my point. 100k fake broncos on the road. How is this going to effect the marketability of the big bronco.

"ya i saw the bronco its a stupid crossover , nothing like my wrangler"

You understand the mustang isnt a family of cars right? its just a muscle/sports car and always has been. The mach E is a fugly grocery getter that can go fast and is called a mustang for some reason.

How long until mustang fans get an ACTUAL ev mustang? How long will it take for the marketing mistake of the MACH-E vs real EV mustang to filter down to normal people when they release the real EV mustang?

people still think the bronco is the bronco sport and the cars have been on the road for a year

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read alot of this thread and get most of the views expressed. I like several others probably would not have even known it will be missing on my MY22 if I hadn't seen this thread. I understand the pricing decisions and shortages but maybe a compromise would have been to at least still include it on High and/or Lux only packages to separate them a little more for the premium you are being charged.

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2018 Wrangler JLU has dual climate zones. Readout was never on the knobs—has always been on left & right side of the screen.
Same on my 2020 Gladiator- and I like it. I never look down at the knobs. The temp is right there at the top of the screen (8.4” screen in my case).

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Ford is cutting corners on items you can see, imagine what they are doing with things you can't see. :unsure:

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read alot of this thread and get most of the views expressed. I like several others probably would not have even known it will be missing on my MY22 if I hadn't seen this thread. I understand the pricing decisions and shortages but maybe a compromise would have been to at least still include it on High and/or Lux only packages to separate them a little more for the premium you are being charged. I couldn't remeber exactly how much the up-charge was I am paying for Lux so went to B and P just now and saw this...
View attachment 249711
can confirm

they got rid of lux.

its much much worse than just knobs

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I have temp on the control knobs ...Does that exclamation mark always stay on for the my22’S or is that supposed to be a thermometer? Lol
Sponsored