Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger @ZackDanger @Ford Motor Company
Now we know that 2021 Bronco MIC production will be catastrophically curtailed, another question comes to mind: Dealer Allocations, Specifically related to MY 2022.

It seems obvious that dealers will receive a big percentage of their allocations for MY 2021 in unreserved Soft Top versions. These will not reduce substantially the number of outstanding 12+ month old reservations.

Will allocations be used for MY 2022 and will dealers like Granger be unable to fill their existing order backlog while Broncos go to other dealers for newer, more recent orders or even dealer stock?

We need some clarification from @Ford Motor Company on how allocations will affect 2022 production. It feels very unfair for new customer orders to be built WAY ahead of the older existing orders only as a result of where we placed our order. We tolerated this for MY 2021 but that should be enough. I don't want to be pushed to MY 2023 because of my dealer choice.

I can't speak for what Ford will do. But I can tell you even with the hard top curtailment i am anticipating 100% of our allocations to go to current reservation holders and not to dealer stock.

OP
OP
mmorgan

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't speak for what Ford will do. But I can tell you even with the hard top curtailment i am anticipating 100% of our allocations to go to current reservation holders and not to dealer stock.
My thoughts were - Allocations for MY 21, then build ALL reservations made prior to 3/31/21 in 2022.
Incorrect obviously.
So now we must accept being displaced by new orders from dealers with unfilled allocations. The popularity of this vehicle is generating new orders every day, the backlog grows.
Ford is promising to communicate with us. We just need to know if this is really what will transpire.
@ZackDanger @Ford Motor Company

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts were - Allocations for MY 21, then build ALL reservations made prior to 3/31/21 in 2022.
Incorrect obviously.
So now we must accept being displaced by new orders from dealers with unfilled allocations. The popularity of this vehicle is generating new orders every day, the backlog grows.
Ford is promising to communicate with us. We just need to know if this is really what will transpire.
@ZackDanger @Ford Motor Company
I'm honestly not tracking what your point/concern is.

What do you mean you'll be displaced by new orders?

If they can build an earlier retail order, they will, if they can't, they'll build a later retail order, if they can't build either, they'll build stock orders.

Who's getting displaced?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since there is such a huge backlog and so many delays, what are the chances of price lock for orders even as late as this summer? Would be terrible to watch the price creep up as we all wait a year for our orders.

Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is safe to say a significant number of reservations are getting cancelled in the next few weeks as people learn they won't be getting their reserved Bronco until '22.

Will there be any consequence to dealers for keeping a customer cancelled order? Alternately, is there any reason a dealer would not keep a customer cancelled order and order what they want for their lots?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, thought this thread was starting a club for all of us MY21 folks screwed into a MY22.

But seriously though I think if ya'll didn't get that coveted scheduling email today, there's a pretty good chance we are all going to be MY22's.

One of us, One of us!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a side note, i think that Tyler kid at Granger is ghosting my information requests

OP
OP
mmorgan

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm honestly not tracking what your point/concern is.

What do you mean you'll be displaced by new orders?

If they can build an earlier retail order, they will, if they can't, they'll build a later retail order, if they can't build either, they'll build stock orders.

Who's getting displaced?
All in the details I suppose and possibly not a big deal but:
Dealer A --------------------Dealer B
2021 Allocation ------ 300 ----- 300
2022 Allocation ------ 600 ----- 500
Orders thru 3/31/21 ---- 1300 ---- 700
Orders displaced 2023 - 400---- (100)

This is the situation where new orders would be "displacing" old orders. An I am talking about identical builds, not constrained build situations.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All in the details I suppose and possibly not a big deal but:
Dealer A --------------------Dealer B
2021 Allocation ------ 300 ----- 300
2022 Allocation ------ 600 ----- 500
Orders thru 3/31/21 ---- 1300 ---- 700
Orders displaced 2023 - 400---- (100)

This is the situation where new orders would be "displacing" old orders. An I am talking about identical builds, not constrained build situations.
You're assuming MY22 allocation will be less than retail orders. Why?

All the information we have shows that MY22 production is greater than what the residual retail orders should be... meaning dealer Allocation in MY22 would be Total Retail Orders + Some Number of Stock Orders.

No one would be getting displaced.

OP
OP
mmorgan

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're assuming MY22 allocation will be less than retail orders. Why?

All the information we have shows that MY22 production is greater than what the residual retail orders should be... meaning dealer Allocation in MY22 would be Total Retail Orders + Some Number of Stock Orders.

No one would be getting displaced.
I hope you are right.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... delays (I know, I know), Ford has plenty of capacity to take care of the backlog...
There is a huge difference to me between say May and November of 22.

Before the long string of problems and delays I was quite optimistic that I would receive my Bronco in time to use it next summer. As it stands, I think I probably will get it sometime next year but will miss another entire season of wheeling. :(
Sponsored