Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Zach@Granger @ZackDanger @Ford Motor Company
Now we know that 2021 Bronco MIC production will be catastrophically curtailed, another question comes to mind: Dealer Allocations, Specifically related to MY 2022.

It seems obvious that dealers will receive a big percentage of their allocations for MY 2021 in unreserved Soft Top versions. These will not reduce substantially the number of outstanding 12+ month old reservations.

Will allocations be used for MY 2022 and will dealers like Granger be unable to fill their existing order backlog while Broncos go to other dealers for newer, more recent orders or even dealer stock?

We need some clarification from @Ford Motor Company on how allocations will affect 2022 production. It feels very unfair for new customer orders to be built WAY ahead of the older existing orders only as a result of where we placed our order. We tolerated this for MY 2021 but that should be enough. I don't want to be pushed to MY 2023 because of my dealer choice.
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would also be important to understand how the mannequin program will continue into 2022. It is assumed most mannequin Broncos could be sold by the end of 2021. Will the first run of 2022 Broncos be new mannequin Broncos? Will dealers also have 2022 priority Broncos built?

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree totally!! I put in my reservation over a year ago, converted to an order almost 7 months ago and now I still have no idea when it will be scheduled to be built. I do know now it will be a 2022 model (I hope), but dealerships getting vehicles to sell ahead of me getting mine is just BS.
Colors are changing and different options for 2022 model year, so now my color pick is gone and my options (?) have no clue there either. So options change, do we now have to pay more money for these possibly more expensive options or how is that going to work? Too many questions with no answers. Really sucks.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They'll try to fill retail orders first. So yes, someone who places a res and order today for a soft top 2.3 manual big bend with no other options MIGHT get picked up before your early res/order truck with options that are constrained. If nobody has ordered an easy to build truck at your dealership, the dealer will get a basic soft top truck as an inventory unit. Ideally, the dealer should offer it first to reservation holders who want or need a bronco asap, but that's a dealer specific decision.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How about Ford try to fill now MY21 open orders without impact to dealer allocations starting with MY22 because now the more time that goes on, these WILL get stuck in limbo.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So options change, do we now have to pay more money for these possibly more expensive options or how is that going to work? Too many questions with no answers. Really sucks.
We have price protection for comparable options. So I wouldn’t worry about that too much. And thus far—outside of perhaps a few color choices—we haven’t heard anything about Ford removing options or dramatically changing the current options.

If you were to switch to a newly available option (like manual transmissions with Sasquatch package), then obviously that’s a brand new option and doesn’t fall under price protection.

OP
OP
mmorgan

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BRO GIVE IT TIME YOU THINK THEY KNOW ALREADY??
A large organization like Ford controls anything they can and the allocation program is something they do control. I feel like this issue HAS been discussed and possibly decided.

OP
OP
mmorgan

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They'll try to fill retail orders first. So yes, someone who places a res and order today for a soft top 2.3 manual big bend with no other options MIGHT get picked up before your early res/order truck with options that are constrained. If nobody has ordered an easy to build truck at your dealership, the dealer will get a basic soft top truck as an inventory unit. Ideally, the dealer should offer it first to reservation holders who want or need a bronco asap, but that's a dealer specific decision.
I realize MIC top constraints will impact what gets produced. Soft Tops will be built when MICs are not available.
What I find offensive is a Bronco identical to what I reserved last year but theoretically ordered today being produced and delivered before my Bronco. Nothing but the Dealer is different.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I realize MIC top constraints will impact what gets produced. Soft Tops will be built when MICs are not available.
What I find offensive is a Bronco identical to what I reserved last year but theoretically ordered today being produced and delivered before my Bronco. Nothing but the Dealer is different.
I think its important to understand that dealers aren't owned and operated by Ford Motor Company. They're third party independent businesses and they have rights separate from every other dealer. So that dealer has the right to an allocation of X amount of Broncos that year. Their allocation gets filled differently than your dealer. Your dealer could actually run out of allocation before your order is built while another dealer has plenty, even in the same region. The order and allocation process is pretty complex and there's plenty of posts here about it, but yes you'll see a lot of identical builds from later dates get pulled because of the allocation each dealer has.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mmorgan

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think its important to understand that dealers aren't owned and operated by Ford Motor Company. They're third party independent businesses and they have rights separate from every other dealer. So that dealer has the right to an allocation of X amount of Broncos that year. Their allocation gets filled differently than your dealer. Your dealer could actually run out of allocation before your order is built while another dealer has plenty, even in the same region. The order and allocation process is pretty complex and there's plenty of posts here about it, but yes you'll see a lot of identical builds from later dates get pulled because of the allocation each dealer has.
You may be absolutely correct, it would just be good to know that "Oh by the way, your dealers allocation moves you to 2023 for sure. Sorry."
I've seen plenty of talk about allocations in 2021. Now I would like clarification - yes, no, maybe - for MY 2022.
Spring of 2023 is along way off for a lot of us.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You may be absolutely correct, it would just be good to know that "Oh by the way, your dealers allocation moves you to 2023 for sure. Sorry."
Spring of 2023 is along way off for a lot of us.
Yeah for sure. I think a good dealer should share with you the position you are in, total number of orders, and what their allocation currently is.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger @ZackDanger @Ford Motor Company
Now we know that 2021 Bronco MIC production will be catastrophically curtailed, another question comes to mind: Dealer Allocations, Specifically related to MY 2022.

It seems obvious that dealers will receive a big percentage of their allocations for MY 2021 in unreserved Soft Top versions. These will not reduce substantially the number of outstanding 12+ month old reservations.

Will allocations be used for MY 2022 and will dealers like Granger be unable to fill their existing order backlog while Broncos go to other dealers for newer, more recent orders or even dealer stock?

We need some clarification from @Ford Motor Company on how allocations will affect 2022 production. It feels very unfair for new customer orders to be built WAY ahead of the older existing orders only as a result of where we placed our order. We tolerated this for MY 2021 but that should be enough. I don't want to be pushed to MY 2023 because of my dealer choice.
Firstly, thank you for including me with those big names in Bronco!

Second, it sounds like you're making some weird assumptions and jumping to negative conclusions.

Not sure why you would assume that Ford would not be able to produce the full backlog of Broncos in MY22. Based on what we know about production capacity, and assuming no significant delays (I know, I know), Ford has plenty of capacity to take care of the backlog... If they are unable to get to your order in MY22, it may be because you're clinging to options that aren't available (Mod top anyone?). If you want a Bronco sooner rather than later, Ford has the formula to get that... they're yelling it from the rooftops. If you want something else, you're at the mercy of what Ford can produce. (but don't for a second think they'd rather not build and sell you something)

Additionally, not sure why you are assuming or annoyed that some more recent reservation/order holder would receive a Bronco first... the only reason why they would is because there wasn't another earlier order holder with a build that Ford could make.

Yes yes yes... allocation per dealership... wah wah..... This has been litigated over and over again. The reason it is by dealership is because:

1. Generally speaking, statistically, whether ford did it by a national list or a dealer list, people will receive their broncos at roughly the same amount of time.

2. By doing it at the dealer level, it doesn't punish a small Mom & Pop dealership if all of their order holders are stubborn and don't want to switch to a soft top. Granger has already communicated that none of their allocated Broncos have gone to stock yet, because they have such a deep roster of orders, Ford can keep finding customer orders to pull from.

If ford did this nationally, putting order holders first no matter where they live, you small local Ford dealer trying to stay alive during this vehicle drought, would be missing out on allocation they may have literally been banking on because instead of stock orders, Granger is getting the full MY21 Bronco production.

But that's ALLLLLLLL to say, where did you hear that Ford was going to handle MY22 allocation the same as MY21 allocation? Because I haven't seen anything. Maybe they will, but it seems a little premature to assume worst-case (dealer based builds, not enough production capacity, etc etc etc) and then conclude or fear monger you'll be a MY23 because of your dealer choice. There's no evidence in the moment to support that conclusion. Not saying it'll be wrong... just premature.

Though, I really don't know anything.... honestly. That's just my opinion based on what I've learned here.

$0.02
Sponsored

Last edited: