Sponsored

2023 6th gen 4Runner - New Video, Renders & Insight (redesign - not refresh)

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does the roof come off? 😊
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does the roof come off? 😊
When your family is the type that burns from 20 minutes in the sun, there is a reason we don't care to take the top off. Further, with a fixed roof you get a quieter ride.

Many keep forgetting, off-road capability does not always mean you have to have an extreme rock crawler, many of us do not live anywhere near a rock garden so that is not really a consideration.

It's all win-win, pick the ride that works best for you, competition is great.

Last edited:

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m simultaneously sad and happy the next gen 4Runner is looking less and less enticing.
I am with you. My DD is an 2004 4Runner. That is before they decided to make them larger and add the 3rd row seat for the soccer moms. That killed the platform for me. I get it, you can’t make money designing cars/trucks for an outdoorsy couples that are smart enough not to have any kids :) I am hoping the bronco will fit the bill.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When your family is the type that burns from 20 minutes in the sun, there is a reason we don't care to take the top off. Further, with a fixed roof you get a quieter ride.

Many keep forgetting, off-road capability does not always mean you have to have an extreme rock crawler, many of us do not live anywhere near a rock garden so that is not really a consideration.

It's all win-win, pick the ride that best works for you, competition is great.
Sorry just being sarcastic. I think you gave a good argument for you to buy a 4runner. The 4Runner website would give you better/more info than the 6g site. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry just being sarcastic. I think you gave a good argument for you to buy a 4runner. The 4Runner website would give you better/more info than the 6g site. :)
I do understand the sarcasm, no worries. The differences between Ford and Toyota, Toyota knows how to keep corporate secrets. Toyota does not want to release too much information too soon and kill the cash cow that the current 4Runner is. The 4Runner websites seem to be a ghost town of information, very little info in the wild.

Ford on the other hand has paid photographers that take staged photos that Ford Marketing then releases as leaks or spy photos, then these photos magically appear on a dozen websites within a couple of hours of each other, Toyota never plays such games.

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air!

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was a redesign? Looks like they just slapped a new grill and lights on it.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I thought it was a redesign? Looks like they just slapped a new grill and lights on it.
The video is just one person's renderings, not Toyota corporate, how many renderings did we see of the Bronco that were not even close, quite a few.

The new 6th gen 4Runner is not a refresh, it is a new design, based on an entirely new platform called the TNGA-F, it will be shared with the Tundra, Tacoma and Sequoia.
Sponsored