Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm guessing the new 4Runner will be great. It'll have a modern 10-speed, the new 3.4-liter turbo v-6, and their automative grade linux based infotainment that's fantastic in the Tundra. I'd consider it if Ford takes too long to build a Bronco for me.
Sponsored

abisen

Badlands
First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would seriously consider waiting for a new 4Runner, if they make an announcement with specs and pictures. I would have gotten one already if the current gen wasn’t this old.

my ford dealer tells me that they are getting 6-7 per month and they have over 200 orders. So who knows maybe a new 4Runner may be out by the time my number comes.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's looking like 23 or 24 at this point.

Here is the latest tidbit on the 4Runner forums last week.
It will offer an I4 hybrid as mentioned to me by someone on the project, although someone else has also mentioned to me that a tune of the V35A-FTS will be making its way into the 920B Tacoma and likely 4Runner by parallel association.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drove a 22' 4runner last week and...yikes. Made me cement my wait for the Bronco for sure until a new 4runner platform is out. What an outdated interior and infotainment system! That new signature interior from the new tundra/sequoia will definitely make the 4runner look awesome.

But will it be as off road capable as a stock Bronco? That would be an FJ Cruiser relaunch we are waiting on. The approach angle just won't be there without quite a few mods, that again adds to cost. And Toyota being Toyota, they will take a safe approach and won't be adding 35' tires from the factory. A removable roof and doors also adds to the fun factor and is just a different vehicle experience that you can't get with anything else aside from Jeep.

Bronco looks good, has great modern electronics and interior but definitely is a gas guzzler. If Toyota goes hybrid like their new Tundra/Sequoia then it will get great gas mileage for what it is capable of. Regardless of what is released, it will sell well.

But for those of us who lean towards something more off road capable, Bronco it is.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only appealing thing is the reliability, and with a new design there are no guarantees.

Sponsored

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it helps, they aren’t changing the 2023 at all. So it will be at least the 2024 model before they change style/options.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The styling still doesn't say 'offroader'.

The styling says exactly what I usually see 4runners doing: 62 in a 70.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The styling still doesn't say 'offroader'.

The styling says exactly what I usually see 4runners doing: 62 in a 70.
In CO, 4Runners are going 20 over with every Expo cosplay part imaginable installed.

Anyway, the 4Runner is a perfectly capable off-roader. Not every off-roader is necessarily a rock crawler. If the focus group stuff I've been doing is any indication, they are definitely considering a manual and sway bar disconnects for the 6g 4runner. I do wonder what other off road goodies they have planned.
Sponsored