Sponsored

2023 Badlands 2 Door SAS 2.7 brake fluid leak??

ClatrnDZL

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good morning all,
When I returned home from work this morning I noticed a small puddle of fluid under the passenger side front tire area of my wife’s Bronco. The puddle was about the size of a half dollar. Upon closer inspection I noticed what appeared to be, in my best guess, Brake fluid at the bottom of the coil spring where the shock comes out.

I have googled and not found a like instance. So upon further inspection I note that the brake fluid is full to the MAX line. There is no brake fluid in the engine bay that is leaking. There is no spray or leaks anywhere else I can find. When I was giving it a thorough review I also noticed some of the same fluid at the bottom of the shock itself. I don’t see any fluid anywhere else. The leak is still leaking all be it a very very slow drip. Like one drop every 10 minutes. I had my wife depressed the brake pedal multiple times while I was underneath with no further or different leaking observed

We are still under warranty so I am not looking for a fix per-say, but I want to know if this is an issue with the shock/resovoir or the brake system. I have included a few pictures.

DCB3DDCB-94DD-40F1-AEBE-ED468DAEBC60.jpeg

2AB5C2E3-FEE8-450C-A7D4-056A7E71CA06.jpeg

82C99C0A-7BEC-45E4-8BFF-219DBEFA8A4B.jpeg
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From those pictures, it just looks like a blown/leaking shock. Nothing to do with your brake system.

OP
OP
ClatrnDZL

ClatrnDZL

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From those pictures, it just looks like a blown/leaking shock. Nothing to do with your brake system.
I’ve come to the same conclusion after spending another 30 minutes looking at it. Thank you for the response.
Sponsored