Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been noticing my reservoir gets empty really quickly and finally decided to pay attention. Bought a new bottle, poured it into reservoir and marked on the bottle how much I used. I happened to hear a drip sound on the garage floor and saw fluid actively dripping on the floor. The felt in the front passenger wheel well was wet and dripping right under the reservoir. Also noticed dripping at the felt near the rock rail area. Dripping stops after a few minutes. Over the past two days, I have not used the washer fluid function on the wipers, but have proceeded to add more fluid every few hours or so. Obviously a leak somewhere or a crack in the reservoir.

Anyone have this issue? Will be calling the dealer soon.
Ford Bronco Washer Fluid Leak - Front Wheel Well [2021 4 Dr Badlands] IMG_2438

IMG_2440.jpeg
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be aware the washer reservoir is a two piece design and you may get some leakage if you run it filled to the cap (like you'd do on most vehicles). The filler neck is connected at the top of the tank and the seal there may be leaking.

You could (if so inclined) unbolt the filler neck and check the gasket to see if it twisted or cut. If the reservoir is cracked it should be a simple fix.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been noticing my reservoir gets empty really quickly and finally decided to pay attention. Bought a new bottle, poured it into reservoir and marked on the bottle how much I used. I happened to hear a drip sound on the garage floor and saw fluid actively dripping on the floor. The felt in the front passenger wheel well was wet and dripping right under the reservoir. Also noticed dripping at the felt near the rock rail area. Dripping stops after a few minutes. Over the past two days, I have not used the washer fluid function on the wipers, but have proceeded to add more fluid every few hours or so. Obviously a leak somewhere or a crack in the reservoir.

Anyone have this issue? Will be calling the dealer soon.
Ford Bronco Washer Fluid Leak - Front Wheel Well [2021 4 Dr Badlands] IMG_2440

Ford Bronco Washer Fluid Leak - Front Wheel Well [2021 4 Dr Badlands] IMG_2440
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.ā€Æā€Æ

emore93x

Outer Banks
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2021 OBX and have the exact same issue. Noticed a puddle of fluid just under the passenger fender.
Good luck trying to get into a dealer.
They are making appointment 2 weeks out...it will be quicker to troubleshoot and fix it yourself rather than wait on Ford.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is a line that runs back for the rear wiper that runs through the passenger side too - Iā€™ve seen a few posts where the hose had just come off - itā€™s just some rubber tubing on barbed fittings and nothing but friction really holding it together

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the same problem about a year ago, the plastic weld in the bottle itself failed.

At the bottom of the reservoir. *facepalm*

bottle was swapped for a new one, and hasn't been a problem since.

JimCA

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similarly, my washer fluid reservoir spontaneously empties at the same spot within a couple hours of using it as if holding pressure or a vacuum and then releasing. Havenā€™t taken the fender off yet to figure it out.

Last edited:

emore93x

Outer Banks
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a line that runs back for the rear wiper that runs through the passenger side too - Iā€™ve seen a few posts where the hose had just come off - itā€™s just some rubber tubing on barbed fittings and nothing but friction really holding it together
That is exactly where the loose hose was.
Just followed the flood of washer fluid to the passenger foot well and found the disconnected hose.
What an awesome idea it was to create so many failure points just to run a single rubber hose line.

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same problem about a year ago, the plastic weld in the bottle itself failed.

At the bottom of the reservoir. *facepalm*

bottle was swapped for a new one, and hasn't been a problem since.

The bottle on mine has cracked , dealer ordered a new one under warranty.
Sponsored