First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2023 BD 1183 miles, getting new heads, lifters & rocker arms. Its been at the dealership 4 weeks now. Not sure how this occurred. Could some bad parts from 2021 made it into my 2023? I hear they changed the material on some internal parts that handle the heat treating process better. The parts became brittle as the engine tmp increased. From
“Silchrome lite” to “Silchrome 1”
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Considering the miles, one of the heads were probably defective from the start.

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering the miles, one of the heads were probably defective from the start.
Sounds like the Hemi Tic!!! Sucks for you we spend all this money for a brand new vehicle and this happens that’s great they are taking care of this issue!!

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought those issues were over with!
Probably unrelated to the old valve problem.

I would guess a one-off problem. Maybe a mistake during assembly, maybe a blocked oil passage.

Sponsored

Clevespeed

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know why Ford changed the manufacture of the valves anyway!
Trying to save a buck I guess! That has been a good engine over the years!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is totally different than the fiasco for the 2021 valves.

My 2.7 has lifter ticks very similar until it warms up totally...at 18k miles has been doing it since the beginning.

Motor has a 5yr 100k warranty so I'm just going to drive it.

Fyi, had this been the cam phasers, that would have been a different story and I would have gotten that fixed ASAP.

Ironically my Jeep had the same sound so I had to replace all the lifters and rocker arms because on the pentistar, that tick means your cams are getting destroyed if you continue.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2023 BD 1183 miles, getting new heads, lifters & rocker arms. Its been at the dealership 4 weeks now. Not sure how this occurred. Could some bad parts from 2021 made it into my 2023? I hear they changed the material on some internal parts that handle the heat treating process better. The parts became brittle as the engine tmp increased. From
“Silchrome lite” to “Silchrome 1”
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hi there! If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to DM us with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

OP
OP
Lilblumule

Lilblumule

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well its going back to greene ford. I went to crank the bronco today for a ride and it spins over but will not crank. After Greene ford having it for 32 days with 1183 miles on it (replacing the heads due to a broken lifter), now at 1500 miles it has problems again. If you are thinking of purchasing a bronco...RUN AWAY!!!!! I spoke to the GM and we are starting a lemon law process. I AM DONE WITH FORD. Never thought I would say that. The 2.7 is trash. I can't put my wife in it and her scared it will break down again.

Last edited:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well its going back to greene ford. I went to crank the bronco today for a ride and it spins over but will not crank. After Greene ford having it for 32 days with 1183 miles on it (replacing the heads due to a broken lifter), now at 1500 miles it has problems again. If you are thinking of purchasing a bronco...RUN AWAY!!!!! I spoke to the GM and we are starting a lemon law process. I AM DONE WITH FORD. Never thought I would say that. The 2.7 is trash. I can't put my wife in it and her scared it will break down again.
Why do people freak out when they have an issue with a vehicle , like other manufactures don't have similar problems, lol . It's sad that you ended up with a bad one but sounds like the dealer is trying to do the right thing . My wife recently purchased a Mazda CX-50 Premium Plus Turbo so I have been visiting the Mazda forum. Yesterday someone was going ballistic because there's ran hot on the interstate and the dealer is replacing the engine. They are through with Mazda's even though the dealer is doing the right thing. They could just as likely get a bad one from the next model they switch to .

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Engine was clearly defective from the start.

Dealer probably didn't do their due diligence or was hamstrung by a Ford-issued procedure to just replace the heads. Sounds like it needed a long block.
Sponsored