First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, where can I find this? @ the Website the same as the name? As for now, my sound is better, and I believe once I have my hardtop it will sound even better. But I will look to do some more to the system.
Sponsored

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another little something I’m working on. Since this Bronco is not (and never was) B&O, it will have Audiofrog badges on the dash grilles. Mocked-up for now, still have to figure out a permanent mounting solution.

IMG_0414.jpeg

Switchworks_Kyle

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a set of SSV rear pods to install 6.5 speakers, but couldn’t get my hands on 2-door versions with the associated brackets. No worries, I’ll just (you guessed it) 3D print them. Decided I would add a little matching line detail to them, even though they’re never really seen once installed…

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0414

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0414
Very impressive work and nice set up!

Sponsored
OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very impressive work and nice set up!
Wow. Just wow.
Thanks a lot! Still chipping away at it.

Since I’ll be using the add-on Bluetooth module available for the V8, I will need a remote turn-on (signal sensing turn-on only works with the factory head unit’s speaker input).

Instead of running a little blue wire all the way up to the fuse panel, I decided to pick up the power Ford uses to turn on the factory subwoofer amplifier. This presented a couple of problems: 1) the switching signal Ford uses is ~6v, the V8 requires a 12v signal and 2) I needed a receptacle to keep from cutting the factory wiring.

The solution I came up with required purchasing a couple of aftermarket parts that worked out like they’re made for this application.

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The signal I need is in the big, brown connector that plugs into the factory sub amp. I capitalized on the fact that Ford uses the same connectors across multiple models and found an adapter for a Mustang that fits perfectly.

Unfortunately, the connector is otherwise very difficult to find (and expensive when you do), so I snipped it out of the harness.

IMG_0142.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The next piece of the puzzle is converting the low voltage turn-on signal to 12v, which is exactly what the PAC TR4 is designed to do.

Everything I need to connect to is in the big, brown connector: 6v signal, 12v constant, and ground. After removing the unnecessary wires (and switching a couple of wires around to match colors), I joined the connector I snipped from the Maestro harness to the TR4 and routed its 12v switched output to the amp.

Now, the V8 (and daisy-chained M1X) will turn on and off just like the factory subwoofer amplifier, so it will work any time the stereo is on, including key off, accessory on, and retained power after shutting down until opening the door.

Plug-and-play. Win.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0422

IMG_0424.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
The next piece of the puzzle is converting the low voltage turn-on signal to 12v, which is exactly what the PAC TR4 is designed to do.

Everything I need to connect to is in the big, brown connector: 6v signal, 12v constant, and ground. After removing the unnecessary wires (and switching a couple of wires around to match colors), I joined the connector I snipped from the Maestro harness to the TR4 and routed its 12v switched output to the amp.

Now, the V8 (and daisy-chained M1X) will turn on and off just like the factory subwoofer amplifier, so it will work any time the stereo is on, including key off, accessory on, and retained power after shutting down until opening the door.

Plug-and-play. Win.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0433

Is the factory harness powered for 12v and turn on without forscan?

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is the factory harness powered for 12v and turn on without forscan?
2023 7-speaker, yes. 2023 with subwoofer delete I believe will need FORSCAN to enable power.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still chipping away at it. Got the Helix Bluetooth module installed, but the antenna doesn’t fit. Simple solution is use a coax extension and 3d-print some antenna mounting brackets. Antenna will get remote mounted once the amps are in place in the vehicle.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0647

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0650

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also finally received my conductor and installed it in the window switch panel. BA 39mm step bit and a little tweaking and it fits like it belongs there…

IMG_0663.jpeg

IMG_0669.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base

Plug-and-play. Win.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0676

I tried this same method and all worked but now my amp turns off and on whenever it wants. Not sure what went wrong. Have you had any issues with your tr4 operating?

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone run into problems at dealer with aftermarket amp, specifically for SW updates? I suppose not since most of the installs I’ve seen leave OEM in place. I ask because BMW buried CAN-BUS in the OEM amp and the original amp had to go back in for dealer visits.
Sponsored