First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having owned nothing but solid axle rigs in the past, the Bronco has been educational getting things that I wanted to work with minimal complications. I traded a 2023 Rubicon and was a little nervous going IFS but the Bronco sold me in other areas that convinced me to make the leap to an IFS vehicle.

I knew I wanted 37s so I researched some lifts for Broncos and quickly realized it could not be a space lift or any body lift since the Broncos are likely to have steering issues when lifting and going bigger than 35" tires. I also wanted to keep the center of gravity as close to stock as possible.

I did try to keep the OEM wheels, however, they rubbed the upper control arm on full turn. They did clear the everywhere else pretty well but I knew I was going to have to change them out.

So the build so far:

• Fabtech Lift - 3″ UNIBALL UCA LIFT KIT – FRONT DIRT LOGIC 2.5 RESI COILOVERS & REAR DIRT LOGIC RESI COILOVERS – Part# K2378DL(this part works with non Sasquatch rigs as well but FabTech does have 2 part numbers for this lift - not sure why they did that as there is no difference between them)
  • 37" Mickey Thompson Baja MTs 37x12.5x17
  • KMC 17x9 Wheels with a Zero Offset - KM549 GRS MIDNIGHT BLUE WITH GLOSS BLACK LIP
  • FabFours Rock Sliders
Parts on Order:

• FabTech Tie Rods
  • JRC Crusader Front and Rear Bumper
  • Rough Country Steering Rack Bushings

At the Dealer

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230721_155458

Stock with Window Tint
Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230730_125310

OEM Wheels with 37" Mickey Thompson installed.

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230802_161531

The New KMC Wheels. Poke is just right.

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230809_164852

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230809_171759

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230809_164917

FabFours Rock Sliders

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230809_171748

I was a little nervous to put the Bronco on the RTI ramp due to all my Jeep buddies were just looking for a reason to give me Sh*t. I did notice that after they all looked at the interior, they realized that there were many pros to the Bronco, but Jeepers are strange bunch and they wont admit to easily they like some aspects of the Bronco over the Jeep.

Depending on how you plan to wheel, some folks are just gong to prefer the Jeep over the Bronco, especially if its not their daily and have to suffer in cramped interior of the Jeep everyday. I do have a Ram truck but its not my daily and driving the Bronco daily is much more pleasurable then the Jeep. I felt like I had a bit more I could have gone up the ramp, but the spotter just wanted the Bronco off his ramp I think . :p:cool::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230805_092424

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build 20230805_092453
Sponsored

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice! I've got a carbonized gray 4 door badlands sasquatch as well! How are those Mickey Thompson MTs out on the highway? Noise level? They look fantastic!!

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I've got a carbonized gray 4 door badlands sasquatch as well! How are those Mickey Thompson MTs out on the highway? Noise level? They look fantastic!!

For a MT tire they are really quiet. I can hear them hum very slightly in the cab at freeway speeds if the radio is turned way down. In town I do not notice them at all. They ride smooth at 80mph with cruise control.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love everything you got going on here EXCEPT for those body mount rock rails. A friend of mine in our off-road club has them and they keep bending up where she can't open her doors. Such a terrible idea. It works for the factory sliders because they don't stick out but when you put that kind of a lever on the end it just spells trouble...

If you're going to do any major rock crawling dump those and get some true frame mount rails. Mine are from RCI and they don't move period. Bolt on, no drilling or cutting brackets off or anything.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what RTI did you get? Interesting to see that you dont need to remove the flare at full jounce. Curious what the compressed length is on those Fabtecs/

I have not officially RTI'd mine, but I also have 0mm offset 37x12.5's I have to take my flare off to get full stuff. Running just a 1" level on stock badlands (non-sas) coilovers. The flex is incredible for stock IFS but I definitely am in danger of kissing my fenders if I hit some whoops at speed. Need a more appropriate solution eventually.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having owned nothing but solid axle rigs in the past, the Bronco has been educational getting things that I wanted to work with minimal complications. I traded a 2023 Rubicon and was a little nervous going IFS but the Bronco sold me in other areas that convinced me to make the leap to an IFS vehicle.

I knew I wanted 37s so I researched some lifts for Broncos and quickly realized it could not be a space lift or any body lift since the Broncos are likely to have steering issues when lifting and going bigger than 35" tires. I also wanted to keep the center of gravity as close to stock as possible.

I did try to keep the OEM wheels, however, they rubbed the upper control arm on full turn. They did clear the everywhere else pretty well but I knew I was going to have to change them out.

So the build so far:

• Fabtech Lift - 3″ UNIBALL UCA LIFT KIT – FRONT DIRT LOGIC 2.5 RESI COILOVERS & REAR DIRT LOGIC RESI COILOVERS – Part# K2378DL(this part works with non Sasquatch rigs as well but FabTech does have 2 part numbers for this lift - not sure why they did that as there is no difference between them)
  • 37" Mickey Thompson Baja MTs 37x12.5x17
  • KMC 17x9 Wheels with a Zero Offset - KM549 GRS MIDNIGHT BLUE WITH GLOSS BLACK LIP
  • FabFours Rock Sliders
Parts on Order:

• FabTech Tie Rods
  • JRC Crusader Front and Rear Bumper
  • Rough Country Steering Rack Bushings

At the Dealer

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build IMG_0637

Stock with Window Tint

OEM Wheels with 37" Mickey Thompson installed.

The New KMC Wheels. Poke is just right.

FabFours Rock Sliders

I was a little nervous to put the Bronco on the RTI ramp due to all my Jeep buddies were just looking for a reason to give me Sh*t. I did notice that after they all looked at the interior, they realized that there were many pros to the Bronco, but Jeepers are strange bunch and they wont admit to easily they like some aspects of the Bronco over the Jeep.

Depending on how you plan to wheel, some folks are just gong to prefer the Jeep over the Bronco, especially if its not their daily and have to suffer in cramped interior of the Jeep everyday. I do have a Ram truck but its not my daily and driving the Bronco daily is much more pleasurable then the Jeep. I felt like I had a bit more I could have gone up the ramp, but the spotter just wanted the Bronco off his ramp I think . :p:cool::LOL::ROFLMAO:

After renting a Gladiator for a 2000 mile trip, wow what a difference. The only way I could see making that kind of sacrifice is if your only interest is rock crawling.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what RTI did you get? Interesting to see that you dont need to remove the flare at full jounce. Curious what the compressed length is on those Fabtecs/

I have not officially RTI'd mine, but I also have 0mm offset 37x12.5's I have to take my flare off to get full stuff. Running just a 1" level on stock badlands (non-sas) coilovers. The flex is incredible for stock IFS but I definitely am in danger of kissing my fenders if I hit some whoops at speed. Need a more appropriate solution eventually.
The solution is aftermarket fenders. I took my flares off and still rub at full stuff (37's, Eibach 2.0 Coilovers, 1" wheel spacers on factory SAS wheels, DV8 inner fenders, Icon UCAs).

I still need to RTI mine as well... Metalcloak had their CTI trailer at one of our events earlier this year but I didn't get a chance to get on it.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The solution is aftermarket fenders. I took my flares off and still rub at full stuff (37's, Eibach 2.0 Coilovers, 1" wheel spacers on factory SAS wheels, DV8 inner fenders, Icon UCAs).

I still need to RTI mine as well... Metalcloak had their CTI trailer at one of our events earlier this year but I didn't get a chance to get on it.
Yea, I agree, fenders are the best solution. but it seems we only have a couple options that really increase clearance, 3 if you count the unobtanium APG kit lol. Wish there was someone willing to make a basic OEM clone that just raises the wheel arch and doesnt break the bank.

Sponsored

Sjortiz

Badlands
First Name
Shailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we got the same truck, I took a different approach with mine but I like yours.

here is my build for context:
steering rack: stage 3 setup from 74weld (raptor steering rack + billet housing)
fox dsc 2.5 front and rear
camburg UCAs
camburg lower trailing arms
bf km3 37"
icon rebound pros inner bead lock wheels

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love everything you got going on here EXCEPT for those body mount rock rails. A friend of mine in our off-road club has them and they keep bending up where she can't open her doors. Such a terrible idea. It works for the factory sliders because they don't stick out but when you put that kind of a lever on the end it just spells trouble...

If you're going to do any major rock crawling dump those and get some true frame mount rails. Mine are from RCI and they don't move period. Bolt on, no drilling or cutting brackets off or anything.

FabFour claims they have stress tested these and the y will hold up. I guess we will find out. I have had aluminum sliders on jeeps that held up fine as long as you do not drop the entire vehicle weight on them, like dropping off a rock. Pivoting around a boulder or sliding should not be an issue.

What wall thickness and brand off slider is she using?

Probably wont be doing teh same trails like the XJ....but you never know!

Ford Bronco 2023 Carbonized Gray Sasquatch Badlands - Holy IFS Build FB_IMG_1514860257663

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I didn't get the RTI number, I forgot to ask. Even if it rubs the flare on full stuff, I am not to worried about it since they are just plastic. I do like the fender delete look, but I am already getting rocks etc hitting the doors.

I looked at aftermarket fenders....but the are all ugly. Some of the fiberglass ones are nice...but not a good idea for rocks.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After renting a Gladiator for a 2000 mile trip, wow what a difference. The only way I could see making that kind of sacrifice is if your only interest is rock crawling.
Honestly I had no idea hoe cramped the Jeep was until I sat in the Bronco. Then i was like ok...lets drive this Biatch.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we got the same truck, I took a different approach with mine but I like yours.

here is my build for context:
steering rack: stage 3 setup from 74weld (raptor steering rack + billet housing)
fox dsc 2.5 front and rear
camburg UCAs
camburg lower trailing arms
bf km3 37"
icon rebound pros inner bead lock wheels

I like the 74Weld setup. I am going to wait til I break the stock one. How long did it take to get it back after sending yours in to swap internals?
Sponsored