First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 ZX-10R, '21 Z H2 SE, '13 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A standard Badlands with 33s will get you a long ways. I did the Bronco Off-Rodeo this past Friday, and there was one standard Badlands in our group - they made it everywhere everyone else did with Sasquatch-equipped Broncos and didn't hit or drag. If you're going to modify anyway, then maybe save the money on the initial outlay??
Sponsored

Leafy

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 Door Badlands, Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We opted for badlands non-sas on our manual 2 door. For 24 the only difference between the two is ugly flares, ugly wheels, meh tires that happen to be 35s, and a $300 strut spacer lift for an extra 6k. If my wife decides she wants the lift and 35s on her car well buy them and wheels that aren’t hideous that are also the correct offset to not need larger flares.

GoodThunder

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Badlands, Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I landed on a Non-SAS Badlands as I knew I wanted after market wheels and tires, and the SAS option seemed too expensive for what you got on that trim, especially since I was going to replace the wheels/tires anyway. I was also debating a Wildtrak and OBX, but getting the interior I wanted and where I was ultimately headed with after market stuff pushed me to the Badlands. I ended up swapping out the shocks to the Bilstein 6100's myself mainly to dial in the small amount of lift I was aiming for (like 0.5" higher than a SAS and leveled). If I wanted more lift for 37s or whatever, I'd probably have gone with the Eibach's.

I also painted my grill black like a Wildtrak and had fenders/handles/mirror caps paint matched to look more like an OBX...so in the end it looks like a combo of all 3 trims and has a slightly upgraded suspension over a SAS model.

Ford Bronco 2024 Badlands - to SAS or Not IMG_2526

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A standard Badlands with 33s will get you a long ways. I did the Bronco Off-Rodeo this past Friday, and there was one standard Badlands in our group - they made it everywhere everyone else did with Sasquatch-equipped Broncos and didn't hit or drag. If you're going to modify anyway, then maybe save the money on the initial outlay??
Isn't the actual difference in ground clearance for a Badlands with/without Sasquatch less than an inch?

Not to mention, here in eastern woodlands, you're more likely to be limited by your vehicle's width than its ground clearance/approach/departure angles. As it stands, I almost always go off-road with the Polaris Ranger because most of the trails I use are too narrow for my Bronco. Wider fenders+track would only make that problem worse.

Syringe

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 ZX-10R, '21 Z H2 SE, '13 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think suspension wise, you are correct - less than an additional inch of lift. Having 35" tires on the sasquatch units may help some as well. I would say sasquatch 2 doors feel a bit more softly sprung compared with the standard badlands suspension to my carcass, anyway.

Sponsored

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I waffled about the Sas package but I need to pay this off in the next year. Seen too many upgrades people made to their Sas components, so the extra $8k for Sas ultimately didn’t make sense.
I have front locker envy, but I never even needed a rear locker in the past for the kind of off-roading I do.
I figured if that changes in the future, there would be lots of used front ELDs available by then.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a '21MY BL Non-SAS with "Mid" option package. Loved it. Put 45K or so miles on it. I replaced it with a '24 MY BL SAS with "Lux" option package. Loving it more, but no real regrets with either one. Love SAS and I really love Lux's adaptive cruise (and visor Homelink). B&O option is meh... 12" display is nice, but all models get that now... '24MY also has the orange stitching on dash and center counsel. There is also a cup holder in rear seat if that is important to you...

Back in 2000 when I ordered the '21MY, I thought SAS would be too noisy on the road as I do a fair amount of HWY driving. It is not. If ordering a 3rd time around, I would go BL with SAS (and Lux).

Both Carbonite Gray by the way...

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
What’s different with the suspension? Thought it was the same except for a 1” increase in height.
Forgive me. I have a 2024, which as you know received many critical improvements.
We really can't compare pre-2024s and 2024-on. Agreed?

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So here is where I am at, would love others input as it has been awhile since I have had a truck.

After researching the Hoss 3.0 and reading your comments, I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc. It appears the WT is designed for high speed Baja.

My only real concern is street comfort (I know the Bronco is not built for comfort but also don't want it to ride like a Wrangler) and being able to fit 37's.

The only thing I am "missing" from a 24 Badlands build to a 23/24 WT is the Hoss 3.0 and the price difference in those builds for me is $3820 MSRP.

My thoughts are that I want the 24 Badlands, mostly because of the new interior and the upgraded front parts that are standard. Read that the Bilsteins are more for rock crawling too. And if the Bilsteins aren't comfy enough then I can get the Eibachs for $1900 or something nicer for $4000 right?

So the 2nd question is that if I do get the 24 BL, do I get the SAS on the 24 for an extra $3245? The only thing I would be getting is the 4.7, diff wheels/tires and slightly different fenders correct? So for me it is really just the 4.7 and fenders if I am keeping them since wheels/tires will be replaced.

Quote Reply
Sounds like for your use, save your money for accessories and go non SAS.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive me. I have a 2024, which as you know received many critical improvements.
We really can't compare pre-2024s and 2024-on. Agreed?
The rack is the only material difference, and that has nothing to do with Sas or not.

I wouldn't change a thing on my non-Sas BL with the optional wheels, except the shitty hard top.

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"I'm so glad I didn't get the Sasquatch package!" said no one ever.
Or you know, those of us with a manual badlands that didn't feel like paying the entire sasquatch option price just for wheels and tires.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or you know, those of us with a manual badlands that didn't feel like paying the entire sasquatch option price just for wheels and tires.
You're right I should have written "...said few people ever."

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting, on the Ford website, it shows the only difference between SAS and NON to be " high clearance ride height "
Who are you going to believe? Your lying eyes or the Ford website?

WildHorseJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like the Bilsteins in the Sasquatch package ride quite well for what they are. Likely good enough to hold you over until you decide to upgrade later on.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In another life my job required 24/7/365 off road and mountain top driving. Back then we were given 3/4 ton 4X4 trucks. Most had manual transmissions.

I was originally going to get a Black Diamond, then switched to a BL manual with the high package. I wanted the Bilsteins for washboard roads. I'm firmly convinced it will go anywhere I'll ever want to go. I have no interest in rock crawling because there is almost always an alternative route. Wider tires work against you on loose rock and in snow. You're more likely to slip and slide. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

Last edited: