First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here is where I am at, would love others input as it has been awhile since I have had a truck.

After researching the Hoss 3.0 and reading your comments, I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc. It appears the WT is designed for high speed Baja.

My only real concern is street comfort (I know the Bronco is not built for comfort but also don't want it to ride like a Wrangler) and being able to fit 37's.

The only thing I am "missing" from a 24 Badlands build to a 23/24 WT is the Hoss 3.0 and the price difference in those builds for me is $3820 MSRP.

My thoughts are that I want the 24 Badlands, mostly because of the new interior and the upgraded front parts that are standard. Read that the Bilsteins are more for rock crawling too. And if the Bilsteins aren't comfy enough then I can get the Eibachs for $1900 or something nicer for $4000 right?

So the 2nd question is that if I do get the 24 BL, do I get the SAS on the 24 for an extra $3245? The only thing I would be getting is the 4.7, diff wheels/tires and slightly different fenders correct? So for me it is really just the 4.7 and fenders if I am keeping them since wheels/tires will be replaced.

Quote Reply
What you are saying you want to do with your Bronco doesn't match what you say you want to do to your Bronco. The non-Sas (not SAS) Badlands is far more capable than your use intentions are. If you are talking about 37s, you're talking about purely a cosmetic change, not a functional change. But if you go 37s, you will sacrifice in several areas. If you are prepared to sacrifice some ride comfort, handling, and especially gas mileage to the altar of the big tire gods, then have at it. But if you prefer ride comfort matched with plenty of capability, even the Badlands model is probably overkill. But at least it's within reason. Depending on how far you plan to take that cosmetic upgrade, you are solidly into 4 figures up to 5 figures of part replacements and option boxes checked.

Are you planning to do more than this?

Or this?

Both of those were done with a non-Sas Badlands. The second video was with wet tires. The Badlands is way more capable than most people realize, even without the Sasquatch package.

The answer to your question lies in whether you're paying for looks, because you certainly don't need it for capability based on your stated use case.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What you are saying you want to do with your Bronco doesn't match what you say you want to do to your Bronco. The non-Sas (not SAS) Badlands is far more capable than your use intentions are. If you are talking about 37s, you're talking about purely a cosmetic change, not a functional change. But if you go 37s, you will sacrifice in several areas. If you are prepared to sacrifice some ride comfort, handling, and especially gas mileage to the altar of the big tire gods, then have at it. But if you prefer ride comfort matched with plenty of capability, even the Badlands model is probably overkill. But at least it's within reason. Depending on how far you plan to take that cosmetic upgrade, you are solidly into 4 figures up to 5 figures of part replacements and option boxes checked.

Are you planning to do more than this?

Or this?

Both of those were done with a non-Sas Badlands. The second video was with wet tires. The Badlands is way more capable than most people realize, even without the Sasquatch package.

The answer to your question lies in whether you're paying for looks, because you certainly don't need it for capability based on your stated use case.
Quite seriously, I could have done both of those things in my OBX. It's shockingly capable.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"I'm so glad I didn't get the Sasquatch package!" said no one ever.
I said it. :) But then I never considered getting it.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I'm on 33's now with 5100's set at 1" of lift (same as Sasquatch, more than Badlands). Even if I go to 35's and add a FP M210 locker I'm still cheaper. But I turn my own wrenches, which seems to be out of style these days.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2cents…badlands is basically a Sasquatch on 33s…no more capable than any other trim Sasquatch (except for the sway bar disconnect). The only reason to get a badlands is for wanted options offered…anyone planning on adding 37s would be silly to order Sasquatch on top of basic badlands…after driving a non-Sasquatch badlands at off Roadeo that scraped on nothing (everything) it was clear I would need lift and 37s…but for most folks badlands or Sasquatch is way overkill…

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely said that. Especially after the early complaints about the Goodyear tires, but then again after I went off-road and realized that Sas is really just a pricey appearance package in terms of capabilities that I need.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nine pages of people home teaming their models and pimping their decisions, lots of slagging on others decisions, backbiting of "spending too much" for blah blah (lol), and a tasty aside about burnt meat and a tedious amount of acronym shaming and abbreviation gate keepting.

If you want a nice a looking tall 4x4 and want it factory, get the BL or BL Sas. If those are just not enough but you'd still like factory fit, go Braptor. Those come with warranties on most things. You will eventually wear your tires and shocks out.

If you really want an even taller truck, look at mods but perhaps keep in mind overall budget. Know that you will spend money (😲) on factory parts you replace. Dems the breaks.

I don't think you'll make a bad decision unless you just really beat yourself up for one of the several deadly sins others seem to think you'll make. I personally think you'll be fine. I think I might've been better served with a WT, but by no means am I unhappy with my BL Sas.

Now, let's talk about the floppy windows and useless sunshades... lol :whistle:

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here is where I am at, would love others input as it has been awhile since I have had a truck.

After researching the Hoss 3.0 and reading your comments, I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc. It appears the WT is designed for high speed Baja.

My only real concern is street comfort (I know the Bronco is not built for comfort but also don't want it to ride like a Wrangler) and being able to fit 37's.

The only thing I am "missing" from a 24 Badlands build to a 23/24 WT is the Hoss 3.0 and the price difference in those builds for me is $3820 MSRP.

My thoughts are that I want the 24 Badlands, mostly because of the new interior and the upgraded front parts that are standard. Read that the Bilsteins are more for rock crawling too. And if the Bilsteins aren't comfy enough then I can get the Eibachs for $1900 or something nicer for $4000 right?

So the 2nd question is that if I do get the 24 BL, do I get the SAS on the 24 for an extra $3245? The only thing I would be getting is the 4.7, diff wheels/tires and slightly different fenders correct? So for me it is really just the 4.7 and fenders if I am keeping them since wheels/tires will be replaced.

Quote Reply
23 badlands 2 door. I could not justify the sas. Didn't see any value for me. I drove it twice 2000 mile trips last year. very happy with the ride and road manners. ..plus, sas is just enough taller that I'd have trouble getting in and it would not fit in my garage.

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford engineers put a hell of a lot of time and effort into developing the Bronco. I think you will be very well-served in Moab, Big Bend, or just about anywhere else with the Sasquatch package and you won't experience an ounce of regret with daily handling. I'd much rather have the factory Sasquatch package versus trying to cobble something together after the fact - you might wind up with a Frankenstein vehicle that you'll regret. I might catch heat for this statement, but I respect and trust Ford's engineers more than aftermarket companies and off-road shops, many of whom claim to know better than those engineers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford engineers put a hell of a lot of time and effort into developing the Bronco. I think you will be very well-served in Moab, Big Bend, or just about anywhere else with the Sasquatch package and you won't experience an ounce of regret with daily handling. I'd much rather have the factory Sasquatch package versus trying to cobble something together after the fact - you might wind up with a Frankenstein vehicle that you'll regret. I might catch heat for this statement, but I respect and trust Ford's engineers more than than aftermarket companies and off-road shops, many of whom claim to know better than those engineers.
Completely agree. Well worth the $3800 or so with discounts for the shocks, 5 rims, and tires. At today's prices though, might rethink.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford engineers put a hell of a lot of time and effort into developing the Bronco. I think you will be very well-served in Moab, Big Bend, or just about anywhere else with the Sasquatch package and you won't experience an ounce of regret with daily handling. I'd much rather have the factory Sasquatch package versus trying to cobble something together after the fact - you might wind up with a Frankenstein vehicle that you'll regret. I might catch heat for this statement, but I respect and trust Ford's engineers more than than aftermarket companies and off-road shops, many of whom claim to know better than those engineers.
Sas is a nice package for those who have a real use for the functionality. But the OP wrote this: "I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc." That doesn't necessarily sound "Sas Worthy" to me. ;)

So many of these threads start with a premise of light (or even sometimes no) off-roading, and then somehow morph into why Sas, 37s, HOSS 3.0 etc are needed.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sas is a nice package for those who have a real use for the functionality. But the OP wrote this: "I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc." That doesn't necessarily sound "Sas Worthy" to me. ;)

So many of these threads start with a premise of light (or even sometimes no) off-roading, and then somehow morph into why Sas, 37s, HOSS 3.0 etc are needed.

So you're going to argue with the OP they don't need 37's or aftermarket shocks? You definitely don't need 37's (and they are expensive!) and changing the shocks for ride comfort on a Sasquatch when the OP may have never driven one is suspect at best. If you want plush, sure, go WT or aftermarket, but do you need it?

All this YAGNI.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you're going to argue with the OP they don't need 37's or aftermarket shocks? You definitely don't need 37's (and they are expensive!) and changing the shocks for ride comfort on a Sasquatch when the OP may have never driven one is suspect at best. If you want plush, sure, go WT or aftermarket, but do you need it?

All this YAGNI.
Look, we both know that you can't be caught at the mall on anything less than 37s! Even portals are becoming a necessity for mall crawling.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You definitely don't need 37's (and they are expensive!)
Amazing how many people don't consider the cost of new tires. I like my K02s, they were basically free since they came with the Bronco. I also checked what it would cost to replace them before ordering my Bronco.
Sponsored