bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer has been a bit cagey about it so I said, "look, I'm just trying to make sure I'm getting the fairest deal possible.

Also check out this dealer in Iowa..."
Sponsored

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's what I don't understand. I understand why some dealers will attempt to price something on the lot with ADM. Think 2018 - park a shiny new Raptor on the lot, and someone will pay what they are asking for. However in this instance, we've placed reservations, and are effectively telling Ford where we would like our Broncos directed. It's not like the dealer can sell the Bronco we have reserved to someone else willing to pay more. If we move our reservation elsewhere, they will lose the sale. They aren't making a sale out of inventory - they are selling a reserved car ordered direct through Ford. So charging ADM on reserved Broncos seems counter-intuitive to me.

Of course, unless someone is willing to pay it.
I 100% agree with this. This is different for dealers than the typical allocation setup so I'm sure it's an adjustment.

schase

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've spoken to a couple dealers here in SoCal and in Denver and all of them have said they will not charge any additional dealer fees regardless of the trim level. Good guys are out there...

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We really need confirmation of being able to switch dealers with the reservation.
You can, my dealership I signed up with showed me on Ford literature they gave to dealers. You can switch reservation dealerships. In fact they said they've had customers switch because of their pricing.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what is super annoying. You should be able to preorder and not worry about the prices announced be marked up. What's the point of a reservation. Whether you like Tesla or not, I like their no nonsense the price is the price and your position in line is when you will get to exercise that price.
It hurts when you have a limited number of dealers to work with.

In this 'new normal', I'd consider using one of the dealer members on this site who are willing and able to get you what you want without a dealer premium fee.

At the very least, you will have additional options.

I feel confident things at my dealership will go smoothly, however I would be open to sending my business (and a friends) to someone who could make a fairer deal.

Luckily, we have several months before the final price is ever an issue.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My local dealer (Southeast Texas) just told me their ADM is $5K on the Sport and $15K on the Bronco. Looks like I'm finding a new local dealer.
A number of the Austin dealers have told me MSRP no markup, there is a dealer in Tomball TX that was advertising no additional markup.

wolfman064

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Land Rover Discovery TD6
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A number of the Austin dealers have told me MSRP no markup, there is a dealer in Tomball TX that was advertising no additional markup.
Was that Tomball Ford?

area51firstbadlands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've spoken to a couple dealers here in SoCal and in Denver and all of them have said they will not charge any additional dealer fees regardless of the trim level. Good guys are out there...
Get it in writing! Hope mine will do this.

Sponsored

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
just got from Serramonte Ford in northern CA

"Congrats on getting the order in on time to reserve the First Edition – we’ve had a lot of calls this morning from customers asking how they can reserve one now that they show sold out. Ford has not disclosed yet whether there will be X Plan pricing available on the Bronco, but due to the unprecedented demand and the extremely limited production of the First Edition we would not be able to honor an X Plan price on this model even if they had it. We are planning on marking up the First Edition over MSRP, as it will be one of only 3500 made and each dealer will be lucky to get 1 or 2 in total."

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting on the line with Ford to change my dealer selection. Will report back.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@ $6.34 a pop that may cost a few bucks... Yeah I bought my 10 shares yesterday just for the fun of it.

Do like I did, Mustang Club of America $25 membership, x-plan pricing in 60 days.
Looks like I will need to join the Mustang Club of America, thanks for the info!