Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd absolutely be interested. I'm 9 months in on my 4D Badsquatch and have 15k miles on it - so by the time those actually materialize, I might be ready for a new one, but I think I'll wait for the 2nd year model .. you know, just in case there are any hiccups ...

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless you can do your daily commutes on one charge, say 40 to 50 miles, it's not really worth it to me.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m interested. If they can get 25-30 miles on electric only they will sell a ton. I think the Jeep 4xe is the best selling hybrid in America.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Having had a 4xe Rubicon for few months before I had to sell it and have a friend with 4xe Sahara. A plug in Bronco would be amazing. 20-30 mile Electric range and having power of the Bronco raptor. Best of both worlds. Bring it on Ford.

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're in the minority with that opinion. The best selling PHEV last year was the Wrangler 4xe. Ford would be dumb to ignore the demand.
It may be a minorty opinion but its also the reality. This "environmental friendly" push is a flash in the pan advanced by moneyed interests and asinine arguments from radicals. Just wait. When the economic reality sets in around the raw materials this will all blow over.

It literally can't happen. There are not enough rare earths to scale Ev or hybrid in any meangful way. It's a difficult fact for a lot of people but that's the hard reality in the field.

Enjoy the trail, brother.

Last edited:

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From the minds that brought you MIC 1, failed engines, Dirt Mountain, MIC 2, Ice Mountain, and Seatbelt Latch recall … comes the most sophisticated and easy-to-screw-up piece of off-road-capable powertrain technology ever assembled …

Ford Bronco 2025 Bronco Hybrid Rumors 20230725_200358
So Jeep can do, GMC can do it with the Hummer EV, but Ford can't?

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iit may be a minorty opinion but its also the reality opinion. Thus "environmental friendly" push is a flash in the pan advanced by moneyed interests and asinine arguments from radicals. Just wait. When the economic reality sets in around the raw materials this will all blow over.

It literally can't happen. There are not enough rare earths to scale Ev or hybrid in any meangful way. It's a difficult fact for a lot of people but that's the hard reality in the field.

Enjoy the trail, brother.
It's also a fact that oil won't last forever and alternatives have got to be developed and put into service. You cant wait until the last drip of oil is extracted from the ground and then say, what do we do now.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's also a fact that oil won't last forever and alternatives have got to be developed and put into service. You cant wait until the last drip of oil is extracted from the ground and then say, what do we do now.
Brother, in North America alone there is enough raw crude to keep the world running for at least 300 years at current projected use increases for petroleum and natural gas. Don't even get me started on the global documented supply....

Conversly, One Trans pacific ocean liner transporting rare earths accross the ocean to make evs and hybrids releases more co2 in a round trip than all of North America's vehicles combined.

It's not going to happen and ev/hybrid literally can't work at scale. I'm sorry, but these are the difficult facts of the mining industry y'all need to get wise too real quick.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You're in the minority with that opinion. The best selling PHEV last year was the Wrangler 4xe. Ford would be dumb to ignore the demand.
Yes, he is because the minority are independent thinkers.
Most jeep and bronco owners buy nothing more than an “image”. A mask to pretend they are interesting people and look cool. Then the hybrid or electric crowd (who’s super popular now) just worship their EPA Demi-gods and smugly talk greater mpg and enviro virtue signal… I personally think it’s because they are just huge fans of child labor and The work of the artisan minors in the Congo but if we can get more mpg out of a giant brick on 35’s let the mine dwellers work!!!
For those who want to use their vehicles off grid or on the rocks the idea of all the additional weight, complexity and batteries.. well it’s not attractive at all.
There are plenty of options out there to hybrid why can’t they leave Jeeps and broncos out of it.
Want fuel economy? Buy a Prius.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The PHEV is definitely a powertrain needed in the Bronco lineup. I just hope that Ford can deliver it and meet expectations. With an 18 KWh battery expect an electric motor delivering 150 horsepower.

EV range would be best with a Big Bend or OBX non Squatch trim. But I would expect plenty of demand for Squatched models.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Brother, in North America alone there is enough raw crude to keep the world running for at least 300 years at current projected use increases for petroleum and natural gas. Don't even get me started on the global documented supply....

Conversly, One Trans pacific ocean liner transporting rare earths accross the ocean to make evs and hybrids releases more co2 in a round trip than all of North America's vehicles combined.

It's not going to happen and ev/hybrid literally can't work at scale. I'm sorry, but these are the difficult facts of the mining industry y'all need to get wise too real quick.
Every 3rd or 4th vehicle I see is hybrid or EV. It’s happened.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every 3rd or 4th vehicle I see is hybrid or EV. It’s happened.
You must live in a temperate urban area. During the cold winters where I live they lose something like 50-70% of the battery capacity to the colder climate. We dont see them last long due to the liability they cause. It's just totally impractical to have them here other than as a status symbol and for the tax break.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would be interested in a hybrid bronco. Heck yes! A hybrid coyote v8 and 2.7l twin turbo. That makes a supercharged v8. Let’s go!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No use for it. Will it come with fake turbo sounds? Will those sounds be subscription based? I have always said. Easy as in an ice vehicle has been done. Current hybrid or electric vehicles are a bandaid. This is not the end product. I don’t think we know what it will be yet. But it’s not a 30 mile range hybrid or sitting at a Target for hours charging.
Maybe full service stations will make a come back and an attendant will perform a battery swap. Like my lawn mower where a battery makes sense.
Sponsored