John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My engine temp has been up to 220 degrees, is that normal?
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s your oil temp. Yes that’s normal depending on driving conditions and outside temperature. Mine is usually around 190-205 depending on city or highway. I’m guessing it’s either really hot where you live or you were driving fast.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My engine oil temp and transmission temp run around 220 often, seems normal. Just FYI, what we used to know as engine temp is really coolant temp which shows on the bar gauge below the analog speedo. Mine usually runs three or four bars, whatever that is, but well below the H where you need to worry. The digital info is oil temp and transmission temp, which we used to be blissfully ignorant of.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. 190 - 220º F is “normal”.

I don’t know when the warning light will illuminate… but if you get up to 245º - 250º range… it’s getting toasty.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes you feel any better, motor oil is tested for viscosity at 100* C which is 212 F. So that’s pretty much the wheelhouse for where they expect it to operate.
C5E692AA-6908-4E9E-A782-4A9835DB64D4.jpeg

Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I was doing the Bronco Off Roadeo in Moab on a hot 90 degree day the temperature was in the 230s.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My engine oil temp got up to 242 degrees the other day while towing up a mountain. I did a little research and found TFL's video of them towing with their Bronco. Their oil temp got up to 244 degrees. This is a little warm for my liking but still wasn't into the "red" so I guess it's alright. :oops:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have noticed mine will run 195-205 maybe 210 pretty consistently with the top fully on/latched & AC on. In the same temps/driving type, but with the soft top back (position 1) and the AC off, I will more regularly see temps around 220. I have noticed a very consistent difference here. I think the extra drag from the soft top might add just enough resistance to make the engine work a lil harder and/or the AC being on/off also plays a part with the thermostat opening, and/or fan operation etc. I found it to be interesting how consistent it would run 10-15 degrees hotter when the top is back though, lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that with your ac on or off? My Bronco runs under 200 all day with the ac on but a few minutes after I turn the ac off the temp stays between 210 and 225.
That's with the top down and the AC off. I was wondering if the AC being off was causing it to run a little hotter. I guess so. Thanks!

OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have noticed mine will run 195-205 maybe 210 pretty consistently with the top fully on/latched & AC on. In the same temps/driving type, but with the soft top back (position 1) and the AC off, I will more regularly see temps around 220. I have noticed a very consistent difference here. I think the extra drag from the soft top might add just enough resistance to make the engine work a lil harder and/or the AC being on/off also plays a part with the thermostat opening, and/or fan operation etc. I found it to be interesting how consistent it would run 10-15 degrees hotter when the top is back though, lol.
Thank you!

OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My engine oil temp got up to 242 degrees the other day while towing up a mountain. I did a little research and found TFL's video of them towing with their Bronco. Their oil temp got up to 244 degrees. This is a little warm for my liking but still wasn't into the "red" so I guess it's alright. :oops:
interesting

OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My engine oil temp and transmission temp run around 220 often, seems normal. Just FYI, what we used to know as engine temp is really coolant temp which shows on the bar gauge below the analog speedo. Mine usually runs three or four bars, whatever that is, but well below the H where you need to worry. The digital info is oil temp and transmission temp, which we used to be blissfully ignorant of.
I see. Thank you.
Sponsored