Sponsored

$2500 for cancelling? - Ford doesn't communicate well again!

OP
OP
TrailDust

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP was so aggressive and grumpy and then…just like that…a quick “I was wrong” with no apology for being unnecessarily irate. 🙄

It gets a little…err…toxic on here sometimes, doesn’t it?

Where did I say I was wrong? I spoke to at least 6 different CSR's at Ford, not a single one knew anything about the process to cancel. Not a single one was willing to help me until the last one that told me to ask the cancelling dealer if it was entered correctly, she must have known something but didn't get into specifics like Tim did.

The dealer I bought from made multiple calls, and again not a single Ford contact they spoke with had correct information. And these were inside contacts.

I contacted Samantha after learning there might be an extra step when canceling and she started looking into it, still haven't heard back but at least someone was helping. Last I heard was even if I got the $2500 it wouldn't apply to a green sticker order, and yet again, that information just might be wrong. Yeah, gets a person grumpy.

Now Tim @ Long McArthur confirms that yes, the cancellation has to be done through COVP. There is an extra step or process. He has actual Ford communication that states this. Why doesn't anyone at Ford have this? It also appears green sticker abandoned orders might be eligible for the $2500 rebate - that's a good thing for a lot of people cancelling.

Thanks for him being on top of things. (y);)
Sponsored

rbasham72

Badlands
First Name
Rowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if I purchased a new Bronco off a lot from a different dealer than I ordered from? I still have an order I place for a SAS/LUX/Hard Top. Could I cancel and get a $2500 credit after the purchase? Anyone have this experience?

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you seen this published or been able to redeem the $2,500 on an abandoned unit? I believe you, just haven't seen anything from my rep yet to clarify if "stock" means any unit on the ground or just blue stickers.
Yes, on 2 available Bronco with 2 Wildtrak customers that received the $2500 private offer for canceling and taking the available Bronco.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure be nice if they'd spell that out in the FAQ instead of just saying "in stock".

BRON23

Wildtrak
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I found an abandoned order, made the deal and tried to apply my private offer PP cert. That didn't work since it wasn't for my order. So I go ahead and cancel to at least get the $2500. Dealer has been gracious waiting to do all the paperwork, I called Ford yesterday to check and guess what? Nothing, nada, zip, it took them forever to even be able to see my old reservation, cancellation, etc. Nothing about the $2500. They told me nothing they can do. Told me the dealership I'm buying from needs to do the legwork to figure it out. What a crock of crap Ford! Waited 2.5 years for a final kick to the nuts!

Just a warning for those thinking about cancelling. Ford might screw you over too, and they're not going to help you. FU Ford!
correct. the dealership needs to do the leg work. Ford just needs to verify the order was done month ago and dealer just apply rebate. However, this 2500 is not a rebate only for Bronco but could be applied to a different model like a mustang so maybe the dealership is having some problems. FORD execution of this 2500 is poor since instructions on claiming for another vehcile or at another dealership. The transparency is lacking.
Sponsored