Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

i have never laid eyes on a bronco inreal life but i am certian 1000% the camera issue is going to be an easy fix , at leat it will be for me so dont get all excited about the little things👍
I thought the same thing, but watching the Ford SEMA q&a, they had no answer and seemed to really pause on that question. I was on the fence anyway, for a host of reasons. What I really want is the camera, heated wheel and adaptive cruise. What I really like is the BD SQ. My favorite interior, avoid the color keyed handles and flares and hits the sweet spot on price. I had to make some compromises, so the camera issue just pushed me in a direction.

Advertisement

Last edited:

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

i have never laid eyes on a bronco inreal life but i am certian 1000% the camera issue is going to be an easy fix , at leat it will be for me so dont get all excited about the little things👍
The only thing that makes me think it won't be easy is how does the 360 view work? They have to be using software splicing. Does moving the camera screw up the splicing?

MacHudson

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
I feel your pain but don’t all car manufacturers do the same thing?
Ford has done some major dickhead moves here by locking out certain big “wants” unless you pay big bucks for the upper tier mechanicals. Then you still cannot access the goodies at once. They’ve been locked into Lux.

there will be a crappy radio like in my 2012 SEL Edge or a crazy expensive B&O. Nothing in between. That’s a douche move.

the reat of the Lux package is debatable as to”luxe.”

Adaptive Cruise Control; B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer; Evasive Steering Assist; heated steering wheel; universal garage door opener; 2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System; and wireless charging pad

I dont want the evasive steering. Adaptive cruise is a nice idea but overpriced here. The rest of it? It’s Alexa for a Garmin, a Qi pad, a few plugs and A garage opener. For thousands of dollars?

then, locking a warmed steering wheel in Lux is a royally dickhead move. Ford is in Michigan. It’s godamned cold in Michigan. To put the warmed wheel in the Lux, accessible only via top end models, is truly being an asshole of a company.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Not sure what your point is .. however Jeep chose not to offer it any longer, I choose not to buy it .. sounds like choices to me ..
My point is you can get the V6 in a Wrangler, not just a Gladiator like you said.

You came back with "not with an automatic". That's a different story.

Engine can be had.

Hope this clears it up for you.

tyrobronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150, 2018 Ford Fusion Energi, 2005 Ford 500
Clubs

Sort of
But not really
Jeep has a cold weather package.
Heated seats, steering wheel, and remote start. So thought ford would do similar. But I was wrong. Oh well!
Of course an OBX would be cheaper than a BL and you can get your Lux.

Reactions: RLW

Vigor

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima 2011
Or maybe they trust their partner not to make poor decisions? Or they have my money, your money, and our money?
To add my two cents. I trust my partner to do whatever she wants with HER money. She works for it. She's smart.

But considering your partners desires in purchases and big decisions like a vehicle you both will be in, is part of marriage. Compromise. Because in the end it makes you both happy instead of just 1 of you. My thought anyway. I come from a family of long marriages and it worked for them so I'm trying to follow in their well tread footsteps

I'm getting what I want in every way possible. But the 1 thing her 5'3 self asked for were the powder coated side steps. So I'm giving her that. It helps that both she and I like lux features so I'm getting that anyway. But if I didn't, she would probably ask why i didn't opt for the heated butt warmers lol
Too many suckers live the "happy wife, happy life" way .
The path of least resistance 😅

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Sort of
But not really
Jeep has a cold weather package.
Heated seats, steering wheel, and remote start. So thought ford would do similar. But I was wrong. Oh well!
Ford set out to take all the things that were wrong or that people complained about with the Jeep and make it better. Then I think they got confused and assumed everything with how Jeep did it was wrong. So if Jeep lets you pick just a cold weather package, or just a better sound system, then that must be wrong. And they "fixed" it.

jswan

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Charter member of the He Man Women Haters Club? Seek therapy.
No. No.
No need for therapy darling.
I am in charge of my life. Not some woman.
Pretty simple.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
No. No.
No need for therapy darling.
I am in charge of my life. Not some woman.
Pretty simple.
"Some woman."

Also, don't call me darling. I'm not interested in being addressed by a stranger in a condescending diminutive term. This isn't 1919. Women have the right to vote and own property now.

jswan

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
"Some woman."

Also, don't call me darling. I'm not interested in being addressed by a stranger in a condescending diminutive term. This isn't 1919. Women have the right to vote and own property now.
Wow. You're a tick off the rails. Never intended for this to go here.
I am all about equality, but won't bow down to the happy wife happy life mantra.
I am all about the woman I am with being herself and doing her thing, and expect her to respect that about me too. We get along great with that mindset.
Relax.

Advertisement

Advertisement